Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1632452' date='Dec 28 2008, 23.40']I'll reread 10 for you if you reread 8 for me.[/quote]
I alreaydy did reread 10 myself, cheater. However, Eight is the one beside Five that I haven't reread yet. Will do this tomorrow.

It is day 2.

10 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for King of Clubs (Ten of Hearts, Nine of Clubs, Jack of Diamonds)
3 votes for Two of Hearts (Five of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Eight of Spades)
1 vote for Three of Diamonds (King of Clubs)

3 players have not voted: Four of Spades, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

I'm not sure I'll be around any more tonight, but hopefully Lany will be around later to answer queries etc.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1632443' date='Dec 28 2008, 22.31']1)
Mod instructions to post in rhyme
were sent to me during night time

2)
I sent mail asking reason why,
"your role today" was mod's reply.
But this did not reach me for a little while,
I had already posted my denial.
I followed up as soon as I knew
To share my knowledge with all of you.

3)
The short word yes
answers this best.[/quote]

Did you have a different role yesterday, then?

Bit of joking RP beginning of Day one.
Pulls Jack up on the night thing. Doesnt vote him though.

[quote name='Eight of Spades' post='1631224' date='Dec 27 2008, 09.53'][b]King of clubs[/b] seems to be getting away with being wishy washy because of the exchange between Queen and six.

I agree that Queen looks suspicious because of a) jumping on the rubbish Jack lynch, b) contradictions (saying that Jack is and isn't likely to be a killer) and c) getting very overdefensive about it. It's be happy to vote for Queen.[/quote]

Attacks King for being wishy washy. Also suspects Queen.

[quote name='Eight of Spades' post='1631287' date='Dec 27 2008, 12.35']If the finder thinks that, then the finder should investigate Queenie, not me. If Queenie comes up innocent, then that argument holds no weight. But if I come up innocent, I could be Queenie's symp. More info is gained from finding Queenie.

The finder is welcome to look at me if they want, though.[/quote]

Is against being found on. Fair enough for an inno, since if you're inno you'd know its a waste of a find.

[quote name='Eight of Spades' post='1631499' date='Dec 27 2008, 19.06']It does look like King's power was to extend the day. Unless something else comes up to discredit this, this is what i'll be assuming. I'd like King to clarify this, though.

1) I hope that this was not a 1-off power, else it was wasted on day 1. We really don't need another 4 hours of discussion on day 1, but it might be useful later. I'm assuming that it isn't a 1-off power, as that would be pretty weak.

2) At the time King stated the power was used, the vote count looked like this:

So the vote was:

4 votes for Queen of Spades (Seven of Diamonds, Six of Hearts, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds)
1 vote for King of Clubs (Three of Diamonds)
1 vote for Six of Hearts (Queen of Spades)
1 vote for Ten of Hearts (Eight of Spades)
1 vote for Three of Diamonds (Five of Clubs)
1 vote for Nine of Clubs (King of Clubs)

At this point, Queenie was by far the most likely lynch. The longer the day, the more likely it would have switched to someone else.

The first and most obvious thing that comes to mind is that King is protecting Queenie. King hasn't voted for Queenie, and defends Queenie [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=33030&st=100&p=1631253&#entry1631253"]here[/url]. King also want us to lynch a low poster [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=33030&st=100&p=1631255&#entry1631255"]here[/url] - i.e. not Queenie. So another defense. This all makes me want to vote for Queenie.

The second, and slightly less obvious thing that comes to mind is that extending the day did not help King, as King was one of the most likely non-Queenie lynches. So if King is linked to Queenie, it's probably as a symp, IMO.

In conclusion, I think we should lynch Queenie today. I would like a second opinion about all this, though, before we drop the hammer.

ETA: And we obviously have plenty of time. I'll be around for most of the rest of the day.

ETA2: Updated the vote count to add Jack's vote for Queenie.[/quote]

Attacks King again, on account of the defense of Queen.

[quote name='Eight of Spades' post='1631741' date='Dec 27 2008, 23.52']All of those are possible. Why don't you look for some?

Anyway, i'm getting bored, and it doesn't look like [b]Queen of Spades[/b] is going to show.

Night all.[/quote]
Hammers Queens. Saying he's bored. Now he later says that he didnt know who'd be around, although seems obvious that people wouldve been. So seems he just was bored, and didnt think Queen would show, or didnt want to give him the extra time.

Six puts him on the least suspicious Tier.

[quote name='Eight of Spades' post='1632020' date='Dec 28 2008, 12.40']Morning all. shame about poor Six. :(

Six wanted to be helpful and tried to do re-reads on people, with varying levels of usefulness. His first relevent post was this:

So he's suspicious of King. Then there's this:

So he was one of the first people to vote for Queen. A few more posts that are suspicious of Queen follow, and then the OMGUS case from Queen attacks Six. His next important post is here:

This is a reply to King suggesting that Jack couldn't be partnered to Queen or Ten. So Six disagrees with this. Then he starts his rereads, King and Two first:

He doesn't like either of them much, Two for not voting (I don't like this either) and King for Middle=of-the-roading,and voting for the wrong non-contributor. I would suggest that Six is most suspicious of King out of the two of them. He also attacks King slightly for wanting to lynch a low poster - He doesn't think that this is a good idea. Then comes a reread of me:

He's not suspicious of me. How nice. :) Then there's a reread of Four, cutting out the stuff about the day extension and the mystery vote:

He doesn't suspect Four. Next under the spotlight is Seven:

Seven isn't a suspect either. ~Three is next:

He feels worse about Three than Seven or Four. He also defends low posters again. Next is Ten:

So about level with Three, so worse than Seven or Four, but not too suspicious. His final important post is his suspect list during the night:

So King, Two and Jack are his top suspects. This fits with his earlier re-reads. I think from Six's posts that King had the most to fear from Six - On three occasions Six voiced suspicions of King, and on one of those voted for him.

Six interacted with Jack a lot during the game, but didn't seem to be suspicious of him until that final post. If Jack is in fact evil, this could be interpreted in two ways: Either Jack panicked when he saw those tiers (keeping in mind that he is new), or Jack didn't feel too threatened as King was a more likely target.

I also think that as Six specifically defended low posters several times, a low-posting killer would have left him alive. So i'm willing to leave out Two on those grounds. On the other hand, i'm [i]not[/i] willing to give non-contributors a pass today. If those players who haven't contributed much don't start to do so, we should lynch one of them today over bigger suspects. We can't afford to carry dead weight who give us no info but are alive in the endgame.

In conclusion:

We should lynch [b]King of Clubs[/b] or a non-contributor today, unless anyone has any better ideas.[/quote]

Votes King here, on his case. Thinks King killed Six, as six attacked King.

Also thinks we have to lynch a low poster, based on not wanting so many of them later. Which is bad(having so many later, not what he thinks). Favours Two of them.

Thats about it.

This was a bit rushed, as something came up. Now I must go.

Also, King, I wonder why all these cases and re-reads of suspicious things on the people who have attacked and voted you are suddenly appearing, and being asked for by you...

Anyhow, ive g2g now, bye:

In short: Mainly attacks kings, and favours two of the low posters.

*sigh*
Posts take some time
to construct in rhyme.

The choice by five to un-vote Queen
'cause what the myst'ry vote might mean
makes him look quite honest to Jack
I doubt he's bad behind our back.

King looked bad to me yesterday,
it seemed strange to extend the day.
It was the closest thing I seen
to someone rescuing the Queen.
But if he really has been so sick,
then that's an excuse that could stick.

By the pricking of my thumb,
wait a while for more to come.

My reread of 10 gives this impression

He was awfully vanilla day 1. Bland, boring, reasonable, safe.

He jumped on Jack for voting night, but jumped right off. Disappeared for about 24 hours. At end of day he didn't have his vote anywhere -- he was holding back to hear Q's last words -- and 8 ended day.

Day 2 he's been a bit more combative especially toward King. Votes for him and is still on him.

Along with King, he suspects Jack and the low posters. And perhaps 4 for not being to worried about the rhyming... although I haven't really put much stock in the rhyming either.

Overall, I wouldn't move him out of my middle tier.

No one around, by the looks of it.
Im gonna favour lynching a low poster now, because having 3 tommorow isnt good, imo, and it seems unlikely king will be lynched, since a lot of people seem unwilling to vote him. I also cannot see a Jack lynch happening. Therefore, a compromise vote of sorts, going for another person I suspect, although with lack of contribution its hard to tell.

[b]remove vote[/b]

Of the low posters I find [b]two[/b] the one I wish to vote for, because three has appeared again, and made a post that wasnt just fluff. He has also explained his lack of contribution(although I would like mod confirmation on replacement if possible please). Two has barely contributed at all, and isnt helpful to keep around, which three could be.

Anyhow, goodnight now.

[quote name='Ten of Hearts' post='1632589' date='Dec 28 2008, 23.03']He has also explained his lack of contribution(although I would like mod confirmation on replacement if possible please).[/quote]
Do you really believe that any of the people that play mafia on these boards would lie about something like that?

I'm just curious.

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1632479' date='Dec 29 2008, 00.20']Day 2 he's been a bit more combative especially toward King. Votes for him and is still on him.[/quote]Have you noticed his "case" against King was parroting form the beginning to the end? I truely dislike that.

In fact I think that all of 2,3 and 9, despite of low post count, are more contributive than Ten and Jack.

[quote name='Three of Diamonds' post='1632590' date='Dec 28 2008, 23.16']Do you really believe that any of the people that play mafia on these boards would lie about something like that?

I'm just curious.[/quote]
You know, typically we take RL excuses at face value here, and both excuse givers and reader respect this "tradition".

But I am not naieve enough to believe that no one has ever abused it.

It is day 2.

10 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

4 votes for Two of Hearts (Five of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Eight of Spades, Ten of Hearts)
2 votes for King of Clubs (Nine of Clubs, Jack of Diamonds)
1 vote for Three of Diamonds (King of Clubs)

3 players have not voted: Four of Spades, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

Three, I really would like to get more input from you. Man, it's not like we're all spamming our way through this thread, so a reread won't take that long.

Four, you have being quiet for a while. What do you think about lynching a low poster today?

Two has to show up.

Edit: clarification first paragraph

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1632757' date='Dec 29 2008, 09.36']Four, you have being quiet for a while. What do you think about lynching a low poster today?[/quote]If it wasn't clear enough: I don't like this idea much. I'd prefer lynching you or Ten.
I don't vote you just because it would be too close, we don't want to see one particular lynch as inevitable yet.

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1632772' date='Dec 29 2008, 10.23']If it wasn't clear enough: I don't like this idea much. I'd prefer lynching you or Ten.
I don't vote you just because it would be too close, we don't want to see one particular lynch as inevitable yet.[/quote]
I am also most suspicious of Ten right now, and would be willing to switch, but I see some problems tomorrow when we are down to eight players and three of them are blind spots.

Okay, so you basically want to give the low posters a free pass? Or did they something that convinced you of their innocence? If yes, it would be nice if you'd share these thoughts with us. Generally, I really would like to hear a more detailed explanation of your thoughts. I agree with lots of things that you said, but you posts are too short.

Maybe after a little explanation I can finally disagree with you? :P

[quote name='King_of_Clubs' post='1632776' date='Dec 29 2008, 10.34']I am also most suspicious of Ten right now, and would be willing to switch, but I see some problems tomorrow when we are down to eight players and three of them are blind spots.[/quote]The problem is I consider Ten and Jack being more of blind spot than 2,3 or 9. Those three should be more active, evidently, but I already have some knowledge about them, not much of knowledge, but something.
I'll be busy for another 3-4 hours, after that I'll post more regularly.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1632329' date='Dec 28 2008, 14.53']I thought my post was pretty clear.
I'm not too certain yet, I fear.
This news of sickness could explain
approach of King to have a change.

Silence cannot earn a free ride,
we know not what the silent hide.[/quote]

Still we have a few too silent,
I don't see why we should be patient

Hours left for them to share their note
But for now I [b]remove vote[/b].

Archived