Game of Thrones Podcast

Kennit

• 1 year later...

Awesome I was looking for more podcasts.

I'd like to share some others I've been enjoying and have recently found.

Anyone else's recommendations would be most welcome.

First the Podcast that is in my sig. They are funny, informed and avoid spoilers for anything outside of the episode that just aired. Off season episodes are usually dealing with shows books and movies outside of the GoT's show/subject.

Lions Dragons and Wolves

Next, Also funny and well balanced. They have the spoiler free show episodes and in off season book club. They have also scored interviews with a few show actors that were pretty great.

Cast of Thrones

Those two are my go to favourites

One that I have enjoyed but their style might appeal to others more. They do have funny moments. they have a ASOIAF podcast history that greatly predates the show. (They loved it before it was popular to love it) They have their own forum connected to the podcast. Also quite a number of interviews. and in depth book clubs

a Podcast of Ice and Fire

Recently discovered:

Game of Owns

I'm really enjoying the different ways they approach covering the show. I think they also have book discussions and have interviews. I'm half way through the one with Kristian Nairn. They are also currently doing a season 1 reaction commentary. That is actually pretty good.

Night's Watch on Bald Move.com

Two guys talking about the show. Not bad. not my favourite. But that's because I can have trouble separating my obsessive book fandom and some of their show criticisms got to me.

A cast of Kings

A non book reader and a book reader review the show. Pleasant to listen.

Like above. The show watcher can go on a bit of a rant. But over all I'll probably check them out again.

I've really taken to listening to a lot of different ASOIAF and GOT podcasts. One thing I've figured out is that it doesn't matter if the podcast is intended to be centered on the books or the show, there is inevitably going to be a lot of mixing of the two mediums because they are so related. I suppose that's pretty obvious though, lol.

As far as show centered podcasts go, Bald Move's Nights Watch is probably my favorite. The guys that run it have several other shows that they cover, so they've got lots of experience and are very good at covering tv shows in general. IMO, it's very professional, entertaining, has good audio quality, and is just plain well done all around.

My favorite book centered podcast is The Boiled Leather Audio Hour. They do a lot of detailed analysis of the books and the various themes and characters within the story. But many might think its quite like a college lecture, so I can understand why some would be turned off by it. But I personally feel that I get a much better understanding of the story as a result of listening to this one in particular.

History of Westeros podcast is another pretty good one. It provides exactly what the name implies, a history of the story. They have separate spoiler episodes as well that delve into some of the popular fan theories. The audio quality isn't great though, I think because the hosts are in different locations and have to teleconference in, sometimes some of the hosts come in loud and clear while others are harder to hear. That could be because of my poor hearing more than anything though.

Boars, Gore, and Swords is another one that I enjoy, if only for the fun factor. Book purist beware, as the hosts purposely keep things light and try to inject as much humor as possible.

I would have to pick Game of Owns as the clear winner

Those first two you linked are WAY too loud and boisterous for my taste. I love when there is some humor mixed in, but those two shows seem pretty forced and intense. In other words, they lay it on a little too thick and never really seem to have a serious or thoughtful take on aspects of the episodes

The Game of Owns crew do a better job of not yelling over each other, giving a lot of thoughtful takes, playing off each other well and letting the laughs come naturally. The fact that two of the Owns podcasters have read the books and two of them haven't helps. As you get both perspectives and some really good back and forth discussion from people who all love the material and really enjoy talking about it

Night's Watch on Bald Move.com

Two guys talking about the show. Not bad. not my favourite. But that's because I can have trouble separating my obsessive book fandom and some of their show criticisms got to me.

A cast of Kings

A non book reader and a book reader review the show. Pleasant to listen.

Like above. The show watcher can go on a bit of a rant. But over all I'll probably check them out again.

These two are my favourites, in the order they're posted. Been listening to them since S2.

Archived