Calendar - Signed with Invisible Ink?

Given

[quote name='Given' post='1637254' date='Jan 4 2009, 01.00']Wolfheart, your calendar come yet? Any response from DB?[/quote]

Nope, as of tonight I have recieved nothing. Not in the mail or even a email response. I gave them a little slack as Derek Ruiz updated the FAQ, which is kinda laughable, as it just seems like more ass coverage, and he responded to some questions in the thread on their forum pertaining to this issue, basically consoling those who haven't recieved a free print or varification or response. Apparently those that ordered in August are having major issues like me.

[url="http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47&start=40"]http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB3/viewto...47&start=40[/url]

But time has run out on my patience. Soon the BBB. Its angry mob time.

Wheres lady Stoneheart or a character who brings justice

I still haven't received my calendar, but I'll wait a bit longer before I email them, as it was shipping to Australia and maybe got caught up somewhere over Christmas/NY and although it's been 2 and 1/2 weeks since it shipped, it's really only been maybe 7 working days. I think he was being a bit optimistic in the FAQ promising it would be here by the 29 Dec.

I found a phone number and a business address in Dun & Bradstreet:

Dabel Brothers
6070 Autumn View Trl NW Acworth,
GA 30101-7684

770-917-9873

The information is dated April 2008. However, D&B's "updates" are sometimes unreliable as they simply pay people to call and verify things, and the workers get paid per item verified (so there's incentive to falsify updates).

Hi, I usually just lurk around the forums here to learn new interpretations of the books, so I figured you guys would most likely be the best qualified to know anything about this if anyone would.

My boyfriend ordered me a calendar from the Dabel Brothers site early in December so it could be a Christmas gift for me. We thought it was odd when we still had not received the item on New Year's Day, so we wrote them inquiring about the issue. They never sent a tracking number for the item, but they e-mailed to say it had been shipped the seventeenth and that it would take five to seven days.

Now it's the fifth of January, he has sent two e-mails and received zero responses from them and no calendar. Has anyone else had an issue with this site, and if so, do you know of any way to actually contact someone for some service? The site offers no phone number, only e-mail.

I really appreciate any help or insight anyone can offer. Thanks!

- Celeste

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1638407' date='Jan 5 2009, 10.20']Greetings!

We have a thread on this issue in the Objects of Ice and Fire subforum:
[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=33107&st=0"]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showt...=33107&st=0[/url][/quote]

Thanks! I guess I posted this in the wrong category. Is it possible to merge it or something? Sorry.

[quote name='Krafus' post='1630661' date='Dec 26 2008, 10.34']Ran,

Thanks again. It will be interesting to see what GRRM decides to do with "The Mystery Knight," if he does want it adapted. On one hand, GRRM seems to favor DB, but on the other, both Ben Avery, who adapted THK and TSS, and Mike Miller, the artist who drew both comics, have apparently left DB for good, and GRRM might not want to break that continuity.[/quote]

I bought a signed print from Mike Miller a while back (absolutly stunning, about 2'x3' on great paper) I paid $25.00 for it.This was a blown up print from one of his comic books he did for DB. After I handed him the cash I asked him why he was selling them so cheap. He said that he was never paid for drawing the books and he needed the cash. I lost all respect for DB after this. If we can not trust them to pay there artists how can we trust them with our money.

I don't know how true all this is but it came directly from the horses mouth.

[quote name='Robb of Winterfell' post='1639173' date='Jan 6 2009, 06.55']I guess the next question is... for those of us who have not recieved what we paid for... is anyone considering legal action?[/quote]

Yes, I am. Better Business Bureau has them on record for this before. What it boils down to is theft. They can not claim ignorance when I have proof in two places I paid for it.

an angry mob has formed it seems.

Just read the thread on their forum on this issue:

[url="http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47&start=50"]http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB3/viewto...47&start=50[/url]

[quote name='Wolfheart' post='1639857' date='Jan 6 2009, 16.29']Yes, I am. Better Business Bureau has them on record for this before. What it boils down to is theft. They can not claim ignorance when I have proof in two places I paid for it.

an angry mob has formed it seems.

Just read the thread on their forum on this issue:

[url="http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47&start=50"]http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB3/viewto...47&start=50[/url][/quote]

Thanks Wolfheart. I will be joining you in this. they have alot of my money and i have nothing but reciepts to show for it. This is bullshit.

[quote name='Robb of Winterfell' post='1639937' date='Jan 6 2009, 18.46']Thanks Wolfheart. I will be joining you in this. they have alot of my money and i have nothing but reciepts to show for it. This is bullshit.[/quote]

I almost bought this calendar and the prints from them but could not do it because of the conversation I had with Mike Miller about DB.

I could be wrong but didn't DB have an account here and post every once and a while. I could have sworn they did. I see no post from them lately, what a joke. I would not hold my breath on anything ever coming. If it was me I would instantly file complaints with paypal, that might be your only chance at getting anything done.

I still can not believe some of you guys still have not received your prints, They started shipping those months ago. What crappy C.S.

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here!

I posted on the Dabel Bros forums as well. I ordered my unsigned calendar on August 25th and I had my Paypal confirmation come in that day. I emailed them on Dec 19th to no avail.

I really want my calendar, but at this point I'm just so frustrated that I am going to make a complaint with Paypal. Dabel Bros had a good thing going; hosting Martin products that a ton of fans would want to have, but they pissed that away.

I really hope that George sees this mess. I doubt he can do anything about it, but I am going to be very wary of buying any of his merchandise from these independent sellers now. These people are freaking flakes!

[quote name='wasabihime' post='1640143' date='Jan 6 2009, 22.33']Hi everyone! Long time lurker here!

I posted on the Dabel Bros forums as well. I ordered my unsigned calendar on August 25th and I had my Paypal confirmation come in that day. I emailed them on Dec 19th to no avail.

I really want my calendar, but at this point I'm just so frustrated that I am going to make a complaint with Paypal. Dabel Bros had a good thing going; hosting Martin products that a ton of fans would want to have, but they pissed that away.

I really hope that George sees this mess. I doubt he can do anything about it, but I am going to be very wary of buying any of his merchandise from these independent sellers now. These people are freaking flakes![/quote]

For all those in a situation where you havent recieved any response to the situation, havent recieved varification of your order shipping, or even recieving it at all and wish to take some legal action of any kind. May it be getting a refund or persuing it further to make sure you get what you ordered.

Refund: start with filing a complaint with paypal if you used paypal. Then move on to your credit card company, if you paid with credit card or what not, if that doesnt work try going higher: your bank and discuss the issue.

I'll cross post a quote "PayPal does not guarantee any transactions other than those taking place on eBay -- but you have the option to file a claim with them. If the money is in DB's Paypal account, they said they can immediately credit yours. If it is not, they cannot 'pull' it from them. If you used a credit card through Paypal, however, you have a second option to pursue a claim from them. The Paypal guy (very nice, very concise and very helpful) says file a PayPal claim first, then one with your credit card carrier. Make sure to make it clear to your credit card carrier that you contacted PayPal first."

I personally still want what I ordered. As it was supposed to be a signed edition. So my route is a little different

[quote name='Wolfheart' post='1640180' date='Jan 6 2009, 22.15']For all those in a situation where you havent recieved any response to the situation, havent recieved varification of your order shipping, or even recieving it at all and wish to take some legal action of any kind. May it be getting a refund or persuing it further to make sure you get what you ordered.

Refund: start with filing a complaint with paypal if you used paypal. Then move on to your credit card company, if you paid with credit card or what not, if that doesnt work try going higher: your bank and discuss the issue.

I'll cross post a quote "PayPal does not guarantee any transactions other than those taking place on eBay -- but you have the option to file a claim with them. If the money is in DB's Paypal account, they said they can immediately credit yours. If it is not, they cannot 'pull' it from them. If you used a credit card through Paypal, however, you have a second option to pursue a claim from them. The Paypal guy (very nice, very concise and very helpful) says file a PayPal claim first, then one with your credit card carrier. Make sure to make it clear to your credit card carrier that you contacted PayPal first."

I personally still want what I ordered. As it was supposed to be a signed edition. So my route is a little different[/quote]

Have you or anyone else contacted Mr. Martin about this. I know its not his fault, I have ordered many things from him from his site and ebay and I have never had any problems with him. He signed everything and sent it out right away, so I am sure this is completely a DB problem..... but..... This was a joint venture between him and them so if you guys could get a spokes person to talk to Mr. Martian about what DB is doing you might be able to get him to contact these people and toss his weight around a little. If they hear from the man himself and DB gets the impression that he is really upset at how they are treating his loyal fans they might actually get this mess fixed.

He did get himself tangled in this mess when he agreed to do this signing with them and also when he promoted it on his site/blog. I am sure he would be very interested in how you all are being treated and I am sure he would be willing to make a call and see if he could help fix things.

If you do do this you really should nominate one person to do the talking. 100 emails from 100 different people about the same problem would not be the way to go.

Just a thought guys.

[quote name='me399' post='1640230' date='Jan 7 2009, 00.48']Have you or anyone else contacted Mr. Martin about this. I know its not his fault, I have ordered many things from him from his site and ebay and I have never had any problems with him. He signed everything and sent it out right away, so I am sure this is completely a DB problem..... but..... This was a joint venture between him and them so if you guys could get a spokes person to talk to Mr. Martian about what DB is doing you might be able to get him to contact these people and toss his weight around a little. If they hear from the man himself and DB gets the impression that he is really upset at how they are treating his loyal fans they might actually get this mess fixed.

He did get himself tangled in this mess when he agreed to do this signing with them and also when he promoted it on his site/blog. I am sure he would be very interested in how you all are being treated and I am sure he would be willing to make a call and see if he could help fix things.

If you do do this you really should nominate one person to do the talking. 100 emails from 100 different people about the same problem would not be the way to go.

Just a thought guys.[/quote]
\
I'll link to his livejournal.
[url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/63582.html?page=2#comments"]http://grrm.livejournal.com/63582.html?page=2#comments[/url]

He, GRRM, says he can do nothing on the matter. Read his long reply to a customer as pissed as me. HE replies to dsilver88

I don't think GRRM knows about the utter lack of customer service issue, which is really the core of the problem. Had the company been courteous enough to inform the hundreds of customers as to WHY they are not receiving merchandise for which they paid, I'm sure there would not be so many of us confused and angry.

[quote name='Wolfheart' post='1640279' date='Jan 7 2009, 02.16']\
I'll link to his livejournal.
[url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/63582.html?page=2#comments"]http://grrm.livejournal.com/63582.html?page=2#comments[/url]

He, GRRM, says he can do nothing on the matter. Read his long reply to a customer as pissed as me. HE replies to dsilver88[/quote]

Wow, a little less helpful than I would have expected. I am sure he was getting slammed by really pissed people though. He did say to that poster to send it to him with a self addressed return envelope and he would sign it and send it back. I would take him up on this offer. My wife sent him my Hard covers and he signed them and sent them back. I would send it and take him up on his offer. Hell, if DB ever does come through you will have 2 signed ones.

Good luck guys.

[quote name='me399' post='1640309' date='Jan 7 2009, 00.41']Wow, a little less helpful than I would have expected. I am sure he was getting slammed by really pissed people though. He did say to that poster to send it to him with a self addressed return envelope and he would sign it and send it back. I would take him up on this offer. My wife sent him my Hard covers and he signed them and sent them back. I would send it and take him up on his offer. Hell, if DB ever does come through you will have 2 signed ones.

Good luck guys.[/quote]

i still think your avatar is Gregory House M.D.,,,,,,cracks me up :rofl:

[quote name='phoenix_rising' post='1641163' date='Jan 7 2009, 22.05']i still think your avatar is Gregory Housse M.D.,,,,,,cracks me up :rofl:[/quote]

Shuuuussshhh! Your gonna give away my secret alter ego.

Archived