Taena of Myr/Lady Merryweather: a double agent?

uncle fester

Taena is deffinitely one sexy undercover agent I think she is eorking with doran but I think varys , LF or I even wonder if euron was her pirate lover.cercie took her into her confidence fast and is gonna with no friends an surrounded by enemies.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I loved her character. And I was thinking...

Every time Cersei tells her to bring her son to court, to be privy with the young king (which would be a crazy advance for her family station!), she just change the subject.

1. She is really smart! A true survivor. Refusing such juicy offer that would make her son a hostage and stuck her with being a Cersei loyalist.

2. Hm... what if her son is ALREADY a hostage of a certain lord who have an interest in Cersei's moves and a whole palace of gardens and fountains populated by so many children that no one would notice one who looks un-dornish. ;-)

I can totaly see the Water Gardens being a place where we would already have seen the young Merryweather, but didn't noticed.

As a variation, remember that the ironborn have also went way up the Mander recently, and Longtable, house Merryweather seat, is right there at the Mander.

A spy is cool, an unwilling spy can be just as interesting.

• 3 months later...

I've probably had it wrong the whole time but I always thought that this line in Maggy's prophecy referred to Taena and not Margaery Tyrell:

Maggy: "Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Ya i like this way of thinking.Other then that she seems more like someone LF would use then Varys.Think LF would get a great kick out of fooling Cersei so completely and easily.But then whats the deal with Orton?If their son is already hostage to someone else he doesnt strike me as being the best under pressure and i could see him breaking easily so i dont think he is in on his wifes plotting..Id say she just wanted to keep her son out of it.

I agree, Varys doesn't need Taena to be his spy. He has the little birds that Kevan Lannister finally encountered in ADWD, and he has his own secret identities such as Rugen, so there's no reason for him to have someone like Taena as another spy, especially one who could speak and betray him.

Reading through AFFC again and while it's obvious that Taena is trying to get into Cersei's good books, you have to wonder if she's playing a slightly more complex game. She tells Cersei that one of her maids is Margie's spy but is she eliminating one spy to get another, better placed one whom Cersei will trust with secrets?

The fact that the Merryweathers leg it later can be taken either way as their potential protector Margie is also under trial.

Great character though isn't she? Bet GRRM had fun writing her. :thumbsup:

I always thought she was a Tyrell mole.

Would LF have spies in high places? It's a mirror of sorts of Varys having his little birds. How about Dorne? Didn't Oberyn spend time in Myr while on his various travels? Who else? Highgarden may be another but.... I'm not sure.

Now that Dany knows there was a spy in her midst, could she.....? Who would broker that deal for her? Iiiyrio? That's out on a limb.

Could you rule out Jon Connington seeking to find out what's going on in KL? If Auranne Waters has taken the ships.... It's coincidental, for sure, but.... Is it? First one, then the other.....?

Archived