How will you watch the pilot?

Scenario: The series is approved, and the pilot is being broadcast on t.v.

So the pilot is on tonight! Finally, after so many years you get to see something you never thought would happen when you read the books: To see the series unfold on the boob tube. You still remember the prologue vividly thanks to GRRM's excellent prose. You wonder with bated breath if the scenes will match the ones your mind conjured up. What will the Others look like? What about the Wall? Will Waymar Royce be shown as green as he was? Did they remember to CGI Gaered's ears so they look frostbitten? There is a very good chance the pilot will be broadcast in near conjunction with the first episode; in essence the pilot WILL become episode 1.

So how will you go about actually watching it? Get together with a fellow ASOIAF lover, cook your favorite meal, dim down the lights, order a plasma tv?

(Obviously we will all rush here on westeros.org to post our opinions :D )

Well, I can say for sure that all three of my DVRs will be set to record... you know.. just in case! I will probably watch with the hubby... while I try not to spoil it for him by saying... "ooh, watch this part.. it is important!" or "That's Not How It Was in the Book!"

:)

I'll be watching it with my wife (who just recently finished ASoS, funnily enough she got interested in the series AFTER reading the pilot script). I also hope to live blog my reactions on Winter Is Coming.

It would be fun to have a bunch of fans in NYC and borough area get together at a pub with a large screen, major volume and excellent brew... Any New Yorkers out there? Lets plan! :cheers:

I will have to rely on a board meetup, as I am unlikely to have a digital converter, let alone cable, let alone HBO. Right now I live completely oblivious to the concept of television.

On my computer of course... just kidding. Piracy is so bad that Virgin Mary weeps every time you download a film.

Will it be on hulu?

A quick search turns up only sports things from HBO. If it doesn't usually make money off advertising -- making money off subscriptions instead -- would it still make sense for it to let Hulu stream its stuff? I personally don't think so, but then again IANA TV executive.

Hopefully, the BBC will broadcast it or BCC1 or BBC2, which I can get. If HBO broadcasts it earlier I'm downloading it, as HBO is US only I believe.

I wonder when they'll find out that you can't keep the rest of the world waiting anymore, or even worse keep them out completely with stuff like Hulu. Of course if the show ends up being as great as I think it will be, I'll buy the blue-ray set, or something like that.

At a friend's most likely. One that has HBO. The likelihood of my wife and I getting cable TV died when we decided to get DSL internet because it was at least $20 less a month than Comcast.

Hopefully, the BBC will broadcast it or BCC1 or BBC2, which I can get. If HBO broadcasts it earlier I'm downloading it, as HBO is US only I believe.

I wonder when they'll find out that you can't keep the rest of the world waiting anymore, or even worse keep them out completely with stuff like Hulu. Of course if the show ends up being as great as I think it will be, I'll buy the blue-ray set, or something like that.

Your right about making us wait.... but it is changing we only have to wait 3 days for New Lost episodes and the same for many other quality American shows.

Maaaan! I don't live in EEUU. I don't live in UK. And my english is awful, so I think my options are quite limited (sorry if Virgin Mary weeps one week long)

Crap! I had no idea that it was coming out so soon! Will they be replaying it at all any time soon? If not, where can I see it on the internet???

The pilot will air Sep. 29 in UK.

If not, where can I see it on the internet???

I wouldn't recommend that, as the internet might explode in your face if you try doing that.

Archived