AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405443' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.54']I am a bit surprised you missed this since you take a strong stance against perceived middle of the roading.[/quote]

That's one worth noting too. Like I said, I was in the middle of reading the Offler when you asked your question. And part of Duck Man's post was quoted by Offler, so my eye was drawn to it as well.

Esme, I am going down the middle road currently because I want more input from everyone. I am not going to just throw out a random vote.

Voting for night, I stand on a big NO. We have 2(?) CF in the game, and I believe when it comes down to if they can determine whether or not they are sane, they will come forward.

I will re-read and see if I change my mind on voting.

[quote name='Offler' post='1405477' date='Jun 19 2008, 00.23']Voting for night, I stand on a big NO. We have 2(?) CF in the game, and I believe when it comes down to if they can determine whether or not they are sane, they will come forward.[/quote]

Heh, a little more might factor into that decision.

Like, how comfortable they are with being NKed.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405479' date='Jun 19 2008, 00.24']Heh, a little more might factor into that decision.

Like, how comfortable they are with being NKed.[/quote]
True true.

re-reading, will be back for further comments.

Re: Esme/Death of Rats- I think the conversation you are having is blowing alot of smoke. A post isn't a joke or not a joke. All Librarian did was vote. Whether or not he was joking doesn't really say much about his intentions. It was early day 1 though, so I'm guessing the point of the vote was to stir the pot. I just don't know if yall's argument was an intentional diversion or not. And since I may be called out for another assumption, I don't even know if anyone else found distracting. What did everyone else think?

The case on Blind Io is awful, being joke or or not. Still, something like that was needful at the moment.
The case on Death is slightly better. Sadly, it seems to be best thing we have for now.
The case on Death of Rats is awful too; moreover, it seems very artificial. It seems Esme failed to find something suspicious and so accused a person randomly for a very horrible reason. Well, we all do such things at times, but it's strange she insists on that "case".
All the rest is brutal pressure, not cases.
I am torn between voting Death or Esme. I'll decide in close future.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405459' date='Jun 19 2008, 00.12']If noone else has anything to add, I'm going to go for several hours.[/quote]

I think you're suspicious for your long-ass posts about why you thought Librarian wasn't serious, but I'm willing to admit I just suspect you because your reasoning for why you thought that made absolutely no sense to me.

And I never said I [i]suspected[/i] the Librarian. Just that I thought he was wrong. And the reason I thought he was serious in his suspicion of me was because, well, he said he'd lynch me next if Io was guilty. And then he voted for me. He seemed pretty serious to me, and I'm generally good at reading sarcasm. :dunno:

[quote name='DEATH' post='1405494' date='Jun 19 2008, 00.45']I think you're suspicious for your long-ass posts about why you thought Librarian wasn't serious, but I'm willing to admit I just suspect you because your reasoning for why you thought that made absolutely no sense to me.[/quote]

Eh, I was addressed about that so I responded. It just took several tries to make any progress. (and still failed)

It is time for me to go to bed.

I will give Libby a pass for the weak case on me. I will chalk it up to spurring on discussion in the game.

I vote [b]Hogfather[/b] for buying into the case and adding nothing of substance to the discussion.

G'night folks.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Blind Io, CMOT Dibbler, Cohen the Barbarian, Death, Death of Rats, Duck Man, Esme Weatherwax, Gatha Ogg, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes, The Hogfather, The Librarian, The Luggagge.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

2 votes for Death (Death of Rats, The Librarian)
2 votes for The Hogfather (The Luggagge, Blind Io)
1 vote for CMOT Dibbler (Gatha Ogg)
1 vote for The Librarian (CMOT Dibbler)
1 vote for Death of Rats (Esme Weatherwax)
1 vote for Blind Io (The Hogfather)
1 vote for Gatha Ogg (Duck Man)
1 vote for Greebo (Death)
1 vote for The Luggagge (Cohen the Barbarian)

5 players have not voted: Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes.

[i]Shadowmod's going to be going to sleep soon(er or later, maybe later), so you may be modless for a bit.[/i]

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405503' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.00']Eh, I was addressed about that so I responded. It just took several tries to make any progress. (and still failed)[/quote]

So, basically the same thing that happened to me? :rolleyes:

[quote name='DEATH' post='1405508' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.04']So, basically the same thing that happened to me? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well, if Libby wasn't joking, your response's indignation was 100% understandable.

I'll [b]remove vote[/b] for said reason and because there are much better cases.

[quote name='Soul Cake Duck' post='1405509' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.04']Generally, it's bad to lynch a top poster, but in this case ratio of content/number of post is far from impressing.[/quote]

I agree that Esme's argument lacked content, but this whole game has seemed to lack content. I don't think I can really single out Esme or D of R as the distractors, even if I am leaning that way.

The case against Hogfather might be best. Not just because he believed a simple, weak case but he has been backing up that belief when called out for not adding much.

So, to clarify: DoR was the closest to my reasoning for voting BI. I was eager to get the game going, so I pointed out the first mildly suspicious thing I could find and pretended it was a fool-proof case.

Death, my comment about lynching you next...please...I think this was an understandable joke, right? Right?

[quote name='Hogger']I do agree with you though, that did seem odd to me as I was reading. Particularly saying we should reread Dunny's game.[/quote]

This is the most suspicious person in the game, really. It's not much, but it is day one.

[quote name='Offler' post='1405483' date='Jun 19 2008, 07.28']True true.

re-reading, will be back for further comments.[/quote]
If only I could read so fast... :rolleyes:

Gah. One more thing to add-my :rolleyes: was directed to Rincewind for repeating my argument and calling it something else. This was already offered as an explanation, but I can't remember by whom. I was genuinely suspicious of Death at the moment, since he wrote a long-winded response to an obvious joke. However, now he has been pushed aside by a ton of other people. More about those after a quick re-read.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405527' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.24']If only I could read so fast... :rolleyes:

Gah. One more thing to add-my :rolleyes: was directed to Rincewind for repeating my argument and calling it something else. This was already offered as an explanation, but I can't remember by whom. I was genuinely suspicious of Death at the moment, since he wrote a long-winded response to an obvious joke. However, now he has been pushed aside by a ton of other people. More about those after a quick re-read.[/quote]

I'd like to hear Esme's rebuttal to your claim that your joke was in fact, a joke.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405521' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.17']So, to clarify: DoR was the closest to my reasoning for voting BI. I was eager to get the game going, so I pointed out the first mildly suspicious thing I could find and pretended it was a fool-proof case.[/quote]

When you asked Death of Rats what he thought of BI, were you asking him to respond to the points you raised against BI? Did you find it odd that he did not respond to those points, and instead said that there was nothing to say about BI?

Archived