The Martells

Knepah

I think Nat Dormer is a perfect example of how easily one can fool one. She is around 30 or so, but plays a 17 year old, and totally looks like a teen or max 23.

As long as they don't age them up senselessly, I don't mind. But they cannot age up Aegon too much, as he can only be 18. Illyrio didn't plan to create an Aegon before the real one died :lol:

In your opinon what is, or what are the best speaking scenes of Quentyn Martel in all his story line?

As you know i am working on the character to submit my audition tape but i have to choose a scene and there are few ones.

Is there any scenes in your mind that sum up the essence of the character?

Thanks

So you wanna play a character tons of people love and openly admit you don't know about him? Good luck :'D

But if you wanna submit a scene, or two, take the proposal to Daenerys and the aftermath of her flight from Meereen, moments before he enters the dragon's den.

So you wanna play a character tons of people love and openly admit you don't know about him? Good luck :'D

But if you wanna submit a scene, or two, take the proposal to Daenerys and the aftermath of her flight from Meereen, moments before he enters the dragon's den.

Thank you for your opinion. I am still reading the books and i have not reached Quentyn Martell's story line. It's not a problem as an actor you just need the right informations to study the character :D I have checked a lot about him, so i know how it starts and how it ends, i will catch everything as i am going to read the books before my self taped audition, no worries, i do respect the material and the character.

Why not read only his chapters and after that the Dornish chapters?

You don't need Daenerys' chapters from adwd, except maybe the three last ones where he is in it. All the other chapters are irrelevant to Quentyn ;)

Is there a picture of you, how you look as Quentyn?

I am planning on reading only Quentyn's chapters first, just to be as accurate and as nurtured as possible then i'll go back and read the hole book but i appreciate your advices, even the support, just to be heard and read is really helpful.

For now i do not have good headshots, especially that i have a beard which makes me look older ( around 26-30) i have to shave and make myself ready for a clean headshot. Send me your e-mail by PM i will send you what i have and would love your opinion (no worries i am a professionnal actor, so i'll not get offended if you think i am not right.).

I am planning on reading only Quentyn's chapters first, just to be as accurate and as nurtured as possible then i'll go back and read the hole book but i appreciate your advices, even the support, just to be heard and read is really helpful.

For now i do not have good headshots, especially that i have a beard which makes me look older ( around 26-30) i have to shave and make myself ready for a clean headshot. Send me your e-mail by PM i will send you what i have and would love your opinion (no worries i am a professionnal actor, so i'll not get offended if you think i am not right.).

If I was you I would read Adam Feldman's essays on the Quentyn, the rest of the Martells and maybe the ones about Dany as well.

http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/water-gardens-and-blood-oranges-part-iii-quentyns-duty-and-destiny/

It gives a good overview of the situation he finds himself in and the conflicts he faces in the book.

These are full of spoilers though as they examine the text.

If I was you I would read Adam Feldman's essays on the Quentyn, the rest of the Martells and maybe the ones about Dany as well.

http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/water-gardens-and-blood-oranges-part-iii-quentyns-duty-and-destiny/

It gives a good overview of the situation he finds himself in and the conflicts he faces in the book.

Thanks, i do appreciate. I will check on that too. Auditioning is a very tricky part, you do not want to have too much in your head, but it's exciting to give it a try.

Yeah, she's not playing a 17 year old on the show.

I think, for my part, that she always looks quite mature -- even on the Tudors (7 years ago), I think she "looked her age" (25 in that case). That said, I suspect she may be one of those people who will basically look the same into their 40s, which is a gift in its own right.

Are there any essays on Victarion?

I couldn't disagree with that more. She looks like she is at least 23.

Yeah, she's not playing a 17 year old on the show.

I think, for my part, that she always looks quite mature -- even on the Tudors (7 years ago), I think she "looked her age" (25 in that case). That said, I suspect she may be one of those people who will basically look the same into their 40s, which is a gift in its own right.

Well to me she didn't look that much older than her early twenties. Where I come from, people look like this when they are around 17-25...

But I agree that she certainly has a gift, I mean she does not at all look like 32

Hey Jet199,

Thanks again, i have checked the website it's an amazing work about Quentyn's character. Let's help Halb too, any websites or fan page about Victarion or Euron Greyjoy's character?

• 1 month later...

I would kill to have Tyler Posey as Trysane Martell, he's just got the sweetheart appeal down in my eyes.

Then Edward James Olmos for Doran Martell - he has a gravitas that I think balances out Pedro's much more free-spirited Oberyn and gives me all the "grass that hides the viper" feelings.

I already mentioned Diane Guerrero in the Arianne Martell thread, and I especially love her for having the combo of petite and fierce down pat.

If they ever cast Quentyn Martell, then I'm good with Diego Boneta. Maybe he's too pretty, but that's never stopped them before.

The sand snakes are much harder for me to think of right off the bat, but I do think Janina Gavankar could do well as Lady Nym, given that she can be mixed. She's too old to play Pedro Pascal's daughter, but I don't know that anyone pays attention to that. Maybe Q'orianka Kilcher for Obara (or literally anyone - I can't get enough of her). Tyene is the hardest because the number of blonde latina actresses who could believably be related to Pedro Pascal is slim. Alexa Vega looks good blonde, though, and I'd love to see her do more.

I like either Amber Rose Revah or Dianne Guerrero for Arianne. Or Emmanuelle Chriqui, Gabriella Wright, Inma Cuesta (althought I like her better for Nymeria), Priyanka Chopra, Aiysha Hart, or Catalina Sandino Moreno.

For Doran Martell: Alexander Siddig, Damian Alcazar, Sasson Gabai, Javier Bardem, Stewart Scudamore, Rade Serbedzija, Edward James Olmos, Demian Bichir Erick Avari, Ben Kingsley, Ghassan Massoud, Cliff Simon, Vince Colosimo, or Jeremy Irons.

For Trystane / Quentyn: Rami Malek, Avan Jogia, Robert Sheehan, Christian Antidormi, Rafi Gavron, Kostja Ullman, Tom Hobbs, Pana Hema Taylor

And for the Sand Snakes:

NYMERIA

Inma Cuesta

Jessica Clark

Janina Gavankar

Cansu Dere

Aiysha Hart

Amber Rose Revah

Mirelly Taylor

Priyank Chopra

Moran Atias

OBARA