MAFIA! Minigame 61.5 Lost in a Bad Book

The Man Who

Sorry Tim, but you are almost a finder. If you choose someone and you get told that he used his power on someone who was killed that night, this guy (or lady) is probably a killer.

Also, the person we are looking for is not Daisy, not Vulva, not Twist, not Marsha and not me.

That leaves only Bilbo and Mike.

It was probably a toss up. I know I seemed pretty clueless, so it might be beneficial to leave me around. Of the 3 of us Brian probably seemed the biggest threat, with the least that could be tied to him. He had a list that basically middle of the roaded everyone.

[quote name='Colin' post='1667421' date='Jan 30 2009, 00.13']Sorry Tim, but you are almost a finder. If you choose someone and you get told that he used his power on someone who was killed that night, this guy (or lady) is probably a killer.

[b]Also, the person we are looking for is not Daisy, not Vulva, not Twist, not Marsha and not me. [/b]

That leaves only Bilbo and Mike.[/quote]

bold is mine. in regards to what? a FM or who used a power? you lost me here.

[quote name='Marsha' post='1667445' date='Jan 30 2009, 00.25']bold is mine. in regards to what? a FM or who used a power? you lost me here.[/quote]
The person who used it's power on Daisy. Neither Mike nor Bilbo make sense in my opinion, since Daisy hasn't been their prime suspect. So they neither guarded nor investigated Daisy. They also didn't heal her. That leaves us with the question, which action has been performed on Daisy?

I already have a theory and it includes Mike being the performer. More on that tomorrow.

I'd say Brian was chosen for a few reasons. He was more active than I was and full of original thoughts, even if his list was middle-of-the-roadish. His questioning/wanting to lynch Bilbo showed he wasn't afraid to jump into the fire, so to speak, which would make him a major threat if he zeroed in on a killer. And he was less likely to be healed that night.

ETA words

Tim, I need to know who took an action on Daisy. There's a big chance that this person is evil.

ETA: if you think one of them is a finder, look at their agenda - Bilbo pushed for Daisy early on day 2 and let go afterwards. He is not sure about her alignement. Mike was suspecting Duane the most, so why should he have investigated Daisy instead?

[quote name='Colin' post='1667421' date='Jan 29 2009, 18.13']Sorry Tim, but you are almost a finder. If you choose someone and you get told that he used his power on someone who was killed that night, this guy (or lady) is probably a killer.[/quote]

I didn't want to reveal this half, but I wish my role were as easy as that. I'm an extra watchful guard. I guard someone and see who they tried (and failed) to perform an action toward.

I was, and still am, reluctant to reveal the guard part mostly due to your vehemence that a killer would get the guard role.

Explanation for a full role reveal tomorrow:

The roles have not been assigned randomly. There are roles that mae more sense for giving them to the evil faction (guard, role finder) and roles that make only sense for the evil faction (tamperer).

When we all reveal, the FM likely have to make up their roles. In past games, this has been a good way to catch the one ore the other FM.

[quote name='Tim Bisley' post='1667499' date='Jan 30 2009, 01.06']I didn't want to reveal this half, but I wish my role were as easy as that. I'm an extra watchful guard. I guard someone and see who they tried (and failed) to perform an action toward.

I was, and still am, reluctant to reveal the guard part mostly due to your vehemence that a killer would get the guard role.[/quote]
Why did you decide to use your power? What about blocking a finder or a healer?

[quote name='Colin' post='1667503' date='Jan 29 2009, 19.09']Why did you decide to use your power? What about blocking a finder or a healer?[/quote]

I was mostly unsure of Bilbo. I wanted some type of information from him to possibly use in case he were still alive after a few days of "playing sheriff" like he was on Day 1. I knew I was taking a chance.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1667505' date='Jan 29 2009, 19.11']Thank you Tim, for blocking my vig kill. I am seriously not happy.[/quote]

Why would you use your vig kill on the first night?

“That’s it, the gloves are off now” Twist had said grimly as dusk deepened and the rats began to tuck in to their delicious Texan Duane barbeque. She rolled up her sleeves, “time to get serious”

“But didn’t you support lynching Duane, Twist?” enquired Bilbo sharply, while fixing a gaze of barely-constrained wrath on Daisy

“Well, yeah” admitted Twist, “but it’s only cos I don’t [i]trust[/i] myself enough.” She sobbed, “can I have a hug?” she asked plaintively

“There there Twistykins” said Bilbo tenderly. “It’s ok, let’s just work through this together. Do you think Mike and Tim might be a pair of evil killing killers who kill?”

“Anyway” put in Marsha, “how about we all have some dinner”

“Um, I don’t think they gave us any today” said Mike quickly and guiltily, spraying crumbs of pastry into the air as he spoke

“Big bones my behind” Bilbo muttered to himself under his breath (I mean, he didn’t want Mike to sit on him)

Marsha, irritated by the lack of pies, snapped at Bilbo, “Hey Bilbs, what’s the deal with you considering yourself innocent all the time. It’s like you’re trying to convince us you’re innocent or something. It’s not on”

Tim muttered his agreement and mumbled myseriously about things unknown and unknowable, and also that someone targeted Daisy last night.

Various discussion ensued – for some reason people seem to think that sleep is not a vital component of night times.

Eventually Richard Modrahl, in a foul mood because the players’ incessant speculation had kept him up all night, stalked back in.

“Each one of you is scum, fit only for crewing the ships which sample phytoplankton from the southern oceans. But it has not been my lucky night. You, unfortunately, all seem still to be here. Those of you whom I need to brief about this night’s events (if any such players exist) will shortly be receiving messages from me. I hope that you will be suitably grateful. And now…” Modrahl’s face brightened, “time for the promised lecture on differential equations. You see, in order to solvea homogeneous second-order linear differential equation of the form…”

You jerk awake. Seems like not sleeping through the night was not such a bad idea after all. The tall man is still speaking, “…and so the general solution is the sum of the complementary function and the particular solution and is x=e-3t(A cos(4t) + B sin (4t) + cos 2t – 2/3 sin 2t)

“I hope you enjoyed that. Next – the Mendelian Revolution – I hope you’re all as excited as I am!

“Oh, and make sure you actually kill someone today guys” he called over his shoulder as he left, “I’m getting hungry”

It is day 3

Several players remain. You will need 5 votes to lynch

Archived