brashcandy

Returning briefly from hiatus to voice my support for STRANGERSAN, my preferred ship for the Hound. Interspecies bromance wins.

Listen to Ice crow for he is wise.

::celebratory dance::

Re: Sandor and the gods, I'm not sure he's mad at the gods. I think he's more mad at society and the conventions that allowed someone like Gregor to flourish.

But that could be my own godless reading.

Yay! yOU're back. Did you get my queries about the Romance of the Rose?

I just got it; am working on it but it's finals week. If I don't get back to you pm me again.

::celebratory dance::

Re: Sandor and the gods, I'm not sure he's mad at the gods. I think he's more mad at society and the conventions that allowed someone like Gregor to flourish.

But that could be my own godless reading.

Yes, I agree with the societal read. I'm also reminded of the type of "atheist" who hates god(s)/ess(es) for not existing, or for not participating more directly and/or positively in said "atheist's" life. This faux-atheist is kind of a dumbass, fo sho, and also tends to be rather angry. I'm sure Sandor was fully informed of the extent of his dumb-assitude by Elder Brother.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall spider on the tree for that conversation.

So, let's bring the thread back around to Sandor, shall we :)

Since Stranger was never gelded on the Quiet Isle, I think it's safe to say that whilst Sandor will be coming back reformed, he won't have lost that essential snarky attitude we know and love. I'm curious about just how he was living before he was captured by the BWB though... Did we get any hints from the books? I know he was out drinking, but was he whoring as well? Or just keeping to himself?

And welcome back, Littlespider!!!

Since Stranger was never gelded on the Quiet Isle, I think it's safe to say that whilst Sandor will be coming back reformed, he won't have lost that essential snarky attitude we know and love. I'm curious about just how he was living before he was captured by the BWB though... Did we get any hints from the books? I know he was out drinking, but was he whoring as well? Or just keeping to himself?

This is honestly one of the biggest questions I have.

I could totally see him just wandering around aimlessly drunk. Probably a bit of whoring. Some man-tears.

Sleeping under bushes when he couldn't be bothered to find an inn.

Yeah, yeah, Sandor is interesting, but one last comment on Crow:

He may very well be Azor Ahai. That is all.

Brash, I suspect the interval between fleeing KL and the BWB capture consisted mainly of drinking, passing out, buying more drink, drinking, passing out, and generally being kind of pathetic. Stranger would have been doing lots of facepalming, if he didn't have hooves.

Then again, he couldn't have just been passed out all the time, or he would have gotten snagged by the BWB or other parties earlier, I'd think. But I also suspect that he wasn't spending all that time in towns or cities (besides stopping in to pick up booze) or else we would have heard word of him prior to his capture. But it's a good question.

ETA ditto headtrip honey: lots of man tears. Stranger is especially disapproving of this, of course.

I always pictured him riding around aimlessly, swaying drunkenly atop Stranger, a wineskin in one hand that he waves around a lot as he alternates between crying, bouts of drunken singing, and giving impassioned but incomprehensible rants to thin air, which usually include the words/phrases "knights", "bloody", "fuck yer sers", and "bugger".

Probably not accurate, but whatever, it's mah headcanon.

I always pictured him riding around aimlessly, swaying drunkenly atop Stranger, a wineskin in one hand that he waves around a lot as he alternates between crying, bouts of drunken singing, and giving impassioned but incomprehensible rants to thin air, which usually include the words/phrases "knights", "bloody", "fuck yer sers", and "bugger".

Probably not accurate, but whatever, it's mah headcanon.

All the while Stranger is giving him as much side eye as a horse can side eye.

Also, "accidentally" stepping on him should Sandor happen to fall off in his drunken stupor.

Yeah, yeah, Sandor is interesting, but one last comment on Crow:

He may very well be Azor Ahai. That is all.

This is why we've missed you :)

Brash, I suspect the interval between fleeing KL and the BWB capture consisted mainly of drinking, passing out, buying more drink, drinking, passing out, and generally being kind of pathetic. Stranger would have been doing lots of facepalming, if he didn't have hooves.

Then again, he couldn't have just been passed out all the time, or he would have gotten snagged by the BWB or other parties earlier, I'd think. But I also suspect that he wasn't spending all that time in towns or cities (besides stopping in to pick up booze) or else we would have heard word of him prior to his capture. But it's a good question.

ETA ditto headtrip honey: lots of man tears. Stranger is especially disapproving of this, of course.

I agree with you and headtrip honey - lots of drinking, long nights filled with thinking perhaps? ... or maybe he drinks so he won't have to think and therefore regret. The whoring thing is neither here nor there, but I do think you're right that he would have been avoiding towns where he could be spotted.

Well I'm sure he was no angel. :devil:

Or maybe I just love that devil smiley too much. 0-0

Man tears and public intoxication for sure! He probably cried better than the best of us. Are we talking pre-Saltpans then? Because he wouldn't have necessarily had to been staying away from towns. I got the impression he was spending the hell out of his gold.

I wonder about why Sandor hasn't got any friends in KL.

He is a very good warrior, he spent a lot of his time during the war expedition, he fought as well, maybe - from time to time- he saved the lives of another knights... guys, this is the best way to get a lots of friends as I know :) So, why he is so alone (or: lonely?)? cause of his character?

He is a very good warrior, he spent a lot of his time during the war expedition, he fought as well, maybe - from time to time- he saved the lives of another knights... guys, this is the best way to get a lots of friends as I know :) So, why he is so alone? cause of his character?

Sandor has many talents - making friends isn't one of them. :)

He is a very good warrior, he spent a lot of his time during the war expedition, he fought as well, maybe - from time to time- he saved the lives of another knights... guys, this is the best way to get a lots of friends as I know :) So, why he is so alone? cause of his character?

Who could resist his sparkly personality? :)

He has Stranger and his kennel in KL. So he is not totally friendless and probably prefers it that way.

Sandor has many talents - making friends isn't one of them. :)

ROTFL :D

It is known :D

Who could resist his sparkly personality? :)

He has Stranger and his kennel in KL. So he is not totally friendless and probably prefers it that way.

I dont belive, that he really prefer this way- so much wine, so much anger and so much bitter. It's sounds like a good fun? :)

Well I'm sure he was no angel. :devil:

Or maybe I just love that devil smiley too much. 0-0

Man tears and public intoxication for sure! He probably cried better than the best of us. Are we talking pre-Saltpans then? Because he wouldn't have necessarily had to been staying away from towns. I got the impression he was spending the hell out of his gold.

Definitely no angel :) Yeah, for sure pre-saltpans since Rorge is the one who stole his helm and went on the killing spree. But remember, he would still have been avoiding towns due to being a Lannister deserter.

Definitely no angel :) Yeah, for sure pre-saltpans since Rorge is the one who stole his helm and went on the killing spree. But remember, he would still have been avoiding towns due to being a Lannister deserter.

Tbh, I don't think they were so concerned at looking for him.

Tbh, I don't think they were so concerned at looking for him.

Maybe not actively, but he would still have to worry that some fool might decide to try his luck and arrest the notorious Hound, as the BWB does in ASOS :)

I was just thinking of the irony of Sandor being so anti-religion, and besides ending up in a monastery, his deathbed confession to Arya was classic atonement for sins - you know in addition to trying to get her to kill him. But my opinion begs the question: was he in a sense seeking some atonement for his sins by confessing the truth to Arya?

He is a very good warrior, he spent a lot of his time during the war expedition, he fought as well, maybe - from time to time- he saved the lives of another knights... guys, this is the best way to get a lots of friends as I know :) So, why he is so alone (or: lonely?)? cause of his character?

Some people don't need friends, or at least they dont think so.

Archived