American Idol

RedSock in Westeros

No I find Amanda to be a rocker. And yes, Brooke is in Carly Simon role, which we need more of. Frankly the artists today are crap and are manufactured. It would be nice to see someone who can actually bring music back to what it used to be.

And I think Brooke's version was perfect - she did not need further music - that is the whole point of her take on the song.

Sheryl Crow rocks. But I haven't seen Brooke reach that level yet.

She's really more of a folkie in the Karen Carpenter, Carole King vein... which is cool. I think it suits her fine. It just ain't rock.

And there's plenty of female singer-songwriters making waves these days on the charts, so I'm sure she's got a good shot. I just think she could use a bit more edge, even if she stays mellow.

But in order to pass a good female singer-songwriter, one is usually expected to write great songs and sing them. American Idol really isn't the place to do that. And that's why she won't win.

Sheryl Crow rocks. But I haven't seen Brooke reach that level yet.

She's really more of a folkie in the Karen Carpenter, Carole King vein... which is cool. I think it suits her fine. It just ain't rock.

And there's plenty of female singer-songwriters making waves these days on the charts, so I'm sure she's got a good shot. I just think she could use a bit more edge, even if she stays mellow.

But in order to pass a good female singer-songwriter, one is usually expected to write great songs and sing them. American Idol really isn't the place to do that. And that's why she won't win.

I predict we hear her sing "Strong Enough" by Sheryl Crow when 90's night hits. That's the kind of thing I was thinking of.

Though, it would be interesting to see if she could belt out something like "The Difficult Kind" which is probably my favorite Crow song, just to see if Brooke can show some emotional depth in her voice and hit that edge you mention.

Just no "All I Wanna Do" please.

Holy Cow! I can't believe America actually voted off Danny Noriega!!!! When I saw it was him or Chikeeze that was going home... I thought for sure it would be Chikeeze. I figured there'd be enough sympathetic little girls out there that would have gotten him over the top for at least another couple of weeks.

No real surprise with the other three though IMO.

Holy Cow! I can't believe America actually voted off Danny Noriega!!!! When I saw it was him or Chikeeze that was going home... I thought for sure it would be Chikeeze. I figured there'd be enough sympathetic little girls out there that would have gotten him over the top for at least another couple of weeks.

No real surprise with the other three though IMO.

I was suprised by Danny going as well. But hopefully now the kid can drift off into obscurity.

I didn't catch next weeks theme...did they announce it? (I watched the whole thing on Tivo, fast forward through 90% of it)

The burning question is where will Kady end up?

E! Network

TV Guide Channel

Best Week Ever

She's got the chops for that kind of snarky entertainment reporting and satirizing. Maybe Seacrest can get her an in on E!

The burning question is where will Kady end up?

E! Network

TV Guide Channel

Best Week Ever

She's got the chops for that kind of snarky entertainment reporting and satirizing. Maybe Seacrest can get her an in on E!

I'm thinking Access Hollywood or the Fox Reality Channel.

Did anyone besides me think that Chikezie was about to make love to Danny during the elimination? That was some major PDA.

Maybe he's "on the down low."

(I totally wouldn't have known what that meant if it weren't for an episode of Law and Order: SUV a couple years ago.)

Finaly they send Luke and Kady home!

I didn't catch next weeks theme...did they announce it? (I watched the whole thing on Tivo, fast forward through 90% of it)

I think it's the Beatles, but I dont know for sure.

Gods help us all.

Beatles...thats cool. I'm a big Beatles fan.

You know for the first time since I started watching the show (season 3), I don't think that there is anyone in the top 12 that really doesn't belong. They are all pretty good (Ok, may Amanda but at least she is interesting)

I think they can do a pretty job on the Beatles stuff.

I love the Beatles, too, but I am of the opinion that it is quite painful to watch Beatle karaoke, even with great singers.

This is not to say I don't like interpretations of Beatles music. I love what George Benson did just months after Abbey Road was released with his The Other Side of Abbey Road album.

I think the Ricky Minor Experience is a competent band, but it's hard to make the Beatles a transforming experience when doing 12 songs in a row. I don't want to see 12 slowed down versions of "Imagine" like Archuleta did. That was wonderful, but one song like that a show is quite enough.

Mayhaps I will be surprised.

Amanda is going DESTROY any Beatles song she sings.

And I don't mean destroy in a cool, young, hip way. She's going to KILL it. I don't mean THAT in a hip way, either. Okay, she's going to murder it. That's clear enough, right?

:lol: I get your point Mandy....

Maybe she will suprise us....her voice is simular to Joe Cocker....maybe she will do "A Little Help From My friends"

Though our luck she will do Helter Skelter. *starts cringing now*

Seacrest said the Lennon/McCartney songs were made available to them, right? Hopefully this means no one will have an opportunity to mess up "Something" or "Here Comes The Sun."

I'm hoping Amanda does "I Want You / She's So Heavy."

Look for the following to be 'interpretted:'

"Blackbird" - Rocked out by the David Cook

"Piggies" - David Archuleta really shows his range.

"Why Don't We Do It In The Road" - Brooke continues to tease me mercilessly with a folksy version while staring straight into my eyes through the magic of HDTV.

Abbey Road Side Two Medley medley - Chikeze.

Crap. I guess there are Beatles songs she could totally do. Come Together could work, too.

Bleah.

The Bealtes were so diverse in their music that anybody could find SOMETHING that they could do.

(hehe, though I would like to see one of them do Revolution #9)

Ok, I'll just wait and see. I'm just looking forward to her sucking and bombing out. You'd think I'd like her - I was told the other day that she reminded someone of me, and she has my name, but... gawd.

hmmmmm..... now that you mention it .....

I'm sure they will all pick Beatles hits, rather than obscure album tracks. They nearly always do when limited to one artist. Sometimes, it hurts them because there are album tracks that they could do really well, and would suit them, but in general, I think the audience prefers songs they are already familiar with

Archived