Ebay listing of GoT

kishkeking

You don't seem to have listed the number on your listing. You should do that.

And yeah, this could be a massive collectible in short order if the series does well...

ETA: Wow. The only copy on ABE is at $2495.

Hmmm.

I have a full matching numbered set Game of Thrones to Feast for Crows. At what point will the full set hit 10,000?

2012 when Game of Thrones wins a dozen Emmys or so?

Thinking aloud when is best time to let it go . . .

I can always keep my lettered set for myself I suppose.

Also: At what point does it necessitate either selling it or keeping it in a temperature and humidity controlled vault? In other words, the books may become so valuable at some point that I simply don't have the resources to properly own and protect them. Kinda like a first edition first printing of Lord of the Rings signed by Tolkien or something. Normal people shouldn't even own these things, they should be in museums. I have my numbered and lettered sets in a Barrister bookcase but it seems woefully inadequate to house something this potentially expensive . . .

Thoughts?

Dennis

Hmmm.

I have a full matching numbered set Game of Thrones to Feast for Crows. At what point will the full set hit 10,000?

2012 when Game of Thrones wins a dozen Emmys or so?

Thinking aloud when is best time to let it go . . .

I can always keep my lettered set for myself I suppose.

Also: At what point does it necessitate either selling it or keeping it in a temperature and humidity controlled vault? In other words, the books may become so valuable at some point that I simply don't have the resources to properly own and protect them. Kinda like a first edition first printing of Lord of the Rings signed by Tolkien or something. Normal people shouldn't even own these things, they should be in museums. I have my numbered and lettered sets in a Barrister bookcase but it seems woefully inadequate to house something this potentially expensive . . .

Thoughts?

Dennis

Give 'em to me and I'll take care of them for ya.

10k for the numbered set is unlikely, btw.

Archived