Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Hate to disappoint you (and a few others), but I am not an option for today.

Sansa shouldn't be an option for any day. People need to get past their feelings about her strange behavior, and realize that logic does not indicate that she is evil. At the very worst, she's a symp, and even that is doubtful.

We should not be considering Sansa for a lynch until the very end of the game, and even then she would have to be up against other PI (like me and Renly) to be a good option.

ETA - I really don't want to lose this game because people start to lynch our PI. That would be frustrating as hell.

Last posts from Jaime, Renly, and Syrio -

No, the most suspicious for me was and remains Tyrion! Actually I can't see why everyone's forgotten about him. Jorah's the second, Renly, Drogo and Syrio are in the middle and then there's Eddard.

It's nighttime and I'm going off-line. Good night and good luck!

That was something like 17 hours ago. Jaime should be back by now, to at least check in at some point before the lynch.

Now I have to head off and I'm not going to be near a computer for the next 8 hours. And tomorrow is going to be pretty bad as well; I'm working a double shift. I apologize in advance.

That was approximately 8 hours ago, so Renly should hopefully be near a computer now. Sounds like he's busy today, but maybe he'll stop in before the lynch.

I'm not sure what to make of the others just now, but I need sleep. I will be back before the end of the day.

Should expect Syrio here soon.

I'm in favor of lynching Jorah today. There is no verifying his claim - not today, not anyday unless you are willing to lynch Renly first, which you have said you are not. Jorah has been at the top of the suspect list so at least we eliminate him from the pool. My vote stays.

Thanks to post preview I now see that I appear to be the other lynch option. In my defense, I have been actively chasing FM the entire game and attracting far too much attention for a FM. I certainly was no friend to Varys should he turn up guilty. The best case you have is Cersei's creative theory of promotable symp. My defense is to point you back to my exchanges with Varys and read them yourself.

You are making the choice to lynch an active innocent in favor of an inactive poorly-made claim. If I was FM, I would claim soldier right now. Instead, in the time I have, I'll rely on you to evaluate my play yourself.

It is day 3.

10 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Jorah Mormont (Sansa Stark, Eddard Stark, Cersei Lannister)

2 votes for Eddard Stark (Khal Drogo, Tyrion Lannister)

2 votes for Sansa Stark (Renly Baratheon, Petyr Baelish)

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Jorah Mormont)

2 players have not voted: Jaime Lannister, Syrio Forel.

ETA: and less than 2 hours remaining.

The good (for you all) news! My ride totally slept in, so I am here for another half hour at least. Most excellent.

I'm trying to weigh all of the options right now.

Its a choice between putting ourselves in a really good position if Petyr is telling the truth (and a really bad position if he's lying), versus the safe play which narrows down the suspect pool and could result in an evil lynch....but also puts us behind if we guess wrong.

If we can afford playing it safe, we may as well. After Varys' CF result, we should have enough information to start piecing all the facts together, and hopefully then it'll only be a matter of time. I also can't shake the possibility that the mods set up us against Team Extremely Roled and Beefed Up FM. (Although personally, I'd still think finder+understudy+tracker vs Team BAMF FM is too much.)

Middle of the roading is also suspicious, especially from an inexperienced player.

Don't most inexperienced players middle-road, especially if they're unfamiliar with how we play here? You said it yourself, we fake certainty that we don't feel just for the sake of looking innocent. Jaime's middle-roading (and I can't deny that he's middle-roading) looks genuine as opposed to purposeful to me, and his posts read like a stream of consciousness thing. He sounds more like he's spewing his words than picking them out carefully. Given that, I'd rather count circumstantial evidence, his play, and his actual thoughts against him rather than middle-roading.

You are making the choice to lynch an active innocent in favor of an inactive poorly-made claim.

Activity is, unfortunately, not armor.

I'm back.

Sansa, I have to fight for the access to the Internet in my family%)

Eddard, your question about why I didn't vote against Tyrion before makes me doubt that you've actually read my posts... Or is my English so bad? Because I've already explained the matter, and possibly more then once. Ok, once again: in the first round I've changed my vote from Tyrion to Ros because, as far as I understood from the posts that followed mine, I had to join either those who were against Ros or those against Dany. And I belive Petyr, so my vote against Varys in the 2 round is no surprise.

Jorah, I can ask u the same question as Eddard... Have you actually read my replies?? Or maybe their content didn't really interest you... Too late to look for a new victim, better ignore my answers?..>.< All I can say after this is that ur actions are exactly the ones I've been accusing Tyrion of before...

Now I have a question: a tracker is an innocent side-role? I mean, a mafioso can't have it, right, only an innocent?

Now, Tyrion... Still haven't re-read him. That's what I'm going to do now. After this it's either I'll still feel like he's a mafia or notice something that will lead me to the state of doubts and second thoughts.

and yes, I'm roleless innocent.

Eddard, your question about why I didn't vote against Tyrion before makes me doubt that you've actually read my posts... Or is my English so bad? Because I've already explained the matter, and possibly more then once. Ok, once again: in the first round I've changed my vote from Tyrion to Ros because, as far as I understood from the posts that followed mine, I had to join either those who were against Ros or those against Dany. And I belive Petyr, so my vote against Varys in the 2 round is no surprise.

I mean, why didn't you vote for Tyrion at that time?

Hoster is here... <_<

Question for Eddard:

If Varys turns up innocent, what do you think that says about Jorah?

I want to do some more rereads, but a prereread snapshot of my feelings: I have good gut feelings on Jaime and Drogo. Sansa did stick her head out awfully far on day 2 for an FM. I think Tyrion mostly makes sense as FM as connected to Varys. That leaves Eddard by process of attrition.

I've read the first Tyrion's post and it states this: "Well, actually it's the best role in the show, so you all may envy me... until you all will lynch me, I guess". It made me remember Sansa talking about Jorah's first post, where he's mentioned having a worst possible role, and saying that "talking about roles in the beginning of the game" is not what she feels good about. There was no such comment on Tyrion, though. Although I don't remember if she did a re-read of him...

Eddard, ah so. Em, did I have to? I'm not used to voting in the beginning of the round, especially when I know that I'll be back before the end of the day.

Now I have a question: a tracker is an innocent side-role? I mean, a mafioso can't have it, right, only an innocent?

It's ambivalent role.

Both sides can have it and benefit from it... which, er, raises a question about finder role which is announced as ambivalent also, but evils can't benefit anything from it. They already know all the information a finder might get. So, why evil finder is possible by rules? Why? Is there a twist I can't see?

Evil finder works perfectly in three-sided games, but in two-sided, why to make it possible?

I've read the first Tyrion's post and it states this: "Well, actually it's the best role in the show, so you all may envy me... until you all will lynch me, I guess". It made me remember Sansa talking about Jorah's first post, where he's mentioned having a worst possible role, and saying that "talking about roles in the beginning of the game" is not what she feels good about. There was no such comment on Tyrion, though. Although I don't remember if she did a re-read of him...

I haven't reread him. I don't have him high on my suspect list.

Ok, that was one comment of a whole case on day 2. I was hoping we had left that behind by now. Notice the rest of the case was not trashed and the person I made the case on then is now the top choice.

It's ambivalent role.

Both sides can have it and benefit from it... which, er, raises a question about finder role which is announced as ambivalent also, but evils can't benefit anything from it. They already know all the information a finder might get. So, why evil finder is possible by rules? Why? Is there a twist I can't see?

Evil finder works perfectly in three-sided games, but in two-sided, why to make it possible?

Maybe they can find their promotable symp?

Archived