Interview with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Westeros

“The things he does for love.”

GameOfThrones_Jaime_02_M.jpgOur latest interview is now up! Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Ser Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones, took the time to answer a few questions from us concerning his role in the production. From Jaime’s reasons for being a Kingsguard to just how Coster-Waldau got pulled into the production to begin with, Nikolaj provides some interesting answers.

Read the interview.

Visit the Site!

Wrong nose, wrong hair, wrong color…. Haha, I have had a blast reading the comments.

I laughed at this. I think he is perfect, ripped right outta my head and onto the screen. I even like how his natural accent escapes on occasion.

And yeah - his hair is awesome. I am SO glad the production didn't go with tons of dudes with shoulder length or longer hair - it's fine in the books, but on screen it just screams hair band. The less guys with long hair, the better.

I share Jaime's view that there is an absurd sense of double standards going on with and around Ned Stark.

Yup. Pretty much.

Great interview! NCW is definitely one of my favorites as far as casting goes, and although many have voices that he's not actually "pretty" enough to play Jaime, I actually prefer it that way.

And besides, he's got plenty of charisma to make up for it. (imho)

A very interesting interview. Nikolaj seems to have a good grip of Jaime's inner workings and he sees the character's base as the same as I do, a misunderstood person who gives the world what they want since they won't accept who he is.

It's also good to hear that he could laugh at all the nerd rants about how he doesn't look exactly like the book says. I think most people understand how silly fan complaints can be but I can still imagine that it can bring a negative feel for some actors.

I found this interview in a Norwegian newspaper:

Dansk Hollywood-skuespiller skryter av Aksel Hennie

I've translated some of the text:

Nikolaj has a five year contract with HBO's "Game of Thrones". Whether the planned episodes will be completed depends on the show's success. So far the reports from the US and England have been positive.

- Most of the roles, including my own, change during the series. Nikolaj reveals that Knight Lannister eventually realizes that he has a rather unhealthy love life, and decides to revise it.

I dare not hope for five seasons of GoT. I'll be happy if they decide to do at least three seasons, though (which seems more realistic to me).

EDIT: Fixed broken link

Archived