Mafia 60.5 Wild Cards by GRRM.

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1632601' date='Dec 28 2008, 22.36']You know, typically we take RL excuses at face value here, and both excuse givers and reader respect this "tradition".

But I am not naieve enough to believe that no one has ever abused it.[/quote]

I want to believe the King's excuses,
but it feels a little like our heads in nooses.
I take some comfort from what you say,
that ploys are not often used this way.

That said, low posters had to come first,
the risk that they present is worst.

Ten says he suspects me all the time,
I can address this when I can end the rhyme
I've nothing to hide, and our numbers they shrink,
So all in the open so we can all think.

[quote name='Five of Clubs' post='1633022' date='Dec 29 2008, 12.39']At least I can stop posting in rhyme though.[/quote]

Can we really stop this pesky rhyme,
or must we wait for mod to chime?

[if I hear affirmative from a few people before the mod appears, I'm more than happy to accept that judgment and participate normally]

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1633040' date='Dec 29 2008, 12.51']Can we really stop this pesky rhyme,
or must we wait for mod to chime?

[if I hear affirmative from a few people before the mod appears, I'm more than happy to accept that judgment and participate normally][/quote]

yes. you can stop rhyming. I am catching up, sorry. get you a lynch shortly.

[quote name='Seven of Diamonds' post='1633032' date='Dec 29 2008, 18.46']Does this mean that we are going to loose 4 along with K?[/quote]I won't die by myself (I am a Turtle, after all!)
They need either to kill me or to counterclaim. Both ways, it's somewhat good for our team. I hope our finder will benefit from this.

It is day 2.

10 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

6 votes for Two of Hearts (Five of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Eight of Spades, Ten of Hearts, Jack, King)
2 votes for King of Clubs (Nine of Clubs, Four of Spades)

2 players have not voted: Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

Two of hearts is lynched. It is night. Send in your PMs

[quote name='Dr. Tachyon' post='1633050' date='Dec 29 2008, 12.56']It is day 2.

10 players remain: Eight of Spades, Five of Clubs, Four of Spades, Jack of Diamonds, King of Clubs, Nine of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Ten of Hearts, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

6 votes for Two of Hearts (Five of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Eight of Spades, Ten of Hearts, Jack, King)
2 votes for King of Clubs (Nine of Clubs, Four of Spades)

2 players have not voted: Jack of Diamonds, Three of Diamonds, Two of Hearts.

Two of hearts is lynched. It is night. Send in your PMs[/quote]

There is a typo to include me on the "have not voted" list. I also appear on the list of votes for two (as I should).

Just in case anyone is being pedantic in re-reads, especially since there was a mystery vote yesterday.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1633061' date='Dec 29 2008, 13.04']There is a typo to include me on the "have not voted" list. I also appear on the list of votes for two (as I should).

Just in case anyone is being pedantic in re-reads, especially since there was a mystery vote yesterday.[/quote]

sorry about that. it's corrected

[quote name='Five of Clubs' post='1633059' date='Dec 29 2008, 13.03']Jack, after this game, you and I are going to have words. That was the worst day of mafia for me ever! I hate rhyming![/quote]

Sorry dude. I had no idea you would be affected, and I had a miserable day too FWIW. I did not get any description on this role feature, and certainly nothing to say someone else would be affected - or else I would have included a warning in my first post, or even stayed silent as long as possible without incurring modkill (although this might have been distractingly suspicious). I just got a message from mod to say I had to rhyme all day.

I tried to explain all of this as best I could during the day.

[quote name='Jack of Diamonds' post='1633072' date='Dec 29 2008, 19.11']Sorry dude. I had no idea you would be affected, and I had a miserable day too FWIW. I did not get any description on this role feature, and certainly nothing to say someone else would be affected - or else I would have included a warning in my first post, or even stayed silent as long as possible without incurring modkill (although this might have been distractingly suspicious). I just got a message from mod to say I had to rhyme all day.

I tried to explain all of this as best I could during the day.[/quote]

I'm just giving you shit.

For what it's worth, you're infinitely better at rhyming than I am. I was thoroughly impressed.

[quote name='Five of Clubs' post='1633077' date='Dec 29 2008, 13.18']I'm just giving you shit.

For what it's worth, you're infinitely better at rhyming than I am. I was thoroughly impressed.[/quote]

I was counting syllables on my fingers as I posted, but I still just had to accept some weak rhyme in the interests of time.

I was a more suspicious character than you after day 1, so I owed it to the group to make an effort to post so as not to be a distraction.

Sorry guys, but I was only on my PC for a minute and didn't have much time.

Four, what is the reason why you want to kill me?

Speaking of you, why did you push for lynching low posters on day 1 but never followed that idea?

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1631382' date='Dec 27 2008, 16.54']It's true, but there is another side. Suppose, endgame is you and 3-4 low posters whom you have no opinion about and who have no opinions about each other - how do you expect to win in such a position? If you are innocent, of course?
Random lynch at day 1 is bad, of course - but random lynch on day 5 is [i]way much[/i] worse.[/quote]
Answer to my question today if you were willing to lynch one of the low posters:
[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1632772' date='Dec 29 2008, 10.23']If it wasn't clear enough: I don't like this idea much. I'd prefer lynching you or Ten.
I don't vote you just because it would be too close, we don't want to see one particular lynch as inevitable yet.[/quote]

Case on Four made. Me I don't believe in a vig in a game that small. And for the record, Four: I am innocent.

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1633066' date='Dec 29 2008, 19.07']Baddest thing I can imagine is that I was wrong and King was innocent. It's my noghtmare. But even in this case you would have either CI or unofficial CF result or counterclaim. I suppose it's better than to risk losing my power because of probable night kill.[/quote]
Who exactly wanted to kill exactly [i]you[/i]?????????? :stunned:

[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1632899' date='Dec 29 2008, 15.44']Ok, since it was pretty easy task, I've reread all our three [i]low[/i] cards.
Results:
I am quite happy about Nine, mostly because of his early vote on Seven. I've noticed that in every single game we had during last months, some newbie innocent players do vote on strong agressive players at day 1. Guilty players never do this (either because they are afraid of confrontation or for some other reason). So, statistically Nine should be more likely innocent than not.[/quote]
Bullshit.
[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1632899' date='Dec 29 2008, 15.44']Three: gut only. I have positive vibrations from Three. Perhaps, I just like his wording.[/quote]
O-kaaaaaay
[quote name='Four of Spades' post='1632899' date='Dec 29 2008, 15.44']Two: that's more interesting. Actually it's he who posted lowest, not Nine, because his first post happened before the game even started, and he has much more RP-stage posts than Nine. In fact, the only thing he did yet was voting Nine for very unique reason: he suspected King's vote on Nine was symping and wanted to see if King would switch. A bit stupid, yes, but fairly original. So, there are two questions: 1) Would a killer post before game actually started? and 2) Would a killer invent such an unusual reason for a vote? My answer for both is: "improbable".

So, I am reluctant to lynch either of them. Does this anwer your question, King?
If I had to choose between them only, I'd pick Three, because I prefer logic to gut.[/quote]
I wonder that you are suspicious of anyone here. :rolleyes:

It's funny:

yesterday I got under fire because I delayed the day

today I get under fire because I lynched the only possible target 1 hour before the limit ran out.

Fantastic.

Four, what do you think was my motive to vote for Two? I hurried to lynch him, because....

[please fill out]

Archived