Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

I see no reason why Jack should not reveal his role, if he's not the finder. Especially the "your todays role" part worries me which somehow implies that he has a different role today than yesterday. I also still have problems to see a role that is able to infect two other roles with a massive post restriction. Something about this smells fishy. Either he told us the truth, or he lied to us in the beginning and changed his approach after others were questioning the fact that of all Jack was chosen to rhyme (not Seven) and that only Five got also infected.

Finally, if the FM should decide to kill Jack because of a role reveal, we have one suspect less in the pool but possibly a living proven vig. And a living finder.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1633215' date='Dec 29 2008, 15.50']I see no reason why Jack should not reveal his role, if he's not the finder. Especially the "your todays role" part worries me which somehow implies that he has a different role today than yesterday. I also still have problems to see a role that is able to infect two other roles with a massive post restriction. Something about this smells fishy. Either he told us the truth, or he lied to us in the beginning and changed his approach after others were questioning the fact that of all Jack was chosen to rhyme (not Seven) and that only Five got also infected.

Finally, if the FM should decide to kill Jack because of a role reveal, we have one suspect less in the pool but possibly a living proven vig. And a living finder.[/quote]

I explained earlier (in rhyme) that I received mod instructions during the night to rhyme on day 2, but no explanation why. I did not know it was role-linked until the mod responded to my question early in day 2. Until then, I assumed it was a night action by another player - which I think is plain in my first couple of posts on day 2.

It was never mentioned to me that my rhyming curse was contagious to others. We only have Five's word for that. By looking back at posts, I noticed that Five was the first to post after my first rhyme post and, in fact, responded to and quoted my first rhyme post. I proposed that might be why he was affected. But, again, I never received any information from the mod that my rhyming would affect another. I assume Five is being truthful (he didn't seem to be faking it) about the instructions he received from the mode.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1633202' date='Dec 29 2008, 21.34']Edit: Have you read my recent posts? I posted (in response to five) to explain in plain language what happened with my role and the rhyming.[/quote]
You only repeated what you told us before. We still don't know what the rhyming has to do with your role - you don't lokk very different than yesterday, and no other magic things did happen (okay, you did probably transform Four into a brainless killing machine). So, if the killing has something to do with your role, and it is passive, why did it happen today and not on any other day?

And folks, perhaps I am flailing about because my time is running out? Should I better wait to be shot by a not-so-clever vig/FM in silence? :bang:

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1633215' date='Dec 29 2008, 15.50']I see no reason why Jack should not reveal his role, if he's not the finder.[/quote]

Again, your motives seem suspect right now. Unless I hear some others echo this request, I am not inclined to give the FM any more information than necessary.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1633230' date='Dec 29 2008, 22.02']It was never mentioned to me that my rhyming curse was contagious to others. We only have Five's word for that. By looking back at posts, I noticed that Five was the first to post after my first rhyme post and, in fact, responded to and quoted my first rhyme post. I proposed that might be why he was affected. But, again, I never received any information from the mod that my rhyming would affect another. I assume Five is being truthful (he didn't seem to be faking it) about the instructions he received from the mode.[/quote]

I promise you. I would never fake something as stupid as rhyming all day. I hated every minute of it and would never self inflict myself with that kind of torture.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1633235' date='Dec 29 2008, 22.04']Again, your motives seem suspect right now. Unless I hear some others echo this request, I am not inclined to give the FM any more information than necessary.[/quote]
Ok, so can you tell us at least that you still have the same role as on day 1?

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1633231' date='Dec 29 2008, 16.02']You only repeated what you told us before. We still don't know what the rhyming has to do with your role - you don't lokk very different than yesterday, and no other magic things did happen (okay, you did probably transform Four into a brainless killing machine). So, if the killing has something to do with your role, and it is passive, why did it happen today and not on any other day?

And folks, perhaps I am flailing about because my time is running out? Should I better wait to be shot by a not-so-clever vig/FM in silence? :bang:[/quote]

*exerting massive patience* The mod did not provide any descriptive text around my need to rhyme. I only received an instruction. I have said this several times.

I could share all I know about my role, which might shed a little more light, but I don't feel inclined to satisfy your request. I would be happy to satisfy a request if it is endorsed by more people. More than FMs+symp could account for.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1633179' date='Dec 29 2008, 21.16']Four, in case your dead body should be CI tomorrow:

what do you think of

a) the timing of a finder reveal?

b) the timing of a full role reveal?

c) likely partners of Ten?[/quote]
a) It's up to the finder. Most finders do reveal exactly after having one guilty result. Generally, I disapprove this, since CIing people is often better than catching a guilty. It differs. I'd prefer finder not to reveal until feeling great danger of being nigh killed... or lynched.
b)Well, main point about balancing all-roled game is to ensure that full reveal won't help either side to win at any moment. I really hope our good mods counted on this, so full reveal isn't relevant.
c) Anybody. For this moment, I tend to think evil team was Queen-Jack-you. If it's wrong, alive players would need a lot of analysis to make.

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1633242' date='Dec 29 2008, 22.10']c) Anybody. For this moment, I tend to think evil team was Queen-Jack-you. If it's wrong, alive players would need a lot of analysis to make.[/quote]

:rofl:

Sorry man, but there are only two evil players.

Let's break it down:

D 1: lynch inno
N 1: kill inno

D 2: lynch inno
N 2: FM kill vig; vig kills inno

D 3: 7 players left, 3 of them evil

Are you FUCKING SERIOUS?????????????????????

There are only two evil players.

When I'm dead you will see that the game will still continue. Then you have the proof that one of Queen and me has to be innocent. Then you might ask yourself why an evil King would have defended an innocent Queen. You may try to find an answer, but the logical answer is: he probably wouldn't.

My personal bet of the FM team is

10 and one of 2, 3 or 9

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1633242' date='Dec 29 2008, 17.10']a) It's up to the finder. Most finders do reveal exactly after having one guilty result. Generally, I disapprove this, since CIing people is often better than catching a guilty. It differs. I'd prefer finder not to reveal until feeling great danger of being nigh killed... or lynched.
b)Well, main point about balancing all-roled game is to ensure that full reveal won't help either side to win at any moment. I really hope our good mods counted on this, so full reveal isn't relevant.
c) Anybody. For this moment, I tend to think evil team was Queen-Jack-you. If it's wrong, alive players would need a lot of analysis to make.[/quote]
A) I have never heard this before... I kinda like it.
B) Lany Mod made no promises about balance. Just saying
C.) Why would Jack have made the "go ahead" vote on Q (vote 5 of 8) if they were partnered. Especially in a non CF game. Also If it is a 3 member team, which one is the symp? Or do you think we have 3 FM?

I think HT6 had the mystery vote. Or it was a day one power only.

5 was infected with rhyming because he quoted that post by Jack, or said he was glad it wasn't him, or through some other interaction with Jack... clearly Jack didn't do it on purpose.

I wish people with night actions would use provisionals.

As far as number of players, I would hope we only have 2 baddies. But K, we have to think like we have 3.

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1633108' date='Dec 29 2008, 14.03']And Two was....

[mods please tell][/quote]
Fat Belwas

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1633140' date='Dec 29 2008, 14.34']And, Tachion - EMPTY YOUR MAILBOX, you mod!![/quote]

It's empty. Sorry about that...Holding sleeping babies is awesome. I miss it.

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1633357' date='Dec 30 2008, 00.04']Day ended at 13.04

It is now 19.04

Just 2 more hours.

Perhaps we won't have a night kill at all...[/quote]
Sure.

*pats Seven's back, sits him on a chair next to the window and shows him some lovely twitching birds outside on an apple tree*

Sure.

Archived