Women with curves vs. Slim Women

Lady Winter Rose

I think that, purely as a descriptor, 'cute' is very rarely applied to tall women. (I do think it's occasionally applied to tall men. Tycho is definitely not short, but I can see him being slapped with the 'cute' label.) IMO, when talking about someone's appearance and not just the broad cute/not cute divide, there's something "lesser" or somewhat "childish" about being called cute.* I also think there's a certain attitude of: doll-like, child-like, small, needing to be coddled/protected...

Cuteness, for me at least, depends for a large part on face and attitude. There's some kind of divide between hot ("You could be loathsome, but I wanna have sex with you") and cute ("I think I really like you and I want to get to know you").

That said, there's also a kind of cute reserved for kids, but that's generally not applied to the dating-pool. Or, you know, members of the opposite sex in your age-group. I do think some kind of age-standard is implied. I wouldn't consider someone in their fourties cute. That would feel odd, somehow.

Cuteness, for me at least, depends for a large part on face and attitude. There's some kind of divide between hot ("You could be loathsome, but I wanna have sex with you") and cute ("I think I really like you and I want to get to know you").

So cuteness is a different degree of attraction for you than pure sexiness? Is that true for many people?

That said, there's also a kind of cute reserved for kids, but that's generally not applied to the dating-pool. Or, you know, members of the opposite sex in your age-group. I do think some kind of age-standard is implied. I wouldn't consider someone in their fourties cute. That would feel odd, somehow.

A grandfather I know was recently called "cute" by a young Dutchwoman for being a North American speaking Dutch in the Netherlands. :) I don't think she considered him part of her dating pool, mind you.

So cuteness is a different degree of attraction for you than pure sexiness? Is that true for many people?

I really don't know. Maybe I'm weird. I have heard similar statements amongst my friends.

A grandfather I know was recently called "cute" by a young Dutchwoman for being a North American speaking Dutch in the Netherlands. :) I don't think she considered him part of her dating pool, mind you.

Well, you never know. There's no accounting for taste ;)

Archived