AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404455' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.42']Okay, RP was fun, now let's cut for the chase:

I dislike this post.

First of all, he explained someting I've already explained 3 minutes before. That certainly is more than he needed to write such a short post. There was even a reply before mine, although tehnically not explaining the issue. However, it looks like trying to blend in to me.

Second, why on earth would we want to read an old Mafia game right now? Not a sure indication of guilt, of course, but it's a little bit off.

I have found nothing as suspicious in the game so far. [b]Blind Io[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404578' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.27']I think it would be extremely odd if it took him three minutes to write that post.

I also think that you are being overdefensive.[/quote]
It has been debated whether this was a joke vote or not. It doesn't look like a joke vote to me. Libby, I'd like to hear what you have to say about your own posts. Joke or not?

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1404406' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.18']'ello all. wold anyone lie to purchase some "pork" sausage?

/RPing based what i read in 5 minutes on wiki.[/quote]

I'm going to vote [b]Dibbler.[/b] He has one post, an attempt at RP.

Duckman and The Luggage have failed to check in so far.

[quote name='Death' post='1404756' date='Jun 18 2008, 22.14']For the record, I find you suspicious. You've posted 3 times, and none of them have expressed a concrete opinion. In your second post, you question Hogfather about his annoying=evil strategy, but don't follow up on that. In your third post, you simply say the only suspicious thing you've seen at all is my overreaction. Like, none of the other people who either defend/attack me or the Librarian are worth mentioning? But you also don't vote for me. Talk about leaving yourself open to jump bandwagons later on.

[b]Greebo[/b][/quote]

You're grasping at straws, Big D. I commented on Hoggy's 'strategy', not questioned it. I wanted to judge his reaction, which, since he left, hasn't occurred. Someone throwing votes around that early in the game when most of us are just playing around isn't suspicious to me by itself. :dunno: How he reacted could have been. I commented on your defensiveness but didn't vote for you because one odd move does not equal guilty, and we have plenty of time left for me to put a vote down. The way you reacted to the accusation of being defensive has mollified me.

As it is, I find Grytha Ogg rather worrisome. She hasn't done anything beyond smile, be nice and cheerful, and vote for the guy with one post of no importance. Other than a desire to put a vote down suddenly for a reason I personally don't understand, perhaps she's trying to move out of your list of 'potential bandwaggoners'?

Right now, I'm in 'wait and see' mode, D. I'll lay a vote down before my bedtime, and I'll be around until then, but that's the best you're gonna get from me. You feel free to play aggressively for the both of us, k? I'm sure you can handle it. :kiss:

And by the way, you spelled my name wrong. :(

I think the Librarian's case against Blind Io was very weak, but there was nothing to go on at the time, so I won't hold that against him. His case on Death is slightly better. However I prefer to look at:

[quote name='Hogfather' post='1404482' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.53'](Emphasis mine) Shocking, especially considering all that has gone on thus far :P.

I do agree with you though, that did seem odd to me as I was reading. Particularly saying we should reread Dunny's game.[/quote]
This is [b]Hogfather[/b]'s only contributive post so far, and...really the case may have been a starting place, but agreeing with such a weak case? Especially with, IMO, the weakest part of the case? Hogfather had several other posts after this, but none of them contributed much.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1404852' date='Jun 18 2008, 18.23']I'm going to vote [b]Dibbler.[/b] He has one post, an attempt at RP.

Duckman and The Luggage have failed to check in so far.[/quote]
Dibbler may only have one RP post, but said post is also early in the game when all the posts were RP. More suspicious are Cohen the Barbarian and the Soul Cake Duck, both of whom have made multiple posts after the game started getting serious, but have yet to make any contribution. I don't like this vote, it seems pretty lazy to me. Only a step up from voting for the people who haven't shown up yet.*

*Which is a pet peeve of mine. [feeble attempt at RP]I would have had no choice but to eat you then. :D [/feeble attempt at RP]

[quote name='Greedo' post='1404923' date='Jun 18 2008, 18.58']As it is, I find Grytha Ogg rather worrisome. She hasn't done anything beyond smile, be nice and cheerful, and vote for the guy with one post of no importance. Other than a desire to put a vote down suddenly for a reason I personally don't understand, perhaps she's trying to move out of your list of 'potential bandwaggoners'?[/quote]

Since when has not agreeing with weak cases and putting pressure on low posters worrisome? :rolleyes:

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1404969' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.21']Dibbler may only have one RP post, but said post is also early in the game when all the posts were RP. More suspicious are Cohen the Barbarian and the Soul Cake Duck, both of whom have made multiple posts after the game started getting serious, but have yet to make any contribution. I don't like this vote, it seems pretty lazy to me. Only a step up from voting for the people who haven't shown up yet.*

*Which is a pet peeve of mine. [feeble attempt at RP]I would have had no choice but to eat you then. :D [/feeble attempt at RP][/quote]

but we don't know if Dibbler was here or not. I couldn't vote for all three of them, or I would have.

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1404969' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.21']More suspicious are Cohen the Barbarian and the Soul Cake Duck, both of whom have made multiple posts after the game started getting serious, but have yet to make any contribution.[/quote]

But keeping joke game is so much better. Nobody dies!!!!!

*Puts on serious face*

Will stop twatting about. Promise. No more substance-less posts - except to denote over-long bathroom breaks and things of that kind.

Apologies for the delay, matters of the utmost importance to attend to and all that.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1404852' date='Jun 18 2008, 18.23']Duckman and The Luggage have failed to check in so far.[/quote]
I fail to see why [b]Gytha Ogg[/b] is bringing ducks into the proceedings. Clearly something dodgy afoot.

[quote name='Offler' post='1404885' date='Jun 18 2008, 18.42']IMO no one sticks out right now. I would like to see what Duckman and The Luggage have to say.[/quote]
I'll give Offler the benefit of the doubt because he could just be playing along with Nanny Ogg. Though I have my eye on him.

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1404948' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.07']I think the Librarian's case against Blind Io was very weak, but there was nothing to go on at the time, so I won't hold that against him. His case on Death is slightly better. However I prefer to look at:
QUOTE (Hogfather @ Jun 18 2008, 14.53)
(Emphasis mine) Shocking, especially considering all that has gone on thus far .
I do agree with you though, that did seem odd to me as I was reading. Particularly saying we should reread Dunny's game.

This is Hogfather's only contributive post so far, and...really the case may have been a starting place, but agreeing with such a weak case? Especially with, IMO, the weakest part of the case? Hogfather had several other posts after this, but none of them contributed much.[/quote]

First point: Two posts after this is not several, and they contributed nothing - except some fractious interaction re: the "friendly FYI"

Second point: You are saying that Librarian's case vs. Blind Io is very weak - fair enough. But then you say the case MAY have been a starting place, so in other words it's weak but possible. But then you condemn Hoggy, for agreeing with "the weakest part of the case". I'd have thought that that was the main part of the case - the encouragement for re-reading which could therefore influence positively or negatively in this game - as I read it; and therefore Hoggy is agreeing with the strongest part. So you say the case is possibly plausible, and yet you scorn the most plausible part, and even cast a vote (mainly) because of that scorn.

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1404948' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.07']His case on Death is slightly better.[/quote]

Really?

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404602' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.34']:rolleyes: Look who's talking now.

Death's big reply to a side-note joking mention of him is a serious thing in my eyes. Don't make it less stong an argument by jokes. Thanks.[/quote]

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404627' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.44']Yeah. Do you find this suspicious and overdefensive? :rolleyes:[/quote]

IMO Libby contradicts themself by saying don't make jokes, then - and I may have read it wrong, but to me it is - making light of the case themself by "rolleyes" in response to a response to the Death Case. As in - it isn't suspicious and overdefensive at all, even though that is part of the case.

So, weak reasons as justifcation for voting Hoggy, when a simple irked-ness at Hoggy's unhelpfulness may at this stage have been enough justification. As it is, you've kinda let yourself down by your arguments.

I find Librarian's acting quite prickly, but I don't want to vote for them at the moment. So,

[b]Luggage[/b]. .

EDIT: to unbold Hogfather in Luggage's post.

I have here some good milk and cookies. I would love to share, there is however a trust issue. Someone is dead and I do not want to look guilty by sharing with the killers.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1404974' date='Jun 18 2008, 18.24']but we don't know if Dibbler was here or not. I couldn't vote for all three of them, or I would have.[/quote]

Gytha Ogg, you want to wack three people at one time? This seems like you are anxious to kill off every body, and comes off suspicious. I will remain holding onto an open vote for now. I will be keeping an eye on you.

[quote name='Duck Man' post='1404998' date='Jun 18 2008, 18.38']I'll give Offler the benefit of the doubt because he could just be playing along with Nanny Ogg. Though I have my eye on him.[/quote]
Duck Man it is good to see you. :)

Although I do not like placing me along with Gytha Ogg ;)

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1404633' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.47']:lmao: I don't think [i]all[/i] sausage is bad ;)[/quote]

the kind I sell is. ;)

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1404852' date='Jun 18 2008, 17.23']I'm going to vote [b]Dibbler.[/b] He has one post, an attempt at RP.[/quote]

i was at my jerb because I need foods.

anyway, i vote [b]go to night.[/b] Its extremely unlikely we will hit one of the bad guys taking a shot in the dark, and if we don't kill someone today that will give us an extra day at the [i]end[/i] of the game before we reach parity and lose. It'll be more useful then then it would be now.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405046' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.01']First point: Two posts after this is not several, and they contributed nothing - except some fractious interaction re: the "friendly FYI"[/quote] Evidently I don't know what "several" means. :blush: Anyway, my point was he had some opportunity to say more, and didn't.

[quote]Second point: You are saying that Librarian's case vs. Blind Io is very weak - fair enough. But then you say the case MAY have been a starting place, so in other words it's weak but possible. But then you condemn Hoggy, for agreeing with "the weakest part of the case". I'd have thought that that was the main part of the case - the encouragement for re-reading which could therefore influence positively or negatively in this game - as I read it; and therefore Hoggy is agreeing with the strongest part. So you say the case is possibly plausible, and yet you scorn the most plausible part, and even cast a vote (mainly) because of that scorn.[/quote] No, the case is not plausible. It was a starting point because it gave us something to talk about and react to beyond RP. And yes, the case on death is a bit better, because it is plausible. His reaction was vehement which is slightly suspicious.

[quote]IMO Libby contradicts themself by saying don't make jokes, then - and I may have read it wrong, but to me it is - making light of the case themself by "rolleyes" in response to a response to the Death Case. As in - it isn't suspicious and overdefensive at all, even though that is part of the case.[/quote] Umm...I'm pretty sure the rolleyes was directed at Rincewind. The way I read it, he was rolling his eyes because Rincewind said that Death wasn't suspicious, but then pretty much rephrased what the Librarian had said was suspicious.

[quote]So, weak reasons as justifcation for voting Hoggy, when a simple irked-ness at Hoggy's unhelpfulness may at this stage have been enough justification. As it is, you've kinda let yourself down by your arguments.[/quote] Hogfather has been unhelpful and agreed with a case that I felt was extremely weak, putting him slightly ahead of people who are just plain unhelpful.

It is interesting that you chose to vote for the player who called you suspicious. ;)

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1404974' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.24']but we don't know if Dibbler was here or not. I couldn't vote for all three of them, or I would have.[/quote]
Why not vote for someone we know was here, rather than someone who genuinely may not have been?

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1405065' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.23']Why not vote for someone we know was here, rather than someone who genuinely may not have been?[/quote]

I just chose the lowest poster...and at the time, I didn't know if any of the 3 were around.

Not too hard to figure out is it? :/

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1405064' date='Jun 19 2008, 02.21']It is interesting that you chose to vote for the player who called you suspicious. ;)[/quote]

It's interesting that you brought that up.
Because of course I've got a lynch train on me, and I need to divert suspicion ever so badly. Or not!!!

Anyway, Oggy put me as one of the three she'd be happy to rid the game of. But I didn't vote for her, because I find her less suspicious than you.

Suspicious to me at the moment is - everybody, naturally.
Most suspicious to me at the moment though, are Luggage (for my vote post reasons) Librarian (something in their reactions), and Gytha Ogg (who I call she because she's a little old lady, naturally, and also because it's easier than writing they/them/it all the time) because of her vagueness.

I'm also a little concerned about Esme, despite (her) voting for Death of Rats, she's been more than a little MOR herself. And Dibbler's voting go to night at the moment? We have, what, nearly 20 hours left? Plenty of time to root out any evils; tremendous waste to go to night now. More posts needed from a lot of people.

Archived