House of Undying Visions - potential DwD spoilers

Arianne Flint

Interesting topic. This scene in the books was really good. Here are my thoughts.

Note, they are just my interpretations. Not saying they are true. I just like to ponder about this stuff.

• a scene where four men with rat faces are raping a beautiful woman – no idea

• a feast of corpses, where many of the bodies were savagely slaughtered, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter - Red Wedding

• old, dead, loyal Ser Willem Darry at the house with the red door from when Daenerys lived in BraavosA memory of Dany

• a scene where an old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes" – Maybe Aerys. Probably some Targ king who had a bad relationship with his son, because he says ''be the king of ashes''. Wasn’t Aerys afraid that Rhaegar conspired to take the throne?

• a man who looked like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon…What better name for a king…He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more…The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play; - Rhaegar, Eila and the newborn Aegon. I agree that the third head could be Jon.

• a vision of Pyat Pree telling her the visit was over, and to follow him into a garden; - a lie

• a great hall with several robed people claiming to be the Undying of Qarth, who tell her, "We sent the comet to show you the way (to Qarth)…shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?" – another lie

In the room with the undying:

• Viserys dying - already happened

• a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion – Rhaego, her stillborn if he had lived

• a dying prince with rubies flying from his armor whispering the name of a woman with his last breath – Very likely Rhaegar whispering Lyanna’s name

• a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow – Op said Jon, but doesn’t Jon have grey eyes instead of blue? I think it could be Stannis. He is a blue-eyed king. Not sure if you could consider his sword red, though.

• a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd – Maybe cloth means fake here? A dragon made of cloth, like a doll, instead a real dragon. In other words, fAegon?

• a great stone beast flying from a smoking tower, breathing shadow fire – Maybe Rhaegal or Viserion after Quentyn got killed? They were confined in a pyramid, which is a kind of tower.

• her Silver horse given to her by Drogo at her wedding - happened

• a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly - Maybe Jon Connington or a Stone Man. Or maybe Theon? Theon said he would be happy to die and he is Ironborn, that could be linked to a ship.

• a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice – Obviously Jon, blue flower probably signifies blue winter rose; Lyanna’s favorite flower. This is nearly a confirmation that Jon IS Lyanna’s son.

• Shadows dancing in a tent - Shadow assassin murdering Renly in his tent at his camp. Or! The shadows when Dany gave birth. Also in a tent.

• a little girl running toward a house with a red door - Dany

• Mirri Maz Duur shrieking in the flames as a dragon bursts from her - happened

• a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse – Already happened, the corpse was the assassin in AGOT who tried to murder Dany. He was tied to her silver horse as a punishment.

• A white lion running through grass taller than a man - A white lion huh? I can’t explain the ‘white’ part, but it could be Tyrion, he is a lion and next to him grass seems quite tall :’) Maybe Tyrion will go to the Dothraki sea to search for Dany???

• A line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of MountainsThe Dosh Kaleen, the mother of mountains is at Vaes Dothrak.

• Ten thousand slaves crying "Mother" as Daenerys rode by on her silver. – Dany’s sacking at Slaver’s Bay, particularly Yunkai.

Or (I don’t know whether this has been mentioned before) the white lion signifies Jaime Lannister! Jaime is a lion and the ‘’white’’ could signify his ties to the Kingsguard; the ‘’white cloaks’’, who have a neutral, white sigil.

Archived