MAFIA! Minigame 61.5 Lost in a Bad Book

The Man Who

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664504' date='Jan 27 2009, 16.38']There is little to differentiate them, I was just hoping you'd take a stab at it. I appreciate you at least made the attempt. Do you think the snarky-ness from Duane is more likely to indicate guilt or innocence, or neither?[/quote]

I think the fact that the snark was aimed at discrediting Vulva and questioning his claim is definitely a point against Duane. It would be different if he had partook in any of the discussion surrounding the reveal, but it was just that comment. Twenty minutes later he puts a vote on Daisy for looking suspicious even though she hadn't shown up yet, and hasn't been back.

You could say that he put in a serious barb towards Vulva and then tried to disappear back into the RP.

[quote name='Tim Bisley' post='1664521' date='Jan 27 2009, 16.50']I think the fact that the snark was aimed at discrediting Vulva and questioning his claim is definitely a point against Duane. It would be different if he had partook in any of the discussion surrounding the reveal, but it was just that comment. Twenty minutes later he puts a vote on Daisy for looking suspicious even though she hadn't shown up yet, and hasn't been back.

You could say that he put in a serious barb towards Vulva and then tried to disappear back into the RP.[/quote]
Fair enough.

Hm, as much as I hate low posters, I don't like that we'll be getting next to no information from a lynch of either Daisy or Duane (yes, I realize I have said in the past that I'd be willing to lynch them). Tyres has posted...he hasn't exactly been helpful up until this point. We would have something to work with if he came up innocent or guilty, whereas we'll have nothing with Daisy and almost nothing with Duane (he at least voted).

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664529' date='Jan 27 2009, 21.56']Hm, as much as I hate low posters, I don't like that we'll be getting next to no information from a lynch of either Daisy or Duane (yes, I realize I have said in the past that I'd be willing to lynch them). Tyres has posted...he hasn't exactly been helpful up until this point. We would have something to work with if he came up innocent or guilty, whereas we'll have nothing with Daisy and almost nothing with Duane (he at least voted).[/quote]

On the other hand, when should we lynch noncontributors? Do we do it tomorrow, or on day 3?

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664529' date='Jan 27 2009, 17.56']Fair enough.

Hm, as much as I hate low posters, I don't like that we'll be getting next to no information from a lynch of either Daisy or Duane (yes, I realize I have said in the past that I'd be willing to lynch them). Tyres has posted...he hasn't exactly been helpful up until this point. We would have something to work with if he came up innocent or guilty, whereas we'll have nothing with Daisy and almost nothing with Duane (he at least voted).[/quote]

Yeah I can dig what your saying. This artificial shortening of the day is a bummer. I think its time people got their vote down on a main suspect. Lets not lynch until the last minute before Vulva has to go, but lets put our cards on the table.

[quote name='Vulva' post='1664542' date='Jan 27 2009, 17.00']On the other hand, when should we lynch noncontributors? Do we do it tomorrow, or on day 3?[/quote]
If they don't come back then they are modkilled. If their behavior doesn't change, then we can tomorrow. Today is such a, relatively, short time period that if they can't contribute over a little more than a day, then they really need to be cut. Lack of contribution through day 1 isn't terribly rare. I'm torn on this as well. I guess if I didn't feel so strongly about Tyres I really wouldn't mind voting off Duane or Daisy.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664513' date='Jan 27 2009, 22.46']What has changed in my behavior?[/quote]

Hmm... I read you again to find examples, but nothing I came up with was very convincing. I think it was your multiple swears in early posts, which I don't actually have any problem with, but which make my subconscious hackles rise and get me ready for a fight nonetheless. I've also realized you haven't really pursued a particular case since Mike's, so there was nowhere for your full vim and vigor to come out. I found your aggression suspect because of what I perceived as a change in your behaviour, so for now you're just an aggressive player I need to form new opinions on.

I don't think lynching Tyres would give much more info than lynching Duane. Other than piggybacking a case on Mike, there has been no real content. Sure, he questioned Vulva's reveal, but so did most everyone. I'd rather keep someone who has at least been around than someone who is completely absent.

edited to fix spacing

This is the vote count, as far as I can tell. I believe that mod missed Tyres' vote from [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=33701&view=findpost&p=1664082"]here[/url], so i've added it in.

Please can someone double check it because I may well have got it wrong.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Tyres (Bilbo, Marsha, Tim Bisley)
2 votes for Daisy (Duane, Vulva)
2 votes for Duane (Mike Watt, Brian Topp)
1 vote for Mike Watt (Tyres)
1 vote for Night (Twist)

2 players have not voted: Daisy, Dexter.

And i'm going to change my vote to [b]Duane[/b] as the most likely noncontributor to get lynched. I'll be around to change it for a bit if necessary - Like I said, i'm happy to lynch Tyres.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Tyres (Bilbo, Marsha, Tim Bisley)
3 votes for Duane (Mike Watt, Brian Topp, Vulva)
1 vote for Daisy (Duane)
1 vote for Mike Watt (Tyres)
1 vote for Night (Twist)

2 players have not voted: Daisy, Dexter.

I'm going to be gone for several hours consecutively on week days for daily whatever, but I'm going to still have several hours every day to comment so now that we're out of the RP phase, don't worry about that.

Because nobody else said anything about his post, I'll assume that I'm the only one who thinks Brian's "big" post was extremely on the fence:

[quote name='Brian' date=' underlines added by me']Bilbo �" Early aggression feels suspect, but understandable as a tactic to get conversation going. After dropping the case on Mike, becomes more reasonable and level-headed in my eyes. Not a suspect for today.

Daisy �" Hasn’t contributed much, but more than Duane. Only suspicious thing is Tyres “defense”, which I don’t have an issue with.

Dexter �" Not enough content to have a read on, although the explained absence and possible future contribution make him not a top suspect. I'd vote to lynch, but only if it was the only option, which doesn't look like it will be the case at all.

Duane �" No content to his posts, other than a vote on Daisy for not checking in yet. If we’re lynching a low poster, I’d go for Duane.

Marsha �" I like what has been said so far, though I disagree that Twist’s role is particularly suspicious, only because Twist is not taking advantage of said role like Marsha assumes.

Mike �" The initial suspicion of Vulva’s claim seemed to be a reluctance to believe such a role exists rather than thinking Vulva was actually suspicious. The discussion turned into semantics about a hypothetical symp, and when that was cleared up, he quickly moved on and tried to push discussion forward. Useful player I’m currently in favour of keeping around.

Tim �" No strong opinions yet, but I liked his most recent post, and wouldn’t want him dead before he had a chance to say more.

Twist �" Despite having her vote locked on night, which is an easy excuse to lay low and avoid attention, she is pushing people and stating her thoughts �" establishing opinions when it is easily avoidable. Everything she says must be taken with a grain of salt though, because she doesn’t actually have to back up her opinions with a vote, so could just be blowing smoke. Overall, not on my preferred lynch list.

Tyres �" Followed the weak case on Mike for a while, before dropping it because of too much backlash. Other than that, just gives the impression of contribution without actually saying anything. Bulk of posts are asking for other people’s opinions and impressions, or rehashing other arguments. I’m not bothered by the good feelings about Daisy. I don’t share them, but beyond that I’ll leave it to Tyres to justify themselves. If nothing else comes up, I’d be willing to lynch, but I’m reluctant to put a 4th vote on, as it will likely be followed by a 5th from Vulva.

Vulva �" Strikes me as inno, because it seems it would restrict an FM’s play to an unreasonably unbalanced level. Unless the baddies have an overpowered role to make up for it. I disagree that killing Daisy would be more beneficial than killing Tyres �" as I’ve said, I don’t think Tyres has really contributed much beyond rephrasing.[/quote]

So basically the only people Brian doesn't have a qualifier about is Tyres (a popular lynch) or me (a low poster not around to defend himself (also popular)). I'm really surprised this post didn't bother anyone else.

Also, I'm sorry about the long quote, but the whole thing gave me a pretty bad middle of the road vibe.

[quote name='Duane' post='1664613' date='Jan 27 2009, 22.39']If anyone around could address whether or not my underlines are visible for them in my post.. that'd be great. I see a weird symbol and quotations.[/quote]

I get the funny symbol, too. Try italicising instead.

[quote name='Duane' post='1664613' date='Jan 27 2009, 18.39']If anyone around could address whether or not my underlines are visible for them in my post.. that'd be great. I see a weird symbol and quotations.[/quote]

No, I don't see underlines. I find it easiest to highlight and then click the "U" in the upper left of the box.

Archived