How hot do you want Melisandre to be?

Andhaira

The woman they casted for Melisandre is weak and feeble. She looks too old to be such a flaming hot enchantress. I like the depiction in the Art of ASoIaF book.

All the characters have been raised in age. The actress is very beautiful, alluring and dangerous. I think she's coming off as a perfect femme fatale. So I don't know what your comment is all about. Old? Weak and feeble? Surely we can't be watching the same programme.

She's very cliché and a weak cast both looks and acting-wise. It also doesn't help that they messed up her script. Stannis even strangles her at one point which just destroys the entire character in one scene, much like how Littlefinger was destroyed in the Cersei puppet show scene (seriously, he's a master at dodging blades, if he wasn't he never would've survived for so long). They should've had someone with the same air of command and badassness as Sigourney Weaver to properly portray the character while possessing the necessary flair and subtlety at the same time, which I know is nigh impossible, but Carice doesn't even get close. Show Melisandre is very bland, unlikable and one-dimensional, almost to the point where you start to think they dumbed down the character on purpose because they knew they wouldn't be able to handle the complexity of the character. It almost feels like you're watching some kind of B Arthur movie where a chick who only gets one role in all her life is playing Morgana, that's how bad it is.

Archived