Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

I personally believe that if Jorah is evil, he's been FM this entire time. Would fit with the distancing from Varys that I quoted yesterday.

Also, like I showed yesterday, Renly was attacking Varys on day 1. Even if he was a symp who was promotable (and might therefore be concerned about distancing), I don't think he'd be going after his FM master like that on the first day of the game.

If Varys is evil, I think Varys + Jorah + promotable symp is the most likely scenario. And Renly doesn't fit as any kind of symp to Varys.

Therefore, under that scenario, Renly looks PI to me.

Add in the fact that Renly is also PI in scenario 2 (where Jorah is the Tracker), and I now have Renly as PI no matter what.

Petyr's reaction to Jorah's claim. He thinks it is unbalanced, yet he still doesn't call out Jorah or vote him.

Good god I've been reading too long. Jorah's claim paragraph didn't register with me and I quoted the thing! :stunned:

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Read Tyrion and I kind of like him too. Whatever.

I haven't devoted much thought to Jorah's claim except that if he's telling it true we are unbalanced. Evil bezeker? Traitor? Evil Bulletproof?

Oy, this game.Sansa.

Baring some epiphany I am open to voting anyone but Cersei.

ETA- Goodnight. See you at lynch.

My main point against Tyrion is that I think he makes a good candidate for Varys's partner, mainly based on his day 2 play pre-reveal. Varys first enters his radar because of the day 1 lynch. He then approves of Cersei making cases on Varys, Drogo, and Eddard, adding that he also wants to look into me. He has already been questioned on this and defended it, but I would like to highlight it again, particularly in context of his later posts. He proceeds to make cases on myself and Dany without voting for or even mentioning any of the three Cersei made cases on which he apparently liked and agreed with.

But these are the posts that I find most interesting. The first two are directed at Varys:

So I understand feeling that Varys was already under pressure from other people, but that is all you have to say to someone who is one of your top suspects?

Tyrion then posts his suspect list:

It's clear why Dany and I are in the top tier, since he made cases on us, but I don't see anything in his posts at the time to indicate while Varys and Eddard are in the top tier while Drogo is down in tier 2. Jaime has also dropped from someone who'd "better give a reason if she [Ros] would turn up innocent" to tier 3 without explanation. Furthermore, Tyrion was just interacting directly with Varys and all he had to say was ‘did you like my case?’. No questions about his votes, no comments about the cases on Varys, no comments about Varys’s responses to those cases, no comments on Varys’s comments on his case, basically no indication that he finds anything suspicious about his game play, and no pressure on Varys.

Hmmm. I still can't see Tyrion as FM partner to Varys. But I could see him as a promotable symp to a Varys + Jorah team, for very similar reasons to why I think Eddard could also fill that role.

Need to check Tyrion's interactions with Jorah.

Petyr's reaction to Jorah's claim. He thinks it is unbalanced, yet he still doesn't call out Jorah or vote him.

So basically Petyr and Jorah had equally inexplicable reactions. They should be voting for each other right now (or at the very least, Petyr should be voting for Jorah and Jorah should be looking for Petyr's FM masters).

But why evil Jorah would clear Renly?

To gain credibility? And because he didn't realize that it would lead me down the path to calling Renly PI in all scenarios.

No offense to Jorah, but he seems like a careless player who is barely invested in this game. If he's evil, I doubt he thought through the ramifications beyond trying to get us off his back.

Just woke up. I have, like, ten minutes, depending on when my ride shows up. I agree that there can't be finder+understudy+tracker in the game, or at least that would mean that Team FM is really fucking scary to face up against those odds. That being said, I'm inclined to lynch neither of them today. The CF result on Varys will either clear Petyr or not, and then we can find out which of him and Jorah's lying.

Not very successfully. :) Moreover, why he claimed tracker out of all roles available?

Anyway, would you agree that lynching him today is like putting all eggs in one basket?

I don't think so. We have a little over 2 hours to go, who are we going to lynch instead? Is there a more viable option? We can always lynch Petyr tomorrow if Varys turns out innocent.

Not very successfully. :) Moreover, why he claimed tracker out of all roles available?

Anyway, would you agree that lynching him today is like putting all eggs in one basket?

I'm trying to weigh all of the options right now.

Its a choice between putting ourselves in a really good position if Petyr is telling the truth (and a really bad position if he's lying), versus the safe play which narrows down the suspect pool and could result in an evil lynch....but also puts us behind if we guess wrong.

Just woke up. I have, like, ten minutes, depending on when my ride shows up. I agree that there can't be finder+understudy+tracker in the game, or at least that would mean that Team FM is really fucking scary to face up against those odds. That being said, I'm inclined to lynch neither of them today. The CF result on Varys will either clear Petyr or not, and then we can find out which of him and Jorah's lying.

Who do you suggest as an alternative? Would have to be one of you (Drogo), Eddard, Tyrion, Jaime, or Syrio.

We have a little over 2 hours to go, who are we going to lynch instead? Is there a more viable option?

I'd prefer Syrio or Eddard and might compromise on Jaime. Or even you. The latter will be also putting egss in one basket, but you are at least roleless if innocent...

Who do you suggest as an alternative? Would have to be one of you (Drogo), Eddard, Tyrion, Jaime, or Syrio.

Well, I don't want to lynch myself, obviously. I have felt pretty decent about Syrio throughout the game. I desperately need to do a reread of him, but I suspect that even after a reread, he'd still be my last choice out of all those options.

I suspect Ned as much as Jorah, so I'd prefer lynching him out of our remaining options. Between Jaime and Tyrion, I'd prefer to lynch Tyrion. He's been, imo, FMishly reasonable and helpful, especially when compared to Jaime's blatant middle of the roading. So it goes Ned > Tyrion > Jaime > Syrio > Me.

Archived