Sandor Clegane 4

He won't... Sandor Clegane is stuck with that killer reputation for all eternity. Now, he might escape official justice for it based on Sansa's intervention (if she becomes queen or gets Riverrun, Winterfell, or the Vale) but he will forever be the Butcher of Saltpans.

He won't... Sandor Clegane is stuck with that killer reputation for all eternity. Now, he might escape official justice for it based on Sansa's intervention (if she becomes queen or gets Riverrun, Winterfell, or the Vale) but he will forever be the Butcher of Saltpans.

This is a good point. Given the power of the new High Septon, and the possibility of a power change in KL (which means that no one will care that he deserted the Kingsguard), EB maybe able to get him an official pardon. But will it be believed by the people at large?

Hi Ya’ll! This is my very first post! So exciting!

I wanted to add something with regards to the prophecies that were being discussed at the end of SC 3 and now the topic has sort of been dropped, so sorry for bringing it up again, but

I subscribe to the belief that the conversation at the end of GoT between Dany and Mirri Maz Duur re: when will Drogo be as he was, was actually a set of circumstances that must occur and not just a dick-y way of saying “never.”

“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child.”

Some of these things seem to have occurred in ADWD and others not. Maybe there is a different explanation for the line I italicized, or maybe it means nothing at all. But, taken with the “and later I dreamt that same maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow” AND the fact that Sansa was thinking about pushing Joffery off the battlements in GoT before Sandor positioned himself between them (when Joffery was making her look at her father’s head), I think that there might be a connection here.

Or maybe I am just spending waaaaay too much time thinking about it 

Also, to keep it on topic, I think Sandor will be there too!! Who knows what will happen, I just wanted to throw in my two cents! And it took a little while for my registration to go through, so again, sorry to revive a kind of dead topic.

Hi Ya’ll! This is my very first post! So exciting!

I wanted to add something with regards to the prophecies that were being discussed at the end of SC 3 and now the topic has sort of been dropped, so sorry for bringing it up again, but

I subscribe to the belief that the conversation at the end of GoT between Dany and Mirri Maz Duur re: when will Drogo be as he was, was actually a set of circumstances that must occur and not just a dick-y way of saying “never.”

“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child.”

Some of these things seem to have occurred in ADWD and others not. Maybe there is a different explanation for the line I italicized, or maybe it means nothing at all. But, taken with the “and later I dreamt that same maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow” AND the fact that Sansa was thinking about pushing Joffery off the battlements in GoT before Sandor positioned himself between them (when Joffery was making her look at her father’s head), I think that there might be a connection here.

Or maybe I am just spending waaaaay too much time thinking about it 

Also, to keep it on topic, I think Sandor will be there too!! Who knows what will happen, I just wanted to throw in my two cents! And it took a little while for my registration to go through, so again, sorry to revive a kind of dead topic.

Don't worry, the topic of San/San is the ultimate dead topic there is! But, we stick at it until GRRM publishes TWOW. Welcome to the board! and you must be a San/San shipper to make this your first port of call :)

I do wonder if the idea of The Hound and Sandor Clegane will become seperated from each other in the Riverlands, as the helm of The Hound passes from person to person.....my bets are on Brienne becoming the next Hound.

Hmmm, "the Hound" is now a legend, more bad than good, but this would be interesting if Brienne took on the legend to do some good and find Sansa, although I tend to think that quest is over. But this would be a really cool way to redeem the Hound :)

I do wonder if the idea of The Hound and Sandor Clegane will become seperated from each other in the Riverlands, as the helm of The Hound passes from person to person.....my bets are on Brienne becoming the next Hound.

I dunno about Brienne, but I like this general idea!

Ooops, I thought I had italicized “mountains blow in the wind like leaves”. My bad.

brashcandy- I totally totally am :)

Someone brought up in another thread that this might very likely refer to Gregor dying by fire and his ashes scattering in the wind. Not my idea but I can't remember who came up with this.

I think Sandor threads get axed when they get too chatty, off-topic (though we did have that "miscellany" in the title, hmmm), or primarily discuss stuff that should be in other forums. (Off-topic: we could designate all Rory drooling to the already established "hotty" thread in the GoT show forum.)

Is there some kind of prohibition against cursing? I had assumed not since I've seen other posters employ it. But if so I will tone that shiz the frak down.

ETA: my question about how many Hound-fans are also dog lovers that I posed last night was meant in all seriousness. I am pretty curious about this. (And I would be bummed if the term "Hound" in Westeros came to be associated with bad, bad things.)

There is no prohibition against cursing. I am pretty sure that it was closed down because 1) the pictures that were being passed through, and 2) it was becoming very chatty. So probably a good idea to keep sustained Rory drooling in another thread, and perhaps keep it classier (although I was enjoying it all).

And agreed about the F-word, don't do that guys!

Archived