Timeline of the novels

rulandor

Some weeks ago I printed a detailed timeline of events in the novels from this forum.

This timeline ran through to the end of AFFC. Now that we have A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, which partially happens parallel to AFFC, has anybody undertaken to produce an updated timeline for all the events in the five novels? Or is undertaking this enormous effort just now?

I have always wondered this too. It seems events basically just continually happen. I don't think theres has ever been a "five years later" done in this story.

At the same time though, while unspoken, time must be going by pretty good. I mean just in Game of Thrones alone, Tyrion goes from Winterfell, to the Wall, back to Winterfell, to the Eeyrie, back to the Lannister camp.

I think it was said the hike from Kings Landing to Winterfell alone was something like 20-30 days march, so I imagine by now years have definitely gone by.

Based on the detailed timeline posted previously (by Errant Bard, I believe), roughly 2.5 years have passed between the start of AGoT (in 298 AL) and the end of AFFC (in late 300/early 301 AL, varying by character). ADWD presumably takes us much further into 301 AL, making it closer to 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the detailed timeline posted previously (by Errant Bard, I believe), roughly 2.5 years have passed between the start of AGoT (in 298 AL) and the end of AFFC (in late 300/early 301 AL, varying by character). ADWD presumably takes us much further into 301 AL, making it closer to 3 years.

Unfortunately by the end of ADWD we still don't know the sex of Roslin Frey's baby. Making me think it hasn't been born yet. Thus less than 9 months since the Red Wedding:(

Archived