Hints on Not a Blog

Ran

I'm confused - so he thought the rose line was Romeo's? So he was actually thinking of Romeo - hence Romeo is the clue?

Sorry for being dense, all these clues are scrambling my braining functions. :D

eta - iheartseverus - yeah, I'm not sure what this means now.

I would love that! Much better than Alfie Allen as Theon.

It seems like a good choice for theon. I haven´t seen Alfie Allen or Robert Sheenan in anything, so I can only judge them by looks. But Sheehan is way more like i picture Theon.

But if that is true then all the Alfie Allen clues are red herrings.

The Lily Allen song on his playlist, Alfie being played by a puppy in his sisters musicvideo. Would he really spend so much time setting up Red herrings just to screw with our heads.

Bloody hell, most actors must have played Romeo at some point.

From wikipedia:

A number of famous actors have portrayed the role of Romeo. A small sampling follows.

* Stage

o Master Betty played Romeo at the height of his popularity as a child actor in the early 1800s.

o Johnston Forbes-Robertson had one of his greatest successes as Romeo at the Lyceum Theatre in London in the 1880s.

o Basil Rathbone played Romeo opposite Katharine Cornell on Broadway in 1934.

o Laurence Olivier and John Gielgud alternated the roles of Romeo and Mercutio in a 1935 stage version.

o John Stride had a notable success as Romeo in Franco Zeffirelli's 1960 stage production.

o Timothy Dalton played Romeo in Terry Hand's 1973 stage production for Royal Shakespeare Company.

o Sir Ian McKellen portrayed Romeo in 1976 with The Royal Shakespeare Company, although at 36 he concluded that he was too old for the part[2].

o Sean Bean portrayed Romeo in 1986 with The Royal Shakespeare Company. Niamh Cusack was his Juliet.

o David Tennant Romeo in 2000 with the The Royal Shakespeare Company.

* Film

o Godfrey Tearle portrayed Romeo in a 1908 British black and white film, alongside his wife, Mary Malone, who played Juliet.

o Paul Panzer portrayed Romeo in J. Stuart Blackton's 1908 silent film short, Romeo and Juliet, alongside Florence Lawrence as Juliet.;

o Leslie Howard portrayed Romeo in George Cukor's 1936 Romeo and Juliet (1936 film), alongside Norma Shearer as Juliet.

o Leonard Whiting portrayed Romeo in Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet (1968 film) with Olivia Hussey as Juliet.

o Leonardo DiCaprio portrayed Romeo in Baz Luhrmann's modernized 1996 version, Romeo + Juliet.

There's that Sean Bean connection again!

I love David Tennant, but I can't think what role he'd fill.

Of course there will be many lesser known stage actors who have also played Romeo at some point.

So, someone who played Romeo. Male actor, then, for either Theon, Jaime, or possibly Robb.

The most recent Romeo in a film version (not modern adaptation of the plot) was Leonardo DiCaprio. Which seems... highly unlikely. Or there's Shakespeare in Love where Gwyneth Paltrow played the girl who pretended to be a boy and played Romeo. Also highly unlikely.

Edit: So we're probably looking for stage. Good luck.

Doesn't he have a new show aleady?

You're right, he has... :P

Although Wikipedia says:

Purefoy's early professional roles included Romeo in Romeo and Juliet in Leatherhead, Walter in Mary Morgan at the Riverside Studios and Alan Strang in Equus on tour.

Well, this hint doesn't seem to invalidate either the top speculations for Jaime or Theon, which would indicate that the 6th role is some actor who've played Romeo. If the role is neither Jaime or Theon, with the diversity of the remaining adult male roles - from Robb to Pyrcelle, it's not really much to go on.

I know! Since Jamie and Cersei are supposed to be nearly identical despite the gender difference, and Gwyneth has a history of playing a girl dressed as a man, Gwyneth Paltrow is playing both twins.

The sex scenes will be awesome.

:P

*Spits

HAHAHA!

My brian is broken. So from Ian Mckellen I got the the new prisoner tv show. Hayley Atwell http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2017943/ plays character 4-15, lol which means she would be 4 and 5 lol

I can't wait to see "The Prisoner"

Archived