Three Mounts for Daenerys

iheartseverus

[quote name='iheartseverus' post='1660888' date='Jan 24 2009, 10.01']Aha. Sounds a worthwhile occupation. A man should be proud.[/quote]

A man is proud. A man is a little upset that he went through all the trouble of that lengthy post up there and no-one had anything to say either for the good or for the bad regarding it, but... A man is still proud of what he does.

Edited** Sorry This is my first post and I don't know how to quote other people's posts yet :(

I think Israfel is right on with the theories on the #1s. Totally agree.

As for the fire to light for death, I think this refers to a future battle where Dany has her dragons flame KL perhaps.

Not sure about the mount to dread, but it could refer to Quentyn, after all, we have never met him before and we have no idea what kind of person he is. Could be worse than Euron?? But more likely I think Quentyn is Dany's ally and the mount to dread is Euron or Victarion, mostly because Dany should dread Euron's horn the most.

The treason for gold I think relates to The [b]Golden[/b] Company. In Arianne's chapter in AFFC, we hear about how incredibly loyal and steadfast that particular sellsword company is, and they have broken their contract with Myr, (maybe to go pledge their allegiance to Dany, at Quentin's urging)?? If they betrayed her in the heat of a battle, and she suffered a huge defeat... Just throwing it out there :)

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1660892' date='Jan 24 2009, 12.05']A man is proud. A man is a little upset that he went through all the trouble of that lengthy post up there and no-one had anything to say either for the good or for the bad regarding it, but... A man is still proud of what he does.[/quote]

Holy dragons, Batman, I hadn't even seen it! I'm not used to this board's ability to allow double posts--I'm so used to just looking at 'last unread post.' I'm off to read!

[quote name='Irri_pleases_her_khaleesi' post='1660902' date='Jan 24 2009, 10.13']Edited** Sorry This is my first post and I don't know how to quote other people's posts yet :([/quote]

If you just hit the "Reply" button, it will put their post in with all the tags needed. You almost did it right before... you just erased the /quote tag at the end (an easy mistake to make).

Welcome to the boards! Maybe someday Irri will please her Dragon... :leer: (I should just clarify, that I am operating under the assumption that you are both female and equiped with a sense of humor)...

I really should stop making so many assumptions... They always seem to bite me in the end...

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1660915' date='Jan 24 2009, 12.29']If you just hit the "Reply" button, it will put their post in with all the tags needed. You almost did it right before... you just erased the /quote tag at the end (an easy mistake to make).

Welcome to the boards! Maybe someday Irri will please her Dragon... :leer: (I should just clarify, that I am operating under the assumption that you are both female and equiped with a sense of humor)...

I really should stop making so many assumptions... They always seem to bite me in the end...[/quote]

Ahhh gotcha. Thanks!

I've been reading these boards for a while and finally decided I had to register and put in my two cents on all the theories. Don't worry you are right on both assumptions :)

Welcome to the board, Irri! And, to our fun thread!

Regarding the clever and well thought-out 1, 2, 3s of the prophecies posted here, I'm going to pull a Peter Baelish and make like a mockingbird--producing no original song of my own; instead, just stealing choice bits from among the complex melodies produced by others.

#1. Israefel's song: The fire/mount/treason have already happened. The dragons were born in fire, Drogo was the mount to bed and Mirri Maz Dur committed treason against Dany for 'blood,' destroying Drogo and his blood (Dany's unborn son)

#2. Blauer Dragon's song: Dany will need the Faceless Men in her conquest of Westeros. We know their price can be catastrophically high, but she will have to pay it. With fire.
(Blauer Dragon, doesn't part of your theory here have Dany falling in love with both Jon and Tyrion? Do you really foresee that?)

#3. Israfel-Blauer Dragon blended song: Either Dany commits a treason (as opposed to treason being committed against her) or Tyrion betrays Dany and maybe Jon as well, for his love of Jaime. I love both thos songs, can't decide between them, so I'll just steal both!

There. Just call me Ms. Mockingbird!

[quote name='iheartseverus' post='1660944' date='Jan 24 2009, 11.07']Welcome to the board, Irri! And, to our fun thread!

Regarding the clever and well thought-out 1, 2, 3s of the prophecies posted here, I'm going to pull a Peter Baelish and make like a mockingbird--producing no original song of my own; instead, just stealing choice bits from among the lovely melodies produced by others.

#1. Israfel's song: The fire/mount/treason have already happened. The dragons were born in fire, Drogo was the mount to bed and Mirri Maz Dur committed treason against Dany for 'blood,' destroying Drogo and his blood (Dany's unborn son)

#2. Blauer Dragon's song: Dany will need the Faceless Men in her conquest of Westeros. We know their price can be catastrophically high, but she will have to pay it. With fire.[/quote]

Should I take your silence on #3 to mean that you've sided with the rest of the heretics? Or are you still up in the air on that one?

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1660946' date='Jan 24 2009, 13.11']Should I take your silence on #3 to mean that you've sided with the rest of the heretics? Or are you still up in the air on that one?[/quote]

grrrr... something very weird is going on when I'm posting--the freakin' message keeps posting all by itself while I'm still sitting here tapping away at the keyboard. I have to keep clicking edit to open it and add more. I did a nice long #3 !! Where the h*ll did it GO? grrrr... anyway, back to rewrite. Again! :thumbsdown:

ETA: Okay, #3 is posted. Again.

*shuffles off muttering and cursing at techno-glitches*

[quote name='iheartseverus' post='1660951' date='Jan 24 2009, 11.20']*shuffles off muttering and cursing at techno-glitches*[/quote]

If one of your keys might be sticking... it could be pulling your "Enter" key down with it. That's happened to me before (which is particularly annoying because I only use one or two fingers on each hand when I am typing {making it a [i]very[/i] slow process})

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1660957' date='Jan 24 2009, 13.25']If one of your keys might be sticking... it could be pulling your "Enter" key down with it. That's happened to me before (which is particularly annoying because I only use one or two fingers on each hand when I am typing {making it a [i]very[/i] slow process})[/quote]

Thanks, that would never have occurred to me. And, my keys [i]are[/i] sticking lately, so that might be exactly it. Time for a new keyboard. Thanks for the technical input--just send your bill along via general delivery...

[quote name='iheartseverus' post='1660959' date='Jan 24 2009, 11.28']Thanks, that would never have occurred to me. And, my keys [i]are[/i] sticking lately, so that might be exactly it. Time for a new keyboard. Thanks for the technical input--just send your bill along via general delivery...[/quote]

A good cleaning and a can of air can go a long way towards keeping you from having to get a new keyboard...
Oh, you asked, [color="#48D1CC"]"doesn't part of your theory here have Dany falling in love with both Jon and Tyrion? Do you really foresee that?"[/color]
Yes, I do. People get wrapped up in the heretical approach to this when they should not. Dany is a young, beautiful, and powerful woman. She has all the key ingredients for being very fickle in matters of the heart. She is convinced that she needs three heads for her Dragon and so she is prone to be promiscuous in her quest for heads. Jon is of the North (of Ice), and she is of Valaryia (of Fire). The two of them should attract nicely... Ice and Fire. Doesn't she also have Dayne or Dornish heritage? I forget... Anyway, add to that the fact that Tyrion is actually quite fond of whores, and... it's a great fit. You will note that I've repeatedly said that I [i]hope[/i] that she doesn't live long enough to ever reach Westeros (but I am a realist).

[quote name='General_Lee' post='1660829' date='Jan 24 2009, 07.30']So maybe 'mounts' refers to something completely different and Martin has us fooled since we are looking for actual mounts.
What else could mounts stand for, metapohrically (I hope this word exists)?[/quote]
Mountains? LOL. I think we understand the mounts. She was a khaleesi at that point, after all, so it would make sense for the prophecy to be given to her in dothraki terms.

[quote name='israfel070' post='1660963' date='Jan 24 2009, 11.35']Mountains? LOL. I think we understand the mounts. She was a khaleesi at that point, after all, so it would make sense for the prophecy to be given to her in dothraki terms.[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but her mounting of Khal Drogo was quite out of the ordinary for a Dothraki woman. Wasn't it customary for Dothraki men to mount their women (and from behind, no less)?

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1660970' date='Jan 24 2009, 13.42']Correct me if I am wrong, but her mounting of Khal Drogo was quite out of the ordinary for a Dothraki woman. Wasn't it customary for Dothraki men to mount their women (and from behind, no less)?[/quote]

Exactly. Our khaleesi was quickly learning to become a take-charge kind of princess.

And I think General Lee's post regarding the exact meaning of 'mount' was in response to my saying I'm still a bit ambiguous about it--I'm still not sure whether it means mount as in a horse or dragon or whatever to use as a means of transportion, or whether it means...

:smileysex:

[quote name='iheartseverus' post='1660978' date='Jan 24 2009, 19.50']And I think General Lee's post regarding the exact meaning of 'mount' was in response to my saying I'm still a bit ambiguous about it--I'm still not sure whether it means mount as in a horse or dragon or whatever to use as a means of transportion, or whether it means...

:smileysex:[/quote]

Thanks for taking my assumption under consideration ;)
I've been trying to figure out what else "mount" could stand for all day long (okay, that's a lie) but couldn't think of something else than the sexual thing and the mean of transportation.
I'm pretty sure that the mount to dread is one of her dragons.
The one to bed is probably refering to sex but I don't think it's Drogo. The one to love is even worse. Could be her dragons as well but that wouldn't make any sense, would it? What else could mount stand for metaphorically, help me, please ^^
:smoking:

[quote][b]#2[/b]
[b]Fire lit for death[/b]: She'll have to contract the FM to deal with Euron because she will not dare to take her Dragons near his horn. As part of the contracted fee that they will charge her, she will have to set something (quite possibly a free city, or some such, on fire). A fire lit for death = A Fire lit for the Many Faced God of Death = A Fire lit to buy a death[/quote]

I love this!!
<- Arya fanboy

[quote][b]Treason for gold[/b]: This one is tough to say, but I am of the belief that it will be somehow related to the events above, and that it will be one of her trusted men (or perhaps even a higher ranking unsullied) who will betray her for the promise of gold. I'm thinking that it might be that she'll have captured Victarion (after bedding him) and that he'll bribe someone into releasing him... Hard to tell, that one is.[/quote]

I like the Golden Company idea that's been posted... I think Petyr might have a hand in that. I also like the idea that the Gold doesn't refer to a payment but something else... maybe Lannister heritage, or the Baratheon colors

[quote]It is equally possible to know a treason if you are the one committing it. I think that the shocker might be that she'll have to betray someone, or something (perhaps throw off her claim to the throne, perhaps even hand the throne to someone else, perhaps something else entirely) for love.[/quote]
Great idea!

[quote][i]"A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness. . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . . "[/i] We have references of blue flowers being associated with more Stark women than just Lyanna (Mance Raydar's story), we have multiple references to a woman "flowering", and we have a slew of comments about how Arya (who is still too young to have flowered) looking just like her aunt Lyanna. The first part, I believe refers to Arya flowering and coming of age while on the wall (where her most beloved brother is), the second part is just Dany's excessively long string of titles (I think she was being mocked and didn't know it).[/quote]

Booooooo!! :P Although I'd be geeking out if Arya ended up in the north and returned to Jon / befriended Dany. I prefer my heresy though

[quote]I do have a whacky thought that just came (back) to mind as well (I've posted variations of this a few tymes before)... ICE was melted down and made into two swords with streaked and spattered red in them... Suppose that someone eventually reforms those two halves into one sword, and (either they name it FIRE, or) it ignites... Wouldn't that be an ironic twist on the Song of Ice and Fire?[/quote]

That would be really cool, but I think Martin makes a point of leaving broken toys broken. Remember that the sword of Fire, Lightbringer, is rumored to be kept in Asshai

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1660970' date='Jan 24 2009, 10.42']Correct me if I am wrong, but her mounting of Khal Drogo was quite out of the ordinary for a Dothraki woman. Wasn't it customary for Dothraki men to mount their women (and from behind, no less)?[/quote]

I didn't mean that the prophecy has to be fulfilled in strict adherence to Dothraki sexual tradition... just that it was given in terms relatable to them. It could have been phrased "steeds that will bear you" or sth. I think it fits in well with the gender-neutral PtwP that Dany "rode" him.

Oh hey, an idea just sparked. As far as we know, she only "rode" Drogo the one time, right? When she pulled him out of their tent and into public. Maybe the three Rides are single instances of riding, rather than long-term relationships like seducing various people / a general reference to riding Drogon repeatedly.

[quote name='israfel070' post='1660987' date='Jan 24 2009, 11.58']Remember that the sword of Fire, Lightbringer, is rumored to be kept in Asshai[/quote]

Actually, I believe that sword is the sword of House Dayne, called Dawn... A Rose by any other name, and all that...

[quote name='israfel070' post='1661000' date='Jan 24 2009, 14.09']Oh hey, an idea just sparked. As far as we know, she only "rode" Drogo the one time, right? When she pulled him out of their tent and into public. Maybe the three Rides are single instances of riding, rather than long-term relationships like seducing various people / a general reference to riding Drogon repeatedly.[/quote]

If that were indeed the case, how do you (or, do you) see that changing any of the theoretical equations posted here, yours or otherwise?

Archived