Nathan Fillion as Jory

israfel070

Well, in addition to this being a bit of a Mel-Gibson-as-Qhorin-Halfhand sort of casting (i.e. there's no way an actor with Fillion's profile would take such a minor role), someone of Fillion's charisma would be totally wrong for a bean-counter like Jory. Characters you want with Fillionesque qualities would be your Renlys and Berics.

He's way too big an actor for what would inevitably be a tiny role. Also, he's currently on a series so he's not going to be available for any possible role, in fact.

Still, got gotta admit, He looks the part, and could easily do it. It's a great suggestion and too bad the pilot cannot be filmed without equity actors. He's now ineligible, and it's a sad loss. But a great fantasy suggestion nonetheless.

The writing of firefly was great, and had good actors as well... Damn FOX for killing good shows.

He's way too big an actor for what would inevitably be a tiny role. Also, he's currently on a series so he's not going to be available for any possible role, in fact.

Well, in addition to this being a bit of a Mel-Gibson-as-Qhorin-Halfhand sort of casting (i.e. there's no way an actor with Fillion's profile would take such a minor role), someone of Fillion's charisma would be totally wrong for a bean-counter like Jory. Characters you want with Fillionesque qualities would be your Renlys and Berics.

I commented on the casting thread about this -

I've always seen him as Beric truthfully - and I'm not sure how many housewives would appreciate losing to Loras if Captain Reynolds is cast as Renly.

Fillion is more of a Beric for me too. Definitely a larger role than Jory.

eta: Beric isn't that big a role either; if he could get the visa/equity stuff sorted, Fillion might be able to do both at a pinch.

I'm sure Fillion could get around the filming of the show he's on to do a smaller roll. The problem is if he has the U.K. or Irish equity card, and if he can do any accent other than southern/midwestern- although he does great southern/midwestern accents for a Canadian. ;-)

Archived