[ADWD Spoilers] Lord Manderly

Lord Wyman's going to marry Rickon to Wylla. As far as all parties in the north are concerned house Bolton has wed house Stark. Manderly has to marry into the house if he wants to claim a similar authority. Also, Rickon and Wylla will be the most kick-ass couple ever.

Don't know if this has been posted but ..... There is a company in England that makes pies called Frey Bentos lol.

Has Georgey boy had one of these once and enjoyed it so much that he had to iinclude a Frey pie in his books?

Fantastic if he did. Stunning coincidence if not.

Unfortunately it's spelt Fray, not Frey, but yes strange coincidence.

Manderly was a hero in ADWD. Brilliant how he's portrayed as a fat, useless imbecile when he's actually full of cunning. A true north man and he is clearly going to have an important part to play with Rickon and the war with Stannis.

• 4 months later...

Lord Wyman's going to marry Rickon to Wylla. As far as all parties in the north are concerned house Bolton has wed house Stark. Manderly has to marry into the house if he wants to claim a similar authority. Also, Rickon and Wylla will be the most kick-ass couple ever.

I hadn't thought of them joining houses when this is all over but that sounds cool, and somewhat likely. WM is definitely a badass. I also liked someone's comment about elevating house manderly if this ploy is successfull. Wyman Manderly for Hand to the King in the North!

I hadn't thought of them joining houses when this is all over but that sounds cool, and somewhat likely. WM is definitely a badass. I also liked someone's comment about elevating house manderly if this ploy is successfull. Wyman Manderly for Hand to the King in the North!

And Brynden Tully reinstated as Warden of the Southern Marches.

OK, House Words are great but a song in honor of your famous deed is even greater. Tywin had his 'Rains of Castamere', the Rat King had one as well, the Bear in the fair has his song shouted in every corner of the 7K, even Cat's brother has a song written in his honor (The Flaccid Fish?) So why not one for our Lord Wyman Manderly?

I'll start:

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

Pigeons are nice,

But Freys are a must.

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

The Boltons may glance,

But Freys are a must.

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

My craving is dirty,

But Freys are a must.

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

Three chins were the price,

But Freys are a must.

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

I fear not the Hosteens,

For Freys are a must.

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

It's goodly, it's tasty,

So Freys are a must!

Freys in the filling,

Freys in the crust.

There's always room,

For Freys in my mouth.

Feel free to add more stanzas. ;)

Dunno, "Pie is coming" possibly?

It's nice to see that Roose knows that Manderly is ploting against him, but he doesn't know exactly what he is ploting, and you know he's thinking that over even as he's chomping on his delicious Frey pie.

the North remembers indeed.

The next course is coming.

Dessert is coming.

I fear for our dear Wyman. Slicing through 3 of one's 4 chins is often fatal in any age.

As for the house joining... I would welcome that. I have a terrible feeling that poor Rickon shant be making it back to Westeros.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Davos chapters were my favorite, and really showed White Harbor as a Northern Powerhouse. Both Tywin Lannister and Stannis Baratheon gunning for her loyalty and Wyman dealing like a boss the whole way. A dozen petty lords and a hundred landed knights?!?! Wyman is like A Northern Doran Martell, so hungry for vengeance and waiting to commit all that strength at just the right time....

Archived