CHICAGO AREA BwB

For what it is worth, I'm completely out of weekends one and two in February, and likely four as well. I'm doing a Middleman marathon on 1, have Capricon on 2, and I believe a friend has scheduled a Walking Dead marathon for 4. Busy month.

In the absence of a solid proposal let me put forth a 3 or 4PM time at the Elephant and Castle and 185 N. Wabash, as per last time on January 28. Who would be game for that?

Ironically, the last time I got together with a couple of other BWBers, we went to Elephant and Castle...and I think it was the Wabash location...

I have to nail down the times, but if anyone cares, I'll be at Goose Island on the 12th unless something blows up in my face...it's an early afternoon meeting, so maybe something in the mid afternoon?

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd mention two things going on in the Chicagoland area this weekend in case any of you didn't know about them but might be interested.

The RT Booklovers Convention is going on this week/end at the Hyatt Regency out by O'Hare. This convention used to be primarily geared towards romance readers. However in recent years they have shifted the focus to include many more genre authors with a lot of urban fantasy/paranormal authors making appearances. The convention itself is insanely expensive and certainly makes cons like WorldCon look like relative bargains in comparison. However they do have a giant book fair on Saturday where all the authors attending are lined up at tables autographing their books. You can bring your own copies or purchase books at the fair. The cost to attend the book fair is only $5. You can check out the list of authors appearing in the link below but some that will be there include Robin Hobb, Charlaine Harris, and Anne Rice.

http://www.rtconvention.com/2012-giant-book-fair

Also this weekend is the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo at McCormick Place. Lots of stuff for comic, movie, and tv show fans as well as a few book related panels. Quite a few authors will be traveling between the RT Booklovers Convention and C2E2 except its a lot more reasonably priced to hear them at this con. So panels with Charlaine Harris and Anne Rice and other ubran fantasy/paranormal authors.

http://c2e2.com/

I'll be attending both cons.

• 1 month later...

Archived