Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Ten of Hearts' post='1632373' date='Dec 28 2008, 21.57']Jack.

He seems to be overplaying the noob card, mentioning it a lot etc.
Not only that, but if this rhyming thing is a scum role, its a fairly decent way to get through a day without letting anything suspicious slip, and not saying massively much, and I could see another scum using it on him to try and stop him slipping up, since if he is a noob, he'd be the most likely member of scum to do so.[/quote]
And who else?

The low posters.
I think if I had to choose, probably two most of all. Looking over his posts hes had one that comes close to contribution.

Fours down playing of the rhyming thing:

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1632136' date='Dec 28 2008, 15.23']Most likely, some innocent newbie just tries to have fun. We have seen almost same in one of recent games.
Or somebody badly needs this rhyming thing to activate some power and chose Jack and Five as... well, not particularly useful memebers of our team.[/quote]

Seems a bit odd aswell. Yes, he could be right, but im not sure we should just ignore anything like that.

For King.

9, out of the 3 RLP's (that's "really low posters") you are the one who bothers me the least. However, let's talk about this post.
[quote name='Nine of Clubs' post='1632153' date='Dec 28 2008, 11.45']From the people who I have seen, I don't see many as guilty. Everything seems to pretty normal, and there isn't much scummy behaviour. But, those who I've had a look at.

7- He does look pretty innocent, but there is still an outside chance that he is a very cunning FM and has tricked us all. But atm, he looks innocent.

Jack- He does look like a noob, but still would rank pretty high on my list. FMs can be noobs and they can panic and make mistakes. I'm not sure what to make of the rhyming directed towards him, but I'd rank him more suspicious than most.

8- You look innocent, and would probably be towards the bottom of my list. You don't seem to have any FM traits or tendencies. I won't be voting you for the moment anyway.

3- Hasn't posted much, but, hell, I can't say much. No opinion.

2- Pretty much the same, but I'd maybe lean towards a little more suspicious activity when posting, whenever he [i]is[/i] on.

5- I've had a look at 5, and I think he looks innocent as well. Just doesn't really look like an FM, and I've yet to see a case against him, and I haven't seen anything that would cause me to make one.

That's all for the moment.[/quote](Love the effort, really I do.)

Out of the 10 remaining people, you have listed 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, Jack. That's six. We can take out yourself, which you're not expected to do, and King. That leaves 2 people. 4 and 10.

So you have no opinions about 4 and 10? You have no opinion about 3, yet you listed him.

You took the time to reread 6 people but not the last 2? 4 only has 19 posts, and 10 has 28. How long would it take to reread 47 posts?

Now remember my post that said most FM don't make these kinds of lists because they are hard to do (and FM are lazy) and they usually sound false? That kinda sounds like what is happening here.

Next time you are playing with us, please answer these questions:
1. What do you think of 4.
2. What do you think of 10.
3. Why did you list 3, but not 4 and 10
4. What about 8 puts him on your "nice" list?

Ok, Three wasn't too difficult to reread:

First two posts were RP, one of them containing a vote on King.

[quote name='Three of Diamonds' post='1631517' date='Dec 27 2008, 20.40']Sorry for my absence yesterday. Had some minor RL issues and decided time would be better spent trying to cheer up a friend. (For those of you that haven't seen it yet, Benjamin Button is a great movie.)

I have no opinion on Jack voting for night. It seemed like a noobish slip, and it doesn't indicate either innocence or FMness imo. Queen jumping on him seemed much more suspicious. If she had continued to insist that it was an scummy move rather than saying it was just a vote for pressure, I'd feel better about it. I'd vote now, but I believe Queen's at L-1, so I'd rather not be hasty.

If there's a finder of any sort, I'd take a look at King.[/quote]
Explains his absence, and manages to explain in a logic way why he thinks that Jack's slip is not that suspicious, but Queen's vote is more doubtful.

In post # 4 he answers to a post of mine:

[quote name='Three of Diamonds' post='1631612' date='Dec 27 2008, 22.33']Just wanted to say that I think this is perfectly acceptable. Selfish, yes, but fine.

I've got a better question for you: why [i]shouldn't[/i] we be lynching Queen? Being suspicious is slightly more lynch-worthy than being useless, I'm afraid, and we shouldn't count out a player CF anyhow.[/quote]
The first part is a reaction to revealing my motives for using my role. Btw, it would have been even more useful if the mods had posted the extension when I sent them my action - and not shortly before the day ended. :tantrum:

The second part responds to my question why Queen was still on the block. He hasn't voted for Queen himself, but still held an RP vote on me.

And the last post:
[quote name='Three of Diamonds' post='1631642' date='Dec 27 2008, 23.07']Are you sure about this? The mystery vote roles we've had before have been more along the lines of "Aaaaaand, I'll throw an anonymous vote on his guy just because" rather than Votex2.[/quote]

I guess Seven would say that Nine might have an alibi to post rarely, but Three looks like he is holding back. He has proven that he knows what he is doing and what is going on, but beside some small comments he decided to stay quiet. Not amusing and definitely suspicious.

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1632382' date='Dec 28 2008, 21.08']For King.

9, out of the 3 RLP's (that's "really low posters") you are the one who bothers me the least. However, let's talk about this post.
(Love the effort, really I do.)

Out of the 10 remaining people, you have listed 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, Jack. That's six. We can take out yourself, which you're not expected to do, and King. That leaves 2 people. 4 and 10.

So you have no opinions about 4 and 10? You have no opinion about 3, yet you listed him.

You took the time to reread 6 people but not the last 2? 4 only has 19 posts, and 10 has 28. How long would it take to reread 47 posts?

Now remember my post that said most FM don't make these kinds of lists because they are hard to do (and FM are lazy) and they usually sound false? That kinda sounds like what is happening here.

Next time you are playing with us, please answer these questions:
1. What do you think of 4.
2. What do you think of 10.
3. Why did you list 3, but not 4 and 10
4. What about 8 puts him on your "nice" list?[/quote]

Why do we take out king?

Surely we're going for the "Why doesnt he mention XXX" Now, he doesnt mention me 4, king, 6 etc. Not mentioning people is suspicious.

Of the remaining, thats me, 4, king.

Why do we ignore king?

[quote name='Ten of Hearts' post='1632388' date='Dec 28 2008, 21.14']Why do we take out king?

Surely we're going for the "Why doesnt he mention XXX" Now, he doesnt mention me 4, king, 6 etc. Not mentioning people is suspicious.

Why do we ignore king?[/quote]

Nine voted for King and said he found him the most suspicious. It was in Nine's previous post.

[quote name='Ten of Hearts' post='1632388' date='Dec 28 2008, 17.14']Why do we take out king?

Why do we ignore king?[/quote]
[i]We[/i] don't.

But I am not bothered by 9 leaving out King... I already know how he feels about him... He voted for him yesterday and again today (as the go ahead vote, no less.)

You feel free to question him as to why he left out King. I thought it was pretty obivious. (8 asked how he felt about other players besides King)

Finally, let's have a look at Two:

First post he tells us goodnight and leaves.

Second post is an RP vote on Ten.

Third post has already ben discussed;

[quote name='Two of Hearts' post='1631131' date='Dec 27 2008, 05.15']I need my beauty sleep, so I'm off. I think Jack looks like a noob, but not a killer; no one looks very guilty at all right now.
Just in case I can't be back before the day ends, [b]remove vote[/b].[/quote]
Removing his vote sounds fishy. OTOH I wonder if a killer would state that bluntly that he has no suspects.

Post # 6:

[quote name='Two of Hearts' post='1631480' date='Dec 27 2008, 19.35']Uhhh... because I want discussion to continue as long as it can?

Neither of them looks particularly guilty. They seem to be two players trying to find the FM, and not trusting each other. I do think 6 comes out of the exchange looking better, however I think they are both probably innocent.

4, 7, and 5 are, in my eyes, the most innocent.

Most likely, from my POV, is a King/9 team. King's vote for 9 is random, especially considering his previous staying in the middle of the road. I will vote for [b]Nine of Clubs[/b], and we can see if King moves his vote.[/quote]

Shares my reasoning that both Queen and Six are probably innocent. His vote for me doesn't make sense. Why not voting for me?

Next two posts are about my reveal.

Final post:

[quote name='Two of Hearts' post='1631589' date='Dec 27 2008, 22.08']Oh, these [i]are[/i] some interesting roles. This will be a fun game.

I do think the role reveal makes King look less guilty.

If it wasn't an extra vote, then 4, 5, 6, 7, and Jack are cleared of the mystery vote.[/quote]
Plans to have fun, after all, so he should come back. :P

Thinks that I am less guilty after role revealing. unfortunatly, now he has no suspects left at all.

It is day 2.

10 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for King of Clubs (Ten of Hearts, Nine of Clubs, Jack of Diamonds)
3 votes for Two of Hearts (Five of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Eight of Spades)
1 vote for Nine of Clubs (King of Clubs)

3 players have not voted: Four of Spades, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1632400' date='Dec 28 2008, 17.28']Ok, if Nine is a no-go for today, I'd still prefer [b]Three [/b]over Two. Looks like the more dangerous of the two. Even if we don't lynch him today, he has a lot to explain when he returns.[/quote]
Define more dangerous.

I agree that he needs to do some talking.

eta: I'll reread 2 and 3 again.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1632383' date='Dec 28 2008, 21.12']I guess Seven would say that Nine might have an alibi to post rarely, but Three looks like he is holding back. He has proven that he knows what he is doing and what is going on, but beside some small comments he decided to stay quiet. Not amusing and definitely suspicious.[/quote]
Heres the quote.

ETA: Im off for a bit. Back later.

Rereading 2 and 3, I get the following impression.

3 is player who understands the game; he could contribute if he actually wanted to.

2 just doesn't seem to care.

Argument:
If 3 is a baddie, he is more dangerous than 2. He understands the game more and could do more damage.

Counter argument:
If 3 is a good guy, he is a better choice to keep around.

My postition... I'd rather have 3 around -- even if he is doing damage -- because he could actually play. 2 is so much more the deadwood here.

Don't get me wrong; I'd vote 3 if we need a lynch at end of day. Right now I am happier keeping my vote on 2.

eta:
Hmmm. That just sounds weird, doesn't it.

Three has until the end of day to actually show up and be useful. If he doesn't, I'll have to reassess whether I'd really rather have him around instead of 2.

Speak of the devil, eh?

[quote name='Eight of Spades' post='1632138' date='Dec 28 2008, 11.26']Nine, Three and Two are our lowest posters. If they don't start contributing, we pretty much have to lynch one of them, no matter how much some of us may want to lynch King.[/quote]
I agree with this, though I'd appreciate it if you didn't lynch me. The nightkill makes me feel wary about lynching King since it seems to encourage it. That, and this is a non-CF game, and while there is likely a player CF, it still seems weird that no one's jumping to King's defense.
[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1632246' date='Dec 28 2008, 13.48']But this in post he is clearly talking out of his ass.

I mean, dude, by it's very nature an anonymous vote means no one knows where it comes from.[/quote]
That post was a question; I can hardly be talking out of my ass if I wanted clarification. It seemed to me like they were saying that the anonymous vote functions so that a player's vote basically counts as two votes. I've always thought that anonymous votes were independent of where the player's vote is placed.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1632383' date='Dec 28 2008, 17.12']I guess Seven would say that Nine might have an alibi to post rarely, but Three looks like he is holding back. He has proven that he knows what he is doing and what is going on, but beside some small comments he decided to stay quiet. Not amusing and definitely suspicious.[/quote]
I figure the mods never announced it since I jumped in early and the original never posted, but I am a replacement. Time is not really something I have tons of, though I've got to admit that I thought I'd manage to be quite a bit more active than this.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1632363' date='Dec 28 2008, 15.48']Just to get this straight:

1) you did already know that you were responsible for the rhyming when the day began?

2) so you did lie to us when you said that you had no clue about what happened?

3) and you had no clue that the next best player quoting you would be forced to post in rhymes like you?[/quote]

1)
Mod instructions to post in rhyme
were sent to me during night time

2)
I sent mail asking reason why,
"your role today" was mod's reply.
But this did not reach me for a little while,
I had already posted my denial.
I followed up as soon as I knew
To share my knowledge with all of you.

3)
The short word yes