Sandor Clegane

Shemy

Yep.

I doubt there'll be unicorns and puppies, and eventually all that matters to me is that he apologizes. And that we see her stop whitewashing the whole thing in her mind.

I'm with you that the dysfunction, tension, and weirdness of their connection is the thing that makes it compelling. And the cloak signs point to some kind of dirty, dirty action happening down the road.

I think he should and will apologize but I don't think she needs it anymore. I think that bedroom scene was a real watershed moment for both of them, and she realised that behind all the threats and the bravado, he was just a scared, desperate man with no where (or person) to turn to. So I don't think she has whitewashed the events at all. Rather she seems to have fully understood him finally (touching his face), forgiven him (wrapping the cloak) and still desires him, hence the mismemory.

snapback.pngAlexia, on 06 September 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'm not a fan of the Val/Sandor concept, btw, although I could maybe get behind Val/Jon. Sansa/Sandor ftw.

Why not the Val/San concept? I don't see Jon having a happy ending with anyone. Funny thing, I just saw another thread about will Jon ever love again?

I just listened to this podcast about the books which had a theory about Sandor becoming Sansa's secret lover. They were comparing it to a piece of lore though, that I wasn't familiar with, but was intriguing, It was called something like So and So and the Dragon Knight? (I don't remember the girl's name lol)

Yep. I doubt there'll be unicorns and puppies, and eventually all that matters to me is that he apologizes. And that we see her stop whitewashing the whole thing in her mind. I'm with you that the dysfunction, tension, and weirdness of their connection is the thing that makes it compelling. And the cloak signs point to some kind of dirty, dirty action happening down the road.

NO UNICORNS ! ! ? ? I was promised there would be unicorns!

No but really . . . I think there will not be a rosey ending. GRRM likes the "bittersweet" endings. So my dream of a happy ending for San/San will probs not happen. But I still hold out hope for it.

I too think that Sansa touching Sandor's face was like an understanding. Like she knew he didn't have it in him to hurt her. He wouldn't. I think that song she gave him was 1. the first song that she could think of and 2. she knew he NEEDED to hear it. I mean she prays for the Mother to quiet the storm in him.

"she even sang for Tyrion the Imp and for the Hound. He is no true knight but he saved me all the same, she told the Mother. Save him if you can, and gentle the rage inside him."

So sweet.

So while the Hound will have to (in my mind) prove to Sansa he is not the same beast she knew. That the mother did in fact quiet his storm. . . . on the QI in fact. And he will have some "I am so sorry" lines to give her. But after all that were are all GTG with wedding and the bedding IMHO.

But it wont happen. :tantrum:

I feel like the Sandor Sisters have discussed this before . . . . but worth discussing again. It says in AGOT (Joffrey says it) that the Hound is not HIS dog, but his MOTHERS dog that have been on loan to him or given to him. Somthing like that. But we get the impression from that first GOT book that the Hound belongs to Cersei.

And we know Cersei likes to get what she wants and control the men around her by tempting/promising sex. So I think its POSSIBLE that she lead the Hound on at some point. I do not think they ever sexed it up, but I can only imagine she maybe made promises.

Sweet Little Robin - I WANT Sansa to rescue and protect him like a knight would do in a song. I think it would be great. I am scared for him. But I love how Sansa is so sweet but firm with him. I want her to keep him! And for her to be the Hero in his story!!!

And I want unicorns . . .

I just want Sandor & Sansa to live happily ever after. That's all I ask. The rest of the realm can die in a fiery hell. Sandor & Sansa rebuilt Winterfell & have a bunch of wolf/dog hybrids. :wideeyed:

Bwahahahahaha! I second this 100%

I'm not a fan of the secret lover idea (noted in a separate post). Why should Sandor be put in a corner? I think Sansa is poised for greatness but not necessarily at Winterfell. I'm assuming Rickon resurfaces and Bran does . . . whatever the hell he's doing. Why couldn't they go back to the Clegane lands after UnGregor is dispatched? Sansa would be great at restoring trust in the people that were surely brutalized while Gregor was lord and master. The Hound would be happy to not be at court. They could have a very nice life there, openly acknowledging each other and living happily ever after.

Bwahahahahaha! I second this 100% I'm not a fan of the secret lover idea (noted in a separate post). Why should Sandor be put in a corner? I think Sansa is poised for greatness but not necessarily at Winterfell. I'm assuming Rickon resurfaces and Bran does . . . whatever the hell he's doing. Why couldn't they go back to the Clegane lands after UnGregor is dispatched? Sansa would be great at restoring trust in the people that were surely brutalized while Gregor was lord and master. The Hound would be happy to not be at court. They could have a very nice life there, openly acknowledging each other and living happily ever after.

She might need to be at Riverrun . . or in the Riverlands in general. OR she might have to stay in the Vale!

Why couldn't they go back to the Clegane lands after UnGregor is dispatched? Sansa would be great at restoring trust in the people that were surely brutalized while Gregor was lord and master. The Hound would be happy to not be at court. They could have a very nice life there, openly acknowledging each other and living happily ever after.

1. Sansa is the oldest Stark at the moment, and a major asset to her House even if she isn't heir. She has to help restore the Starks to their former glory in Winterfell, the North, and the kingdoms. Sorry, but this trumps even San/San for me. The wolves must return!

2. No way in hell does Sansa move to the Westerlands without being surrounded by red cloaks and physically dragged there. And I don't much see the Hound wanting to return to his childhood home, the place of so much trauma and suffering for him, OR Lannister lands, either.

She might need to be at Riverrun . . or in the Riverlands in general. OR she might have to stay in the Vale!

Quite possibly but she doesn't have any real connection there. She didn't know the Blackfish at all. Maybe she knows Edmure, I don't recall. She needs to get out of the Vale asap before Sweetrobin gets creepier on her. (Seriously, I shudder to think what he's going to be like when he hits puberty. There are no girls his age there!)

1. Sansa is the oldest Stark at the moment, and a major asset to her House even if she isn't heir. She has to help restore the Starks to their former glory in Winterfell, the North, and the kingdoms. Sorry, but this trumps even San/San for me. The wolves must return!

2. No way in hell does Sansa move to the Westerlands without being surrounded by red cloaks and physically dragged there. And I don't much see the Hound wanting to return to his childhood home, the place of so much trauma and suffering for him, OR Lannister lands, either.

Siiiiiiggggghhhhhh. You are such a downer. :) I can't argue against either point you made, really. I agree with 1. I do want to see a Stark resurgence, too, and I agree that Sansa would need to be a part of that. Will she need to take up permanent residence in the North, though? I don't think so.

As for 2., I doubt they'll be Lannister lands much longer. I could see why Sandor wouldn't want to live there but after Gregor's gone, he's going to have to deal with the property one way or another.

Archived