DC, 1/6/12, 930 Club, Nerdist live show, interested?

Fez

Details here. Tickets are $25 though I dunno how long it'll be till they sell out which is why I'm posting this now. For those who don't know, Nerdist is a podcast hosted by Chris Hardwick. A man I never found very funny on TV but is hilarious in this form where there are no restrictions. The show is usually him, his two friends, and a differently fairly famous person each week just talking, doing stand-up routines, taking Q&As, etc. and are funny and (as the name suggests) fairly nerdy (at a live show last year Adam Savage of Mythbusters did a stand-up routine for the first time ever and it was hilarious). Although they usually record in a record studio in LA they occasionally do live shows instead and since I'm a fan I want to go.

Anyone else interested?

Definitely - just bought a ticket.

This looks to me like the kind of thing that is going to back fast, so I would buy tickets ASAP, people.

fridays are hard for me. i open the restaurant on saturdays and that has me up about 4:30am. and i am old (possibly lame.) my bedtime is nearing showtime of 8:00pm. i will not count it out, but it is not super likely.

as far as my wife she would be in the same boat. she does not want me to have to pay for parking so she drives me into work on saturdays (seeing as she is the best wife ever.)

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am about 80% for landing in DC / Southern MD for the next 4 years of my life starting in August/September. Can't wait to get back in on these events!

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am about 80% for landing in DC / Southern MD for the next 4 years of my life starting in August/September. Can't wait to get back in on these events!

i am about 32.7% excited for this. i expect this number to rise to 93% once you are 100% to land here. the 7% discount of excitement is because i have limits to how excited i get for having another dude in DC. ;)

Isabella, 10??? that is ridiculous. Online sales should really mean paying less not more! Imagine if ticketmaster used to charge you a fee and called it "paying for this fat bastard to sit here all day and have a job printing tickets"

i am about 32.7% excited for this. i expect this number to rise to 93% once you are 100% to land here. the 7% discount of excitement is because i have limits to how excited i get for having another dude in DC. ;)

Just went to 95% as I accepted a job. Calvert County though, I'm gonna be very provincial.

I agree that the $10 in extra fees is pretty much bullshit.

So anyone want to meet up at Duffy's Irish Pub beforehand? It's at the corner of Florida and Vermont, so just NW of 9:30 Club. Or we could do Ben's, or wherever, but I'm sort of partial to Duffy's because I believe you can see how busy 9:30 Club is getting and get an idea of when you need to head over from there.

Guest Raidne

Okay, I'll be at Duffy's by 6:30pm. Any BwB folk - going to the show or not - please feel free to attend. If you are new and are worried about finding people, feel free to send me a PM and I'll exchange info with you. Or just look for the girl with the curly blond hair and brown knee high boots that's hanging out with the poor man's Matt Damon. :)

Archived