AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

I read Libby's post as serious. It didn't have a joking tone to me. That's why I asked Libby to qualify.

I reread Esme's post. She does have a point that you appeared to be middle of the roading it, but your explaination is sufficiant to put that to rest IMHO.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405289' date='Jun 18 2008, 22.00']Just like you, I'm very bothered by the person who has voted me. Esme.[/quote]

Why is that?

[quote name='Blind Io']I reread Esme's post. She does have a point that you appeared to be middle of the roading it, but your explaination is sufficiant to put that to rest IMHO.[/quote]

Can you explain why?

I'm kind of surprised that I'm the only one who sees a problem here. Librarian made a case on Blind Io. He said it was serious in the post where he made the case. Then he asked DR what he thought of BI. DR responded with a middle of the road answer. And then when I called him on it, he said there wasn't anything to talk about related to BI. He said he thought Librarian's case was a joke.

How does that make sense? Librarian makes a case on BI, says the case is serious, asks DR to comment on BI, and from that DR somehow concludes that Librarian [u]doesn't[/u] want him to comment on the specific points in his case on BI? I don't understand what led him to that conclusion.

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1405260' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.47']we shouldn't lynch because it will give us an extra day at the end of the game, when we will need it more.[/quote]

In addition to what others have said, one other reason why we should lynch now is because the information gained from the process of lynching is valuable. You can see how people interact, who defends each other, who is afraid to offend people, how people react to pressure. That information at the start is really important.

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1405355' date='Jun 18 2008, 22.45']I'm kind of surprised that I'm the only one who sees a problem here. Librarian made a case on Blind Io. He said it was serious in the post where he made the case. Then he asked DR what he thought of BI. DR responded with a middle of the road answer. And then when I called him on it, he said there wasn't anything to talk about related to BI. He said he thought Librarian's case was a joke.

How does that make sense? Librarian makes a case on BI, says the case is serious, asks DR to comment on BI, and from that DR somehow concludes that Librarian [u]doesn't[/u] want him to comment on the specific points in his case on BI? I don't understand what led him to that conclusion.[/quote]

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404455' date='Jun 18 2008, 13.42']First of all, he explained someting I've already explained 3 minutes before. That certainly is more than he needed to write such a short post. There was even a reply before mine, although tehnically not explaining the issue. However, it looks like trying to blend in to me.

Second, why on earth would we want to read an old Mafia game right now? Not a sure indication of guilt, of course, but it's a little bit off.

I have found nothing as suspicious in the game so far. [b]Blind Io[/b][/quote]

I'm surprised I'm the only one who thought this was a joke. He's voting someone for out-posting him on irrelevant information and also for recommending that we look at a game. How do you take something like that seriously?

And you said I was in the median because I didn't say we should lynch someone for these comments. Seriously, are you that desperate for a lynch?

And he never said the case was serious, he just said he was cutting out the RP and quite clearly made joking posts afterwards.

EDIT: And I've already addressed the possibility that he WAS serious and in such case has terrible logic earlier.

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1405355' date='Jun 19 2008, 04.45']Can you explain why?

I'm kind of surprised that I'm the only one who sees a problem here. Librarian made a case on Blind Io. He said it was serious in the post where he made the case. Then he asked DR what he thought of BI. DR responded with a middle of the road answer. And then when I called him on it, he said there wasn't anything to talk about related to BI. He said he thought Librarian's case was a joke.

How does that make sense? Librarian makes a case on BI, says the case is serious, asks DR to comment on BI, and from that DR somehow concludes that Librarian [u]doesn't[/u] want him to comment on the specific points in his case on BI? I don't understand what led him to that conclusion.[/quote]
Can I explain why [i]I[/i] found his explaination sufficiant?

He said
[quote]I thought it was pretty obvious this was a joke vote by Libby.

If not, that is the worst FoS reason I've ever seen.[/quote]

then says
[quote]Really? You don't see the joke in a seemingly levelheaded person voting somebody because they cross-posted them and recommend we read an older game. Really? Ok, I will go on record right now saying I [u]do not find this suspicious[/u].[/quote]

He says he thought it a joke. Then says it is the worst FOS reason for a vote he'd ever seen. In a later post he goes on the record. He clearly took a stance.

Combined with my knowledge of why I wrote my post, it sufficiently corrects his middle of the roading for me. If it doesn't for you, fine.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405383' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.09']I'm surprised I'm the only one who thought this was a joke. He's voting someone for out-posting him on irrelevant information and also for recommending that we look at a game. How do you take something like that seriously?[/quote]

Because he said it was serious? Also, it was the first case of the game. I'm not sure what you expected, but first cases usually aren't very good. They are usually designed to get discussion going.

I guess I just don't understand how you went from thinking the case was bad to thinking it was a joke, when he said it was time to get serious.

[quote]And you said I was in the median because I didn't say we should lynch someone for these comments. Seriously, are you that desperate for a lynch?[/quote]

No, thats not what I said. I said you were middle of the road for not having an opinion. I didn't say you had to agree with the case, you could have easily disagreed with it. Any firm opinion would have been fine. Instead, you said this:

[quote name='DR']Well, I'm not going to defend him. I'm not going to vote him yet either though.

EDIT: Not that there's anything to defend...[/quote]

You don't see how that is middle of the road?

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1405391' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.15']Because he said it was serious? Also, it was the first case of the game. I'm not sure what you expected, but first cases usually aren't very good. They are usually designed to get discussion going.[/quote]

Ok, just quote for me where Libby said "everything I say from now on will be serious" or some variation and I'll hang myself.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405386' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.10']EDIT: And I've already addressed the possibility that he WAS serious and in such case has terrible logic earlier.[/quote]

That really doesn't matter though, because it came after I called you out for being middle of the road.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405396' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.17']Ok, just quote for me where Libby said "everything I say from now on will be serious" or some variation and I'll hang myself.[/quote]

He says this:

[quote name='Librarian']Okay, RP was fun, now let's cut for the chase:

I have found nothing as suspicious in the game so far. [b]Blind Io[/b][/quote]

And then he asks you to comment on BI.

[quote name='Librarian to DR']what do you think about Blind Io?[/quote]

Why would he push that suspect if he wasn't being serious about his case and at least trying to stir the pot?

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1405400' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.22']Why would he push that suspect if he wasn't being serious about his case and at least trying to stir the pot?[/quote]

(edited for unnecessarily rude remarks)

(and again to correct the post following the edit)

I've already told you why he would push it, I thought it was a joke... which is why you got so uppity about this in the first place...

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1405390' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.13']He says he thought it a joke.[/quote]

In spite of Lib saying it was time to get serious before posting the case.

[quote]Then says it is the worst FOS reason for a vote he'd ever seen.[/quote]

It shouldn't matter if it was a bad case. Lib asked him to comment on you, and Lib had made a case on you. DR responded that there was nothing to talk about with regard to you, just ignoring the case. Why not say that he didn't like the case if he thought it was bad? Yeah I know he says he thought the case was a joke but I don't think that makes sense given the surrounding information.

[quote]In a later post he goes on the record. He clearly took a stance.[/quote]

He had to take a stance after being called on being middle of the road. What else would he do?

Anyway this is just going around in circles. I'm just surprised that nobody else sees what I'm talking about here.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405411' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.31']You're just dragging this argument around in circles, either you believe me or not, and I've already addressed your original question since.[/quote]

Not everything is being addressed to you, you are just responding to it all. I'm asking other people their thoughts on this too. I agree that our conversation is going around in circles, but I still want to hear what others have to say about it.

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1405421' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.35']Not everything is being addressed to you, you are just responding to it all. I'm asking other people their thoughts on this too. I agree that our conversation is going around in circles, but I still want to hear what others have to say about it.[/quote]

Unfortunately I'm the only person here that's posting.

Who do you find suspicious besides me?

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405426' date='Jun 18 2008, 23.38']Unfortunately I'm the only person here that's posting.

Who do you find suspicious besides me?[/quote]

Was just about to point out that the Offler is playing a safe game so far. Here are his 2 after RP posts.

[quote name='Offler']Just a single check in post. I need buy milk and Oreo cookies from the store.

IMO no one sticks out right now. I would like to see what Duckman and The Luggage have to say.[/quote]

I hate check-in posts, because it shows that the player is concerned about keeping up appearances. Too much attention to what others might think of him.

I also don't like his conclusion that nobody sticks out. There were a few conversations going on at that time, and he could have at least commented on one.

And then he says he wants to hear from the people who hadn't posted yet. Very safe thing for him to say. Its as if he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and wants to see which way the wind blows before he commits to anything.

He follows that with this:

[quote name='Offler']Gytha Ogg, you want to wack three people at one time? This seems like you are anxious to kill off every body, and comes off suspicious. I will remain holding onto an open vote for now. I will be keeping an eye on you.[/quote]

I don't like the middle of the road statement that he will not place a vote for now, but will keep an eye on Gytha Ogg. Why so careful with his vote?

I also got a bad feeling from Duck Man's first post. Just seemed like he hadn't even read the thread. He makes this statement

[quote name='Duck Man']I fail to see why [b]Gytha Ogg[/b] is bringing ducks into the proceedings. Clearly something dodgy afoot.[/quote]

about ducks, which seems like a joke. But doesn't comment on anything else thats going on.

I am a bit surprised you missed this since you take a strong stance against perceived middle of the roading.

[quote name='Greedo']Please share my what? :P

I think Death's over-defensive post is the only thing that seems mildly suspicious thus far.

And I think Gytha's innnuendo is, uh, unfortunate. ;)

A bit busy, atm. Be back in a few hours, I hope.[/quote]

Archived