Is anyone else sick of it?

Revan Baratheon

Yeah, Ned is also quiet but it's in a different kind of way. He doesn't wallow in self-pity and he doesn't come off depressed. Jon doesn't let anyone get close to him either like Rhaegar did. He doesn't even confide in Sam really. & when he became LC he got worse.

Yeah, Jon has developed a more reserved nature since joining the watch! The events in ADWD have further highlighted for me recently! Jon doesn;t go out of his way to confess his problems to others, always keeping to himself in his chambers, and when he became LC, in adwd there are cases where he would tell Ghost to go off at times! Prior to his appointment, him and Ghost were together more often! I think the reserved nature grew after he accompanied Rayder with his host of Wildlings to the Wall in ASOS!

You know I must have missed this big time, but when was Rhaegar ever been emo? Is it about him liking books and singing sad songs?

Or the fact he hid himself away for a period of time after kidnapping Lyanna! I think the concept of Rhaegar being 'emo' was just a bit of humour, but his mood did change after the events at Harrenhal!

"Did you know my brother Rhaegar as well?" "It was said that no man ever knew Prince Rhaegar, truly..."

"Rhaegar took no interest in the play of other children..."

"But I am not certain it was in Rhaegar to be happy." "You make him sound so sour," Dany protested. "Not sour, no, but ...there was a melancholy to Prince Rhaegar, a sense...of doom. He was born in grief, my queen, and that shadow hung over him all his days."

I also think that he was bipolar or clinically depressed.

Isn't he described as being always sad because of the Tragedy of Summerhall that happened on the day he was born ?

He did visit the ruins of Summerhall, and usually brought nothing but his harp with him whilst he visited! Could show that music was a way of relief for him possibly, maybe from depression! Either from the tragedy, or the fact the troubles that may have faced Aerys after the defiance of Duskendale, possible fmaily matters (though I do doubt this)

I also think that he was bipolar or clinically depressed.

Thanks, that's interesting. I don't find those to sound too "emo" though, but then maybe I have different standards for "emo". Then again I don't find Jon to be "emo" either, just a kid who complains at times, so I'm back to square 1 on this personality thing.

Thanks, that's interesting. I don't find those to sound too "emo" though, but then maybe I have different standards for "emo". Then again I don't find Jon to be "emo" either, just a kid who complains at times, so I'm back to square 1 on this personality thing.

Jon has lived in the shadow of Robb, and of course having Lady Catelyn on our back is no easy thing, especially if she wishes you never exsisted. And if the whole R+L=J was turned out to be true, then he has been living with a lie surronding him! But I won;t settle on that yet, since it remains to be proven.

Jon being a bastard born has played a part in his nature, of course Eddard has seen to comfort him, but with the pressence of Lady Catelyn, that doesn;t help him! Costantly shadowed, reminded how he was concieved, etc.. can only contribute to his reserved nature!

I partially agree with the OP. Jon shouldn't be AA/TPTWP... because no one should be. Perhaps I misplaced my expectations, but I was drawn to ASoIaF by the political intrigue and the characters, and the idea that this will all be sidelined so that a Hero of Destiny can defeat the Irredeemably Evil Others and rule as a wise, fair and revolutionary King/Queen just clashes so strongly with the rest of the story that I can't really see why people would be looking forward to it. Did people really think The House Of The Undying sequence was more interesting/fulfilling than Jaime going back for Brienne, or Theon jumping off the wall of Winterfell? Are they really hoping to see Jon fight a horde of wights with an armor of ice and a sword of fire or Dany burn the others from the sky more than they are looking forward to see the new political configuration of Westeros? I guess it's a valid opinion, but I can't really see where they are coming from.

I partially agree with the OP. Jon shouldn't be AA/TPTWP... because no one should be. Perhaps I misplaced my expectations, but I was drawn to ASoIaF by the political intrigue and the characters, and the idea that this will all be sidelined so that a Hero of Destiny can defeat the Irredeemably Evil Others and rule as a wise, fair and revolutionary King/Queen just clashes so strongly with the rest of the story that I can't really see why people would be looking forward to it. Did people really think The House Of The Undying sequence was more interesting/fulfilling than Jaime going back for Brienne, or Theon jumping off the wall of Winterfell? Are they really hoping to see Jon fight a horde of wights with an armor of ice and a sword of fire or Dany burn the others from the sky more than they are looking forward to see the new political configuration of Westeros? I guess it's a valid opinion, but I can't really see where they are coming from.

Are you George Martin? How do you know that it's flowers and honey for this "Prince that was Promised"?

Which is?

A story about a prophesied hero, fighting a supernatural threat to the whole realm? Also, I'm not saying this is the way it'll turn out, I say that there seems to be lots of speculation regarding AA/TPTWP coming into the story as straight, by the numbers messiah figure, and I really fail to see how that would improve the story. There's always the chance that Martin may yet again surprise us.

Oh cmon man anyone can see these arguments as being pitifully feeble.The only REAL shred of Support of this theory is the mystery behind jon's mother and lyanna's abduction IN that case jon may be a bastard born of rape(i doubt lyanna would allow rhaegar to fuck her over a crazy prophecy,especially since she was promised to robert

What? what? go read agot again ned remmebers how lyanna knew robert as a drinker and womanizer and he had bastard daughter even then, and promise me ned

Are you George Martin? How do you know that it's flowers and honey for this "Prince that was Promised"?

I suspect the PWWP or AAR or whatever-the-hell is going to die, for reals, shortly after he does whatever the hell he/she's supposed to do, so it doesn't really matter who the hell he/she is.

Poor Jon -- he's stranded in some freezing hell-hole surrounded by hostile and/or stupid people, forbidden all the normal comforts of life, then handed shit-loads of responsibility in a no-win situation, and everyone says he has it so easy. He should stay dead just to spite all the people around him who are about to commit suicide by stupidity.

Poor Jon -- he's stranded in some freezing hell-hole surrounded by hostile and/or stupid people, forbidden all the normal comforts of life, then handed shit-loads of responsibility in a no-win situation, and everyone says he has it so easy. He should stay dead just to spite all the people around him who are about to commit suicide by stupidity.

+1 :lol: (I hope the quote works, first try...)

Edit: Yay it worked XD, sorry for the kind of non-constructive comment, but that is exactly how I feel and I couldn't say it better due to lack of words

I guess I'm the only one around here who reads fantasy for escapism then.

If I wanted to reflect on the shitty reality of the world we live in, I would read historical fiction instead.

I am with you on this, in life we do not get everything so if jon can i am for it. I want him to be AA if AA does good thing and doesn't die, TPTWP is he is not promise for a sacrifice like " black crow" hinted in another thread, and i want him to sit the damned Iron Throne because i want a Stark butt on it as it was meant to be after Aerys death. and I want him to be Lyanna and Raeghar son ( i just like it) so that Ned keep his honour. But of course it is not me writing the book so I will go with what George wants.I can only dream and hope it will turn my way.

Archived