November 18th in Edinburgh

Angalin

Just to say I much enjoyed this - it was great to meet Angalin :grouphug: and Wee Birdie, and to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a long while - mormont, needle, zak, tenalpia, zollo. :) I especially enjoyed the conversation about the GoT television series with zak and zollo.

Thank you all: I definitely forgot about work for a while, and Edinburgh was beautiful in the sun on Saturday morning, too. Angalin: hope you're enjoying London, or wherever you now are on your amazingly (mad) itinerary!

I'm finally back home and have caught up on my sleep (almost).

I really enjoyed meeting everyone, thank you for being so welcoming!

Can't wait to be back up in Edinburgh again, it's such a beautiful city.

Hope everyone got home/to their next destinations safely

see you all again soon!

An unfortunate encounter with a hotel window aside*, I certainly had a really nice time also: so nice to meet Ang in person, to meet Wee_Birdie for the first time, and to catch up with the rest of you. I'll not leave it so long to come down next time. :) The random conversation with the poor guys whose table we colonised at the Barony was funny, zollo's Movember contribution was a sterling effort, and the weather was actually pretty good for November in Scotland...

* the hotel room window was on the other side of a sliding door. I went to close it while drunk, noticed too late that the sliding door did not have a handle on the inside, and wound up trapped in the window space. Luckily I still had my phone, and Ang came back and rescued me.

Just to say I much enjoyed this - it was great to meet Angalin :grouphug: and Wee Birdie, and to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a long while - mormont, needle, zak, tenalpia, zollo. :) I especially enjoyed the conversation about the GoT television series with zak and zollo.

Thank you all: I definitely forgot about work for a while, and Edinburgh was beautiful in the sun on Saturday morning, too. Angalin: hope you're enjoying London, or wherever you now are on your amazingly (mad) itinerary!

Soph - am now home and still coming down from the buzz! Was lovely to meet you too :grouphug: and I think I sent you a text Saturday afternoon, but I'm not sure it went to the right number. The only problem for me with so many places and people was that when I stopped for a couple of hours, I got the shakes. ;) If you're on Facebook, I have a picture of you.

I'm finally back home and have caught up on my sleep (almost).

I really enjoyed meeting everyone, thank you for being so welcoming!

Can't wait to be back up in Edinburgh again, it's such a beautiful city.

Hope everyone got home/to their next destinations safely

see you all again soon!

I really enjoyed meeting you - let me know what you decide about the degree! Glad you got some sleep at last. And ditto on the picture.

An unfortunate encounter with a hotel window aside*, I certainly had a really nice time also: so nice to meet Ang in person, to meet Wee_Birdie for the first time, and to catch up with the rest of you. I'll not leave it so long to come down next time. :) The random conversation with the poor guys whose table we colonised at the Barony was funny, zollo's Movember contribution was a sterling effort, and the weather was actually pretty good for November in Scotland...

* the hotel room window was on the other side of a sliding door. I went to close it while drunk, noticed too late that the sliding door did not have a handle on the inside, and wound up trapped in the window space. Luckily I still had my phone, and Ang came back and rescued me.

The guys whose table we colonised (hey, it's not like they had a flag!) thought I was French, so they were pretty confused all along. :P And mormont repaid me kindly with a tour of the Royal Mile the next morning before I caught my train.

Edinburgh kicked off an incredibly happy week for me, and the city and the people were so much fun that I will be back next trip (you have been warned). And by then my mother will be less likely to say, "You went to meet people from the INTERNET?!" the next day - although a friend later in the trip said "I don't know why she was worried about you; I'd have been worried about them."

Archived