Sandor Clegane

Shemy

ICE CROW is back! Welcome back. And behave. lol, as if you could.

Good to see you.

I don't see Jon and Jamie as being emotionally tortured like Sandor is

Not as tortured as Sandor definitely, but that smart ass attitude of Jaime's hides a lot of pain I think. He's finally coming to terms with who he is and what a bitch his sister is, and the consequences of all their actions. I think times are going to be hard for Jaime.

Arya - that's a real tortured soul now. She's just a kid, even by Westerosi standards. A tough girl, definitely a survivor, but wow. I think it will be a long time, maybe never, before she can have any kind of "normal" relationship.

Arya - that's a real tortured soul now. She's just a kid, even by Westerosi standards. A tough girl, definitely a survivor, but wow. I think it will be a long time, maybe never, before she can have any kind of "normal" relationship.

I completely agree! I think that's one reason why the Arya chapters were able to really shed some light on Sandor. They made a good team. An angry tortured team, but a good one nevertheless.

Ned would never have forgiven him for killing Mycah, though.

Ned kinda thought the man was a thug, and every time I read the serpentine scene or the Battle of the Blackwater scene, I imagine poor Ned spinning in his grave. Without Mycah, he might have accepted Sandor as a man at arms in his household, but he would have completely freaked at San/San. And Catelyn... I think she might freak less, but freak she would. Interestingly, I could see Sansa justifying a relationship to herself using Catelyn as role model, since her reaction to LF's TMI about taking her mother's maidenhead was very interesting.

Welcome back, Ice Crow. It is nice to see you here again, if much chastened.

Ned kinda thought the man was a thug, and every time I read the serpentine scene or the Battle of the Blackwater scene, I imagine poor Ned spinning in his grave.

If there was anything that would have sent Ned ballistic, it definitely would have been moments like this!

Sorry, I did answer this question in my failed thread. I forget where I found it but it was an HBO poster with the tagline: A knight is just a sword with a ribbon on it. I love this pic, though!

I seriously can never read this line without thinking of the song about what the Scotsman wears under his kilt. He wakes up after having passed out in a ditch somewhere after a long night of drinking, goes to take a piss, and finds a ribbon tied around his wang.

So do you think they had that original look for the Hound and then changed it? bummer. Not the uh...ribbon...kilt... but rather the short hair.

I would say

Theon

has had it a bit rougher than Sandor at this point.

Not having a dick anymore probably sucks worse than infected thigh wound.

Though thigh-wounds in medieval romance occasionally stand in for emasculation/impotence. That would suck, San/San fans.

Oh, and

Jon, being deaded and stuff, has also had it worse than the Hound.

I'd have to say Jaime's had a comparably shitty experience so far. Though he wasn't broken from the beginning so maybe he is not comparable in this sense. Seriously, Martin really likes to mess people up. Sheesh.

I have to imagine that if the Hound had ever come to be associated with the Stark family, Ned might have eventually come round to accepting the blunt, brutal honesty. Neither of them was much for any BS, and neither was/is interested in playing the game.

I do agree with Miss Hen that Sandor had it ruff rider, but might I add to Littlespiders list....

Bran- literally crippled

Sansa - holy shit

Dany- sorry about your entire life....

Brienne- girl I know it's not easy

Tyrion- sorry your family blows

Arya- you need to talk it out with someone or hug it out.

Tommen- pets a great therapy. Keep it up buddy!

All of the outlaws of BWB - can I blame you?

Most of the backstories of the brothers of the NW- sad times... I would offer you chocolate cake, but it sounds like your gonna have to get real used to starvation soon... So....

Everyone who lives/lived in the riverlands- housing market there is worse than Detroit. And that's pretty bad.

Pretty much any time you think you have it bbad just reRead any chapter from ASOIAF.

You've only been bent. You could never break. ;)

When your right, your right lol. i'm a man of the Watch we never Break.

Thank you Alexia it's good to be back, it's gonna take a lot of reading to get caught up with some of these threads. it's hard to do any kind of reply without having some context.

So do you think they had that original look for the Hound and then changed it? bummer. Not the uh...ribbon...kilt... but rather the short hair.

I'm not so sure those were actual HBO posters, btw. Some of the Russian boarders with a knack for Photoshop were taking pictures of the actors and photoshopping hair, clothes, et cetera and adding in taglines to see what they'd look like in the show during pretty much all of the casting for S1.

I am glad Sandor doesn't have short hair, and he had a combover in the books too!

Found it, the original anyway. Damn. Love that photo! Too bad the HBO poster doesn't seem to be available anymore. I wonder if Rory's hair just grew out naturally curly and nobody had the guts to chase him around with a flatiron.

http://sharetv.org/person/rory_mccann

I think they should have him shave off his beard one day on the show after one of his convos with Sansa. I think it would be hilarious to see evidence of secret primping going on. They will never do it of course but it's still making me laugh.

OH, and by the way, welcome back ICE CROW, you bad much-banned bird! Your signature caw seems a bit subdued ... I hope it wasn't too cold in that ice cell.

Miss Tully I love that pic you linked.

You know that token pix of HBO Sandor (too lazy to link it) .... With the droopy burnt eye. I love that droopy eye. HARD.

I am glad Sandor doesn't have short hair, and he had a combover in the books too!

yeah I noted that combover in the book. Didn't strike me as a bad fashion statement then but when I saw it in the show I thought "ouch."

I'm eventually throwing together some ASOIAF very secret diaries (a la the tolkien ones that came out way back in the day). I have plans for that combover.... :devil:

I would say

Theon

has had it a bit rougher than Sandor at this point.

Not having a dick anymore probably sucks worse than infected thigh wound.

Though thigh-wounds in medieval romance occasionally stand in for emasculation/impotence. That would suck, San/San fans.

Oh, and

Jon, being deaded and stuff, has also had it worse than the Hound.

Don't forget about poor Jeyne Poole...she's been through a living hell, too.

Do you really think Ned wouldn't forgive him for Mycah? Ned understood that duty forces you to do things you don't want, like cutting the head off a Nights Watchman who abandoned the wall even though he had been driven mad. I think Ned wouldn't like him more because he was a Lannister pawn for years, well, that and because he and Sansa were having hot dirty sex anywhere possible. OK, that last bit was Fangurl flaring up, does that sometimes.

Even though my SanSan fangurl flares occasionally, I really don't think they'll end up together. He would still be much better off with Val or a similar character yet to be named, but someone who isn't going to flinch every time he spouts off. I wouldn't be against Sansan hooking up, just to see UnCat's reaction when she hears "Oh, yeah, so I'm still married to the Imp-you know, the one you kidnapped and tried to kill, but I'm really into Sandor. He's got a bangin body, we do it everyday and twice a day on Sundays."

Seriously though, I use to think he would become a warrior for the faith so that he could face Gregor, but I have changed my thinking. Unless he did a complete about face, I don't see him taking any vows that would permanently bind him to the faith. I do still think he will leave the QI to protect and or defend Sansa against UnGregor.

I have started thinking about what Beric Dondorrian said, that the god of R'Hllor still has plans for Sandor. I don't remember the exact quote, but I started thinking about the BWB. I like the idea of him taking Dondorrians place as champion of the little people, booting UnCat out of the club and redeeming the BWB.

Ya I don't think she actually sees the Gravedigger/Hound. I don't have the book in front of me but I am pretty sure she just sees a rather large man in the distance with a limp digging graves, also we see Sandor's horse.

Why couldn't the hound have returned as the mysterious new knight of the king's guard? They say he is about 8 feet tall and has taken a vow of silence till all evil is quenched. Ser Kevin is also skeptical of this new knight. I could be completely wrong, but that's my opinion.

I'm not really convinced with this speculation of a UnGregor showdown. Depends on how it all plays out. By the next book, he should be finding out that Gregor died. If Cersei gets run out of KL, I don't think Tommen will be able to hold the throne. Plus the Tyrells are compromised with Aegon stuff.

If the throne goes empty, there is really no one to care about his past desertion. (and he never took a knight's vows) He may decide to go home to Clegane lands. If Cersei goes to Casterly Rock, she will probably bring the zombie with her. Sandor's lands are in the west near there. That is really the only way their paths might cross for any reason.

I don't believe Sandor would search Ungregor out in KL. Or even Casterly Rock. He doesn't have any motive. If he thinks his brother is dead, he isn't going to want to kill him. He fought Beric and he knew something was up with that. If he discovered the same about Gregor, I don't think he would take him on. He wouldn't win.

Archived