Last Man Standing contest?

kyleM

North - Round III
(1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy Vs (4) [b]Gerold Hightower[/b]
(3) The Smiling Knight Vs (2) [b]Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane
[/b]
South - Round III
(1) [b]Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning"[/b] Vs (5) Oberyn Martell "Red Viper"
(6) [b]Garlan Tyrell[/b] Vs (2) Serwyn of the Mirrorshield

West - Round III
(1) [b]Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister[/b] Vs (5) Victarion Greyjoy
(3) [b]Daemon Blackfyre[/b] Vs (2) Aegor "Bittersteel" Rivers

East - Round III
(1) [b]Aemon the Dragonknight[/b] Vs (4) Khal Drogo
(3) [b]Robert Baratheon[/b] Vs (2) Sandor "The Hound" Clegane

[b]ALL RIGHT THAT'S IT!!!
END OF THE SWEET 16.
[/b]
I'll tally them up in a bit.

[b]================================================================================
voting line for counting purposes - END OF ROUND III
================================================================================[/b]

[u][b]ROUND III RESULTS[/b][/u]

[u]North - Round III[/u]
[b](1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy[/b] Vs (4) Gerold Hightower
Barristan moves on after what can only be called a dance with swords.
(3) The Smiling Knight Vs [b](2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane[/b]
Gregor smashes the smile off of the Smiling Knight

[u]South - Round III[/u]
[b](1) Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning" [/b]Vs (5) Oberyn Martell "Red Viper"
Arthur kept his distance, only taking one hit from the Red Viper, for some reason his tongue has swollen up and he keeps saying Hodor?
- what's that? oh.... no Honor... sounds like hodor to me.
[b](6) Garlan Tyrell [/b]Vs (2) Serwyn of the Mirrorshield
Garlan just keeps knocking them down and keeps his glass slippers on.

[u]West - Round III[/u]
[b](1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister [/b]Vs (5) Victarion Greyjoy
Jaime almost looks arrogant in this victory, making a fool out of who he calls "the Squid"
[b](3) Daemon Blackfyre[/b] Vs (2) Aegor "Bittersteel" Rivers
The Warrior with a Sword wins easily

[u]East - Round III[/u]
[b](1) Aemon the Dragonknight Vs (4) Khal Drogo[/b]
This one is tied up, I'm going to have to flip the coin and let the gods decide. I think I'll do best out of 3.
[b](3) Robert Baratheon [/b]Vs (2) Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
Robert takes his anger out the other Clegane brother for Gregor's win over the Dragon Prince.
quote: "I'm coming for you Gregor (drunken slur), Hey, know what sound (drunken slur) mountain makes when it falls?... Neither do I, (drunken slur) we're going to find out.... (drunken slur) But first (something about Dragonspawn or Horse f***ing, Pony-tail wearing (drunken slur))....."

[u]East - Round III[/u]
[b](1) Aemon the Dragonknight [/b]Vs (4) Khal Drogo

We had a tie, I flipped best out of 3. Dragonknight was heads because the dragon has 3 heads,
Khal Drogo was tails because well, he has a pony-tail, and his son was born with a tail.

first two flips were heads, third flip was a tail.
So no number ones have fallen yet.
Dragonknight moves on.

[quote name='DocBean' post='1383656' date='Jun 4 2008, 09.43'][b](3) Robert Baratheon [/b]Vs (2) Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
Robert takes his anger out the other Clegane brother for Gregor's win over the Dragon Prince.
quote: "I'm coming for you Gregor (drunken slur), Hey, know what sound (drunken slur) mountain makes when it falls?... Neither do I, (drunken slur) we're going to find out.... (drunken slur) But first (something about Dragonspawn or Horse f***ing, Pony-tail wearing (drunken slur))....."[/quote]
DUDE. :thumbsdown: I have to get drunk myself now. My favored competitor! I don't even know how many dragons I've lost in bets.

[quote name='King Bronn' post='1383717' date='Jun 4 2008, 14.08']DUDE. :thumbsdown: I have to get drunk myself now. My favored competitor! I don't even know how many dragons I've lost in bets.[/quote]

Join the club. It was a conspiracy I tell you. Stop hating on the hound cause he's so bad ass. Robert's not that good.

[b]
================================================================================
================================================================================

[/b]

[b]ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT[/b]

[u][b]North - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane

[u][b]South - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning" Vs (6) Garlan Tyrell

[u][b]West - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister Vs (3) Daemon Blackfyre

[u][b]East - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) Aemon the Dragonknight Vs (3) Robert Baratheon

[b]Remember, All fighters in their Prime, with their weapon of choice.
Don't quote anyone's vote, or vote more then once, so I don't accidentally count them twice.[/b]

And before we get to the Final Four - Please let me know how you'd like to see it broken down.
I'm thinking N vs W / E vs S, but I think we can do whatever.

[b]
voting line for counting purposes - BEGINNING OF ROUND IV - VOTE NOW!
[/b]

My vote

North - Round IV
[b](1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy [/b]Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane
the Mountain all but lost to the Red Viper, I think Barristan is good enough to take him down.

South - Round IV
[b](1) Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning" [/b]Vs (6) Garlan Tyrell
Remember when Arthur fought the Smiling Knight? He actually let him get a new sword before he took him out because Dawn made such a mess of his first one. That's just plain awesome.

West - Round IV
[b](1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister [/b]Vs (3) Daemon Blackfyre
This would be a good one I think.

East - Round IV
(1) Aemon the Dragonknight Vs[b] (3) Robert Baratheon[/b]
One word - Dragonspawn

North - Round IV
(1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy Vs [b](2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane[/b]

South - Round IV
[b](1) Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning"[/b] Vs (6) Garlan Tyrell

West - Round IV
(1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister Vs [b](3) Daemon Blackfyre[/b]

East - Round IV
(1) Aemon the Dragonknight Vs [b](3) Robert Baratheon[/b]

ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT

North - Round IV
[b](1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy[/b] Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane

South - Round IV

West - Round IV
[b](1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister[/b] Vs (3) Daemon Blackfyre

East - Round IV

North - Round IV
[b](1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy[/b] Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane

Barristan is too skillful to get overwhelmed by Gregor's superior force and would be able to pull out a win, but the fight could go either way if Gregor "clips his wings" as it were.

South - Round IV

Arhur Dayne is just too good, there's no potential for upset even remotely in this fight.

West - Round IV

This one is just too hard to pick. Jaime is going against what some could argue is most deserving of a #1 seed. I'm just going with the topseeded seeming underdog.

East - Round IV

Robert against a dragon? Give me the Big Drunk Rob every time.

ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT

North - Round IV
(1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy Vs (2) [b]Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane[/b]

South - Round IV
(1) [b]Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning"[/b] Vs (6) Garlan Tyrell

West - Round IV
(1) [b]Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister[/b] Vs (3) Daemon Blackfyre

East - Round IV
(1)[b] Aemon the Dragonknight[/b] Vs (3) Robert Baratheon

ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT

North - Round IV
(1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy Vs (2) [b]Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane[/b]
While Barristan is a fantastic swordsman he does not have the advantage the Red Viper had, namely six feet of wood and two feet of steel.

South - Round IV
This one is obvious.
West - Round IV
(1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister Vs (3) [b]Daemon Blackfyre[/b]
Ok I think there is some confusion on who Daemon Blackfyre is. Daemon Blackfyre is the guy who was described as being "The Warrior incarnate" aka Jaime prays to Daemon and Daemon chops off his golden head.

East - Round IV
(1) [b]Aemon the Dragonknight [/b]Vs (3) Robert Baratheon
The Dragonknight is beast, plus Robert is drunk most of the time and his hatred of Dragonspawn will blind him to the cunning and skill of Aemon. And Dark Sister > Warhammer every time.

ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT

North - Round IV
(1) [b]Barristan "The Bold" Selmy[/b] Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane
Gregor depends on shock and awe. A competent fighter like Bronn can see his weaknesses. Barristan would tire him out and take him apart.

South - Round IV
Garlan gets a bad draw. Probably best of the still living crop but not good enough to beat Dayne.

West - Round IV
(1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister Vs (3) [b]Daemon Blackfyre[/b]
Tough one, both have a lot to prove and both do that with marital prowess. My initial instinct was Jaime but I think Blackfyre had better competition to hone his skills against, thus would prevail here.

East - Round IV
(1) [b]Aemon the Dragonknight[/b] Vs (3) Robert Baratheon
'Nother tough one. As good as Robert was he'll be remembered as the ultimate brawler not the perfect knight.

The final four almost deserve a round robin to determine who the last two fighters should be, but the would probably taking too long.

[quote name='DocBean' post='1383922' date='Jun 4 2008, 12.03'][b]

[/b]

[b]ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT[/b]

[u][b]North - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) [b]Barristan "The Bold" Selmy [/b]Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane - Gregor is big, strong, and capable... but any of the top-seeded fighters should beat him. Gregor needs Barristan to really slip up (a la Oberyn Martell) to eke out a victory. Barristan took out the Titan's Bastard in his 60s (70s?) with a stick. In his prime, with a sword, Gregor is toast.

[u][b]South - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) [b]Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning"[/b] Vs (6) Garlan Tyrell - Garlan's improbable run to the Elite Eight ends at Dawn.

[u][b]West - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) [b]Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister[/b] Vs (3) Daemon Blackfyre - Wow. This is a tough call, and would be an *incredible* duel. But I think Jaime has the edge. Daemon was called the Warrior incarnate, but who were his contemporaries? Daeron II was a thinker, not a fighter. Bloodraven wielded Dark Sister, but preferred his bow. Bittersteel was good, but not noted for his prowess. Gwayne Corbray's claim to fame is that he fought Daemon to a standstill for nearly an hour. I think Daemon isn't as good as his superlative suggests. Conversely, Jaime stands out as being great despite his contemporaries: Barristan, Gregor, Sandor, Oberyn, Garlan, as well as having trained with Arthur Dayne and the rest of Aerys II's Kingsguard.

[u][b]East - Round IV[/b][/u]
(1) Aemon the Dragonknight Vs (3)[b] Robert Baratheon[/b] - Are you kidding? A young Robert with the opportunity to kill more Targaryens?

[b]Remember, All fighters in their Prime, with their weapon of choice.
Don't quote anyone's vote, or vote more then once, so I don't accidentally count them twice.[/b]

And before we get to the Final Four - Please let me know how you'd like to see it broken down.
I'm thinking N vs W / E vs S, but I think we can do whatever.

[b]
voting line for counting purposes - BEGINNING OF ROUND IV - VOTE NOW!
[/b][/quote]

As for the Final Four... dig into your collection of dice (I know you have them somewhere), and pull out a six-sided die. Roll the 6-sided for who North faces: 1-2=South, 3-4=West, 5-6=East.

ROUND IV
THE ELITE EIGHT

North - Round IV
(1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy Vs [b](2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane[/b]

South - Round IV

West - Round IV

East - Round IV

NCAA ranks the #1 seeds 1-4 and fits them into their bracket so 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 if all four #1 seeds advance to the Final Four. Of course, that requires a pseudo-voting decision in and of itself, so rolling dice works fine for me. I'd probably have gone South plays West, East plays North if I were doing it the NCAA way.

EDIT: Upon further review, Barristan's game-winning three pointer was after the buzzer...

North - Round IV
[b](1) Barristan "The Bold" Selmy [/b]Vs (2) Gregor "Mountain that Rides" Clegane

South - Round IV
[b](1) Arthur Dayne "Sword of the Morning" [/b]Vs (6) Garlan Tyrell

West - Round IV
[b](1) Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister Vs[/b] (3) Daemon Blackfyre

East - Round IV
[b](1) Aemon the Dragonknight Vs[/b] (3) Robert Baratheon

Kingsguard all the way.

Archived