Mafia 85.5 - Frozen Food - Starts Monday 3:30pm EST

Monday

There are a couple of things I don't really like about Zar's posts (more to do with Verboten than the balance discussion), but on the whole this feels like town-on-town hate to me. I don't think I want to lynch him on day 1.

Snow and Verboten both really bother me on a gut level. Too much reactionary posting that comes off as defensive, and Snow's joke vote on Kingmaker felt forced and out of place.

Verboten - tell me why you think a speed lynch is going to happen on day 1. I think you were Dino in the last game, and I really wouldn't call your demise a speed lynch - weren't you killed pretty close to deadline? In fact, both lynches I would call speedy were on FM (myself included).

I'm going to bed, but I'll be back long before lynch.

Somethings I'd like to say, while going through all:

1. Zar's not cuban. Neither am I.

2. I was under the impression that there were two FM, since the roleplaying scene written by our lovely monday suggested so.

3. No one even bothered to role-play xD, well a little bit with the salt thing and the veg, but not even enough.

4. Zar has been all about balance and values, and those are the ones he fed me.

5. Azarathos is trying too hard. Was the whole x10 thing a joke? I pretty hope it was.

6. Zar, here's your cookie! :cheers: Well, beer.

7. I truly miss the Faranoia. It's weird not having it.

8. Sylphic... sadly enough.. it is true... I WAS too busy, since the game was pushed forward for some reason 3 hours before colliding with the hour of start.

9. It seems weird that my friend Az is the same one that banned me from playing mafia at his house. =S

10. Tammy I'm back now, obviously. My left ear hurts (remember right earache is a scumtell).

11. Oh, just realized!! You can't be mistaken with me in this game Tammy! =P

12. OH and the baseball game was Aguilas and Licey (not that you know those teams).

13. Ugh.. bad luck.

14. AWW Az.. you didn't have to! :grouphug: Remove vote

15. I see Tammy's back to writing short novels. She's probably inno, then. A.k.a. Chana mode.

16. OH wow Zar.. summoning reasons? Snowstorm explained my point, but it IS true. You guys know me better than that. I've been top poster in every game, EVEN when I was scum. So you can probably be sure I am not around. Plus Az just backed my theory. OR are you suggesting I'm the lurker FM and he's an active one? anyways, I'm backed up with this: Zar.

17. ^^ If you look closely you'll see it's not an OMGUS vote.

Anyone around???

And to end the discussion once and for all.

"Oh Monday-Mod.. apparently nobody bothers to read the RP's or rules through (according to previous games)."

After the initial panic wore off, they noticed Colonel Ives was missing. There were no tracks in the snow outside, so it was clear Ives must have gone deeper into the cave. The group grabbed a lantern and made their way into the depths of the cave, noting two sets of footprints in and out accompanied by what appeared to be drag marks. About 100 yards in they discovered the end of the cave and a grizzly scene: Ives’ butchered body. Upon further examination it became evident that Ives had been murdered (gasp!) and partially eaten (double gasp!).

I've bolded what you need to read.

I think it's best to assume there are TWO FMs.

Now, I'll take those cookies. *Takes back the cookie he handled Zar.* :owned:

I'm placing an almost serious vote on SnowStorm because I didn't love his exchange with Azarathos/Arthur and thats all I have right now.

I don't like this. Zar has not made THAT MUCH siginifance on the game. At least, not so far. Do you see otherwise? Why do you feel threatend that if he was scum, we are in trouble?

I meant that in the sense that I'm pretty sure Zar is more experience than most of us in this game. No, I have no reason to think he is scum at this point.

I never said you were benefitting scum by disclosing numbers. In fact, I not only stated that 2 FM made sense, but said there was a thread which discussed it on the perendination board. I fully believe there are only 2 FM here, because as I said I read the thread on balance.

And touche over the rule thing, but that again isn't what I was taking issue with. What I was taking issue with was that in the midst of just discussing the mechanics of how many FM there are like to be, you one explain the math - that none of us are like to know - and then place the :bowdown: emoticon in the midst of it, then you demand cookies. It's overly condescending, especially when you state "it is known" when no it's probably not known to anyone else here. The only reason why I recognized that 2 FM would be the most probably balance for an 11 player game is because I've read the information on the board, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has.

What it appears to me, is not that your logic or information is incorrect, but that the way that you've framed the entire thing is in a manner which sets you up as voice of authority that cannot be questioned and that anyone who does is being foolish. That is the part that bothers me, and as long as you focus on these mechanics, of which you are far more knowledgeable than the rest of us, you can keep that authority.

And, I wasn't misrepresenting what you quoted. I quoted you myself and asked a question. Anyone could see what you actually said and my response.

CHANA LIVES!

Threads quiet but a couple more thoughts-

Elenya Westerling has only had jokes and rule discussion so far, Kingmaker has had even less than that.

Reading through Azarathos and I kind of hate his accusations.

My point is he might be lying. Why would an innocent person lie?

Innocents lie all the time. First, to see if they catch scum in a lie. Second, because you don't want scum to know if you have a role. Which, in this game is irrelevant, since none of us have roles... or do we have a killing urge to push here, Azarathos?

You sound like you're trying to switch this around on me. Highly suspicious, Zar...

It didnt sound like that to me. It sounded like you made a really scummy sounding statement, got correctly called on it, and responded with an OMGUS vote.

Maybe each role is worth ten times the value you assigned them (i.e. RI's are 10 points, FM's are 45 points, healers are 40 points, etc.). Maybe you're just trying to fool us with your deceptive ways to try to convince us that this game is balanced... Hmm...

Wuh??

Anyways, we now know that there are indeed 2 killers from what Expecto quoted from the scenario open. I admit I missed that the frst time I read it, but if I were the one calling someone suspicious for claming there were 2 FMs, I would doublecheck.

11 players are alive:

2 SnowStorm (The Kingmaker, Salt)

1 Expecto Patronum (Zar Lannister)

1 Sylphic (Elenya Westerling,)

1 The Kingmaker (SnowStorm)

3 Zar Lannister (Azarothos, Ser-Arthur Dayne, Expecto Patronum)

1 Salt (Tammy)

1 Verboten (Sylphic,)

Not voting (1): Verboten,

With 11 players alive, six votes are needed to lynch and six votes are needed to go to night.

I'm off to bed. Nighty night.

Not lurking, sleeping. :P

SnowStorm reads as scummy, although I can’t really put a finger on why. :dunno: I can't figure out if the posts that I'm reading are serious or not, but the symp-thing and the "covering up for another partner" thing seem strange. Yeah, I'd be pretty happy lynching Snow today. (Sorry)

I’m not sure that I see the Zar-case, although I do understand it. It seems like someone is always accused of being too helpful and then they never actually flip scum, but that’s just my opinion. Probably wouldn’t vote for Zar today unless he does something uber-scum.

If Azarathos is joking then I think he’s pretty funny. Last couple of posts seem pretty town, although I’m not keen on the fact that he’s defending Expecto. Not the clarification that he’d been away, but the “probably just a joke vote” thing. I’d prefer not to lynch him today though, because once upon a time somebody stopped me from being lynched on my first day and it was very nice of them (even if I was scum).

My feelings about Expecto are the same as my feelings always are about Expecto (I want to say he’s guilty because of headaches but I’m not really sure that he is).

Tammy seems pretty town, but I wouldn't PI her or anything.

I get slight scum-vibes from Salt too. The “if Zar is scum we’re boned” thing does bother me and his reaction is strange. It’s a Newbie game, and I’m 90% sure that Zar has actually played in less games than a few other people here? :S Oh well, would probably vote for.

Everyone else is null, I’m afraid.

Apparently there are no euro-users in the game and everyone else is sleeping. Argh.. gotta work tomorrow, it's probably the best. I'll go get my beauty sleep.

Oh and maybe the other 2 around are lurkers. :unsure: I'm scared! Maybe those are the two FM.

Euro people don't usually post at 5 am, just saying :P

The game's looking good, I'll be back in a moment.

Umm, he won't get summoned with a vote. You know he's a very... active.. person. When he can make the time, he'll come and particpate. Also, why don't you vote Elenya for summoning purposes as well? She could pull off lurking much better, methinks. Zar, that post look a lot more like a wagon starter. I wonder. Do you want him here so he can be an easy viable lynch that you're behind?ETA: It also looks like evading. As first you say "Tammy, you're pushing so hard on me" Then "Ok, I'll vote Expecto".

- Obviously Arthur, Elenya is in the London Time Zone, by the time I placed my vote it was 11 PM in SDQ, which means it was 3 AM in London. Either way, Elenya is back for a bit, so no need to summon her.

- Scummy EP pulled that I'll be back later! Post in the Hanukkah Game (go read it if you don't believe me), so that rubbed me off the wrong way. Scum is almost always flying low.

If nobody else is around then I'll go back to bed for a couple of hours (still sick). Salt, SnowStorm, what are your tiers? Alternativley, who would you like to see lynched today?

I don't have anything near a complete tier list yet. Since you asked nicely what I'm working with right now is something like this, scummier at the top

tier 1-SnowStorm, Azarathos

tier 2-Arthur Dayne

tier 3-Zar Lannister, Tammy

I haven't placed the rest of you yet. What I do have could change in a heartbeat at this point.

I get slight scum-vibes from Salt too. The “if Zar is scum we’re boned” thing does bother me and his reaction is strange. It’s a Newbie game, and I’m 90% sure that Zar has actually played in less games than a few other people here? :S Oh well, would probably vote for.

More or less a joke from my frst few minutes in the thread, I don't really believe we auto lose if hes scum. I don't actually know how experienced he is, but hes modded the only 2 I've ever played tongue.png :P

edit- forum doesnt like smilies

It's probably because I know these people by name more than others but I can only remember Zar's, Az's and Tammy's posts. Oh and you too elenya! =P I can't miss the headaches I give you.

So I can't quite put my finger on any of you or even create tiers so early.

I vaguely remember snowstorm but apparently some people are thinking he is scummy? Not sure yet, but wouldn't actually mind lynching him today. I tend to trust the waves, for better or worse.

Zar, how do you feel about the mini wagon that's beginning to form?? I truly want to know if your little back and forth with Az was all jokes or an act... Obviously you'll say joke, so don't answer that. But I am trying to see if there is a possible AzZar team going on. You two are under my radar.

PS: I've been trying to frikin post this for the past half an hour. Internet is super laggy.

Edit: OMG finally!!!

Back.

If nobody else is around then I'll go back to bed for a couple of hours (still sick). Salt, SnowStorm, what are your tiers? Alternativley, who would you like to see lynched today?

Right now there's no one I'd like to lynch. Remove vote, the Kingmaker is probably the last person I'd vote for.

Also, SnowStorm, how do you feel about Elenya's vote on you and her logic?

I see the vote but I can't see the logic.

Expecto, are you saying you're confortable with lynching either me or Zar?

I'm saying I'm comfortable lynching you. Do to popular belief. But I'll probably check again if a wagon starts.

Also Zar and Az case is explained above, please do see.

What popular belief? Joke votes and BS?

I've read their cases. You were basically saying that you'd jump on any wagon. Why would you do that? "Popular belief"?

So snowstorm/Az/Zar is any wagon?

I've only stated the pattern I've had the past 3 games.

Care to elaborate why you would not vote Kingmaker?

Also I stated I believed Tammy was probably inno, due to her chana-like posts. So for now I would not vote for her.

Popular belief = a lot of people talking about him and calling him at least slightly scummy.

Oh... and The kingmaker, would you be kind enough to contribute with anything other than fonts?

Archived