I'm thrilled! And yet...

cerigwen

I am astonished and hopeful that HBO will pick this up but on the other hand, the distinguished Mr. Martin will have less time to complete the long and eagerly awaited ADoD. I hate to be a negative nellie but I really really would rather have the book go into publication than have a network television show about it. On the other hand, I'll take what I can get; and on the other hand...I've run out of hands. Here's to any kind of ASOIF fix!

Fortunately, Mr. Martin shouldn't have anything to do with the possible show for some time. He's already gone over the pilot script, so it's up to the showrunners now. If the show gets picked up (this fall earliest), then he's supposed to write 1 episode himself I believe, and will probably have an Ex Prod credit for the rest. If he hasn't finished Dance by the end of 2009, I'll have a lot more concerns than just the show taking up his time.

With all probability Dance will be finished by the time they start filming the pilot, or at least by the time the series are approved. So I don't see a problem here.

It could be a problem for the future books, since his work as a co-executiv should take some time. Specially if he has to travel to the UK (though I don't think he'll have to).

[quote name='The hairy bear' post='1639472' date='Jan 7 2009, 03.44']With all probability Dance will be finished by the time they start filming the pilot, or at least by the time the series are approved. So I don't see a problem here.

It could be a problem for the future books, since his work as a co-executiv should take some time. Specially if he has to travel to the UK (though I don't think he'll have to).[/quote]

Yeah Id expect Dance to be finished soon - well before the show is greenlit. If not then we have other things to worry about.

Archived