AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405570' date='Jun 19 2008, 03.07']But, even though it was weak, the argument against Io was the only one in the game so far.[/quote]

Sure, but that doesn't mean that he has to agree with it. You said a little earlier that you saw his point, I don't even see that he's made a point to agree with. His argument seems to be "I agree BI is suspicious" because "I also thought his post was odd when I read it."

I will add that I was wrong before. Cohen has also suggested that BI's post might have been suspicious although he backed it up with a theory at least. He suggested that BI might have been pointing people at the other thread because something in [i]that[/i] thread could influence people's thinking. It would mean that BI was a fairly Machiavellian FM, but at least it was a reason to agree.

That said, there's probably not much to be gained by perusing the Hogfather further until he is around to be questioned.

Through the first part of Esme and the Death of Rats arguments I felt that Esme was probably being a little over insistent, but I am now inclined to believe that she simply got pulled into an argument and followed where it lead (perhaps further than she meant it to?). I don't buy her complain about the DoR but I could follow her argument.

Incidentally, I do agree with you that Nanny Ogg makes for a curious read. I'm very aware that day one is not the easiest time to contribute thoughts of great weight but a quick pop in to vote for Dibbler and her brief thoughts on going to night (and those are really the only topics that her one liners pertain to) are less than convincing, even at this point in the game.

At the moment I've still got the Hogfather first. I can see arguments against Nanny Ogg and on review I'm a little dubious of Cohen's rationalising of the Blind Io [s]banana[/s] remark, especially since he was also arguing with the Luggage at the time, who I felt was making sense.

Back for ten minutes or so, should be gone for five hours but will be back after that.

In my last substantial post I said:
[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405085' date='Jun 19 2008, 02.37']Suspicious to me at the moment is - everybody, naturally.
Most suspicious to me at the moment though, are Luggage (for my vote post reasons) Librarian (something in their reactions), and Gytha Ogg (who I call she because she's a little old lady, naturally, and also because it's easier than writing they/them/it all the time) because of her vagueness.

I'm also a little concerned about Esme, despite (her) voting for Death of Rats, she's been more than a little MOR herself. And Dibbler's voting go to night at the moment? We have, what, nearly 20 hours left? Plenty of time to root out any evils; tremendous waste to go to night now. More posts needed from a lot of people.[/quote]

Since Libby has pretty much cleared up the case/joke debate - although IMO Libby is still too defensive, but that may just be playing style - and the fact other people are starting to get suspicious of Hoggy; make me a little less suspicious of Luggage; I still stand by the fact that I felt they were pulling their case out of thin air at that time - Hoggy's agreement with the false case could again be indication of playing style rather than anything else. But I will nonetheless [b]remove vote [/b]on The Luggage for now, since a)my case isn't as strong as when I made it, and B) it's unlikely Luggage will get lynched as of now. But I will still vote for Luggage if it has any result on a lynch, as I still suspect them.

I am wondering about those votes on Hoggy though. They're convenient enough to avoid the end of a lynch train whilst getting one underway if nothing else is forthcoming. That's certainly not enough to arouse my suspicions anywhere near a vote though.

I don't like Gytha Ogg's continued vagueness. Libby's pointing out that Oggy was around but not contributive adds to my suspicion of Oggy. I'd like to hear more from Oggy.

Esme's continued against DoR; I'm starting to buy it a bit more now, because of her consistency, but only a bit. It's still weak.

Offler and Rincewind are coming gradually onto suspect list for me too.

Dibbler strikes me as new rather than obviously guilty, so I'm not suspicious there.
I don't want to judge on Greebdo yet since the whole replacement thing.

That's basically all my theories for now. I've got to go.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405611' date='Jun 19 2008, 05.17']But I will nonetheless remove vote on The Luggage for now, since a)my case isn't as strong as when I made it, and B) it's unlikely Luggage will get lynched as of now. But I will still vote for Luggage if it has any result on a lynch, as I still suspect them.[/quote]

Can I ask what, exactly, it is that you find suspicious about the Luggage? I know you weren't big on his arguments in the discussion you were having and you felt his reason for voting for the Hogfather was a bit thin, but is there any more to it than this?

Since I've already said that I felt the Luggage's argument made sense and that I find the Hogfather suspicious, I'm obviously not well placed to appreciate your argument, but I'd still like to hear it in a little more detail.

[quote name='Soul Cake Duck' post='1405572' date='Jun 19 2008, 10.12']I think your case is good for day 1. I am ready to vote on her, but I am not sure if it is right time to gather a train. I'd prefer to keep pressure on Esme for now.[/quote]
And when is the right time to gather a train, with a train already forming on Hoggy? :rolleyes:
[quote]Care to tell why?[/quote]
Sure:
[quote name='Soul Cake Duck' post='1405492' date='Jun 19 2008, 07.42']The case on Blind Io is awful, being joke or or not. Still, something like that was needful at the moment.
The case on Death is slightly better. Sadly, it seems to be best thing we have for now.
The case on Death of Rats is awful too; moreover, it seems very artificial. It seems Esme failed to find something suspicious and so accused a person randomly for a very horrible reason. Well, we all do such things at times, but it's strange she insists on that "case".
All the rest is brutal pressure, not cases.
I am torn between voting Death or Esme. I'll decide in close future.[/quote]
You're just repeating the obvious. And:
[quote name='Soul Cake Duck' post='1405509' date='Jun 19 2008, 08.04'][b]Esme.[/b]
Generally, it's bad to lynch a top poster, but in this case ratio of content/number of post is far from impressing.[/quote]
You place your vote on a more obvious train among the two, since Death was no longer broadly suspected.

Plus, you don't post a lot.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405554' date='Jun 19 2008, 03.09']I'd like to point out something I've noticed about Nanny Ogg. Nanny Ogg has 9 posts in the non-RP phase, all of which are one-liners. Her posting times are as follows:

-15:47
-15:58
-16:15

-18:23

-19:21
-19:24

-20:36
-20:42

-21:23

Now, two among these are possibly flyby posts. But it's clear that Nanny Ogg:

-has constant Internet access during the day

-was present on-thread for some time during 3 periods

However, all she ever wrote were one-liners. :huh:

I honestly believe that there was more material to comment on and that Nanny could have wrote something more. So far, she fits into the CB by being unconfrontional. She is either a lurking evil or an innocent who has nothing to add. I wouldn't miss either. [b]Nanny Ogg[/b][/quote]

Constant internet access: sort of...as I am always signed on, but I have this thing called a life and I need to do a few things from time to time and can't sit in front of the computer 24/7 :P

So because I have the abilty to ask a question or state my opinion without being overly long winded I am a good lynch canidate? I think not.

As the game moves on and gets more complicated, it is not always easy or possible to express one's opinions with such brevity. You should enjoy it while it lasts. :)

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Blind Io, CMOT Dibbler, Cohen the Barbarian, Death, Death of Rats, Duck Man, Esme Weatherwax, Gatha Ogg, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes, The Hogfather, The Librarian, The Luggagge.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

3 votes for The Hogfather (The Luggagge, Blind Io, Death of Rats)
2 votes for Gatha Ogg (Duck Man, The Librarian)
1 vote for Blind Io (The Hogfather)
1 vote for CMOT Dibbler (Gatha Ogg)
1 vote for Death of Rats (Esme Weatherwax)
1 vote for Esme Weatherwax (Soul Cake Duck)
1 vote for Greebo (Death)
1 vote for The Librarian (CMOT Dibbler)

5 players have not voted: Cohen the Barbarian, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Stoneface Vimes.

You have 7.5 hours approx. for an exact timing plase see the link in my sig.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405611' date='Jun 19 2008, 12.17']Esme's continued against DoR; I'm starting to buy it a bit more now, because of her consistency, but only a bit. It's still weak.[/quote]
May I ask what are you starting to buy-Esme's argument or the argument against her? :huh:

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405559' date='Jun 19 2008, 03.28']Ok, here are Nanny's substantive posts(others are game mechanics and jokes):

This has initiated this response from Luggage:

...which I agree with. Then Nanny responds:

...which is quite a faulty argument. I mean, would you choose to vote someone you know was around and not participating or someone you are unsure of? Furthermore, Dibbler still had a chance to participate-it was early day 1. However, Nanny voted a player she was sure is absent.

I'd just like to add that I also don't find Dibbler overly suspicious. I can't see an evil player voting for night on day 1, since normally this is guaranteed to attract attention.[/quote]

I no longer find Dibble suspicious either. Let me point out a few things though: Dibbler did not say they were not going to be around; there were a lot of people lurking in the thread. As you have already pointed out, I popped in 3 different times...during those 3 times none of the 3 lowest posters were posting.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1405644' date='Jun 19 2008, 13.30']Constant internet access: sort of...as I am always signed on, but I have this thing called a life and I need to do a few things from time to time and can't sit in front of the computer 24/7 :P[/quote]
Please. If you're constantly signed on, you could have provided us with more than 10 one-liners.
[quote]So because I have the abilty to ask a question or state my opinion without being overly long winded I am a good lynch canidate? I think not.[/quote]
Yeah, you have stated your opinion on everything that has happened in the game so far with an agression every player would be proud of. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1405648' date='Jun 19 2008, 13.33']I no longer find Dibble suspicious either. Let me point out a few things though: Dibbler did not say they were not going to be around; there were a lot of people lurking in the thread. As you have already pointed out, I popped in 3 different times...during those 3 times none of the 3 lowest posters were posting.[/quote]
Cool. Why didn't you choose a player you were sure was present, then, instead of going for one that probably wasn't?

What you've posted is not a defense or a justification, or an explaination for your motives-it's just stating the obvious. Your vote is still lazy and too convenient.

Mind sharing your suspects now?

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405651' date='Jun 19 2008, 07.36']Please. If you're constantly signed on, you could have provided us with more than 10 one-liners.

Yeah, you have stated your opinion on everything that has happened in the game so far with an agression every player would be proud of. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Signed on is not the same as being in the thread. I work. yes, and the actually expect results from me. I have a family sthat also like to have attention.

Nice that you try to build a case when I clearly state I won't be around to answer it.

[b]Remove vote.[/b]

I have finally caught up and will post my thoughts on everyone shortly.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405642' date='Jun 19 2008, 07.28']And when is the right time to gather a train, with a train already forming on Hoggy? :rolleyes:[/quote]Last six hours will do.
Hoggy train is hopelessly dead, due to your defence. I highly doubt we will lynch him.

[quote]You're just repeating the obvious.[/quote]What? If suspecting Esme of faking her case deliberately is obvious, why nobody else mentioned this?

[quote]You vote a more obvious train among the two, since Death was no longer broadly
suspected.[/quote]Esme isn't even narrowly suspected. Does voting for a person who has no train at all fit CB profile, in your opinion?

[quote name='Greebo' post='1405608' date='Jun 19 2008, 12.09']My name is Greebo, but otherwise the turtle is right.

* sentence that everyone hates *

Please give me some time to catch up with the thread.[/quote]
As a librarian, I am always amused by these so-called slow readers.

Greebo is still on the suspect list-I haven't forgotten Death's [s]remark[/s] banana earlier that I happen to agree with.

Duck man, Offler....wtf? Post, people, post! I'll say that I find Offler more suspicious among the two, since he was actuall around and non-contributive, but the Duck man also has to do his share of playing unless he wants the train to land on him suddenly. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1405440' date='Jun 19 2008, 00.50']I also got a bad feeling from Duck Man's first post. Just seemed like he hadn't even read the thread. He makes this statement
about ducks, which seems like a joke. But doesn't comment on anything else thats going on.[/quote]
Eh, it was a first post that was the last thing at night for me. I had read the thread, but it was a skim really.
I wanted to do a little bit of RP for my first post, and to cast a vote to bring in some people who hadn't been mentioned much far to make up for my delay in posting.

I'm sticking with Nanny Ogg. I like factual arguments.

[quote name='Soul Cake Duck' post='1405663' date='Jun 19 2008, 13.43']Last six hours will do.
Hoggy train is hopelessly dead, due to your defence. I highly doubt we will lynch him.[/quote]
I'd be glad if it was, but he still has the most votes.
[quote]What? If suspecting Esme of faking her case deliberately is obvious, why nobody else mentioned this?[/quote]
Excuse me irf you were indeed the first one to mention it. I thought it was already pointed out by the time you've made your argument.
[quote]Esme isn't even narrowly suspected. Does voting for a person who has no train at all fit CB profile, in your opinion?[/quote]
Yes. First of all, I can easily see a train forming on her if I wasn't around. Second, what if your vote was wasted? I fail to see how this escapes CB.

[quote name='Duck Man' post='1405671' date='Jun 19 2008, 13.50']I'm sticking with Nanny Ogg. I like factual arguments.[/quote]
Would you like to add something to these, then?

And how do you feel about Esme, Hoggy and Death?

[quote name='Librarian' post='1405673' date='Jun 19 2008, 07.52']I'd be glad if it was, but he still has the most votes.[/quote]
To be clear: you suspect me because I did nothing to prevent lynch of Hoggy? Who is in the middle of my suspect list?
[quote]Yes. First of all, I can easily see a train forming on her if I wasn't around. Second, what if your vote was wasted? I fail to see how this escapes CB.[/quote]It's of no importance would it be wasted or not.
Being first to accuse top-posting player - it's confrontational, isn't it?

Leaving for a hour.

I have read the whoe thread, but I am only a little wiser. The Orang-Utan and Esme gave me a rather good impression. Cohen's last post is also giving me good vibes.

It's hard to point at the suspects though. Librarian has made a rather good point against the fat witch. Offler is almost refusing to participate, but then there are too many low profile posters that I have a nil read of..

Death of Rats reaction to Esme's attack has been a bit overdefensive IMO.

Soul Cake Duck is at least tyring to advance our situation.

And that's it. I will vote [b]Gytha Ogg[/b] and try to have a little sex in the meanwhile.

kittykittykittykitty

Archived