Dragon-Warging: Will It Happen?

Let's say thay either one or both of Jon and/or Dany are detined for a tragic end,,, which will it be?

I can see Jon having a tragic end because of self-sacrifice.

I can see Dany having a tragic end because she tried to set something on fire or thought she'd always be immune to it.

Maybe unlikely, but perhaps Jon and Daenerys will both neutralize each other, leaving others to fight for the throne at the end. The two primary candidates built up for world saving status removing each other from the scene would make the end game less predictable. I kind of wonder whether the Targaryen line is going to die with the last dragon in the final book anyway and thus no permanent Targaryen restoration.

• 1 month later...

Only read the first few pages so forgive me if someone else has brought this up. Perhaps the 3 dragon riders are not menat to literally, "ride" the dragons. for instance:

Dany can ride one, and only Dany, as it mentioned she still suffered burns from riding once.

Somebody can control the other with a horn, but someone will die if they aren't immune to fire.(another Targaryen)

Someone can warg into one.

I can see Dany having a tragic end because she tried to set something on fire or thought she'd always be immune to it.

That would be awesome.

As to warging a dragon, i would be shocked if it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure we'll see a Stark inhabiting a dragon before the end of the series.

Probably mentioned, but haven't seen it so I'll post it anyway:

"You will never walk again. But you will fly."

Bran is the obvious choice for skinchanging a dragon. Two reasons: His story has been mind-bogglingly slow up to this point, so it better have a damned big conclusion. And two, he's obviously the strongest warg/skinchanger/greenseer in the book, and one who's actually been trying to perfect his abilities.

If Arya or Jon or even Rickon or hell even Sansa tried it, I could only see that ending badly. They're simply not...practiced enough. If Varamyr, a talented and experienced skinchanger could not even manage an old woman who rejected him and had a tenuous-at-best hold on a bear, the non-Bran Starks don't stand a chance.

Aaaand a brief skim reveals that yes, this has been mentioned before, multiple times. Anywho, yeah. If dragon-warging were to happen, it would be from Bran for one of two reasons. Either he does it to protect someone or something, or just because...well, who wouldn't want to try that?

As for Dany. The dragons are absolutely wild. Even if she managed to bring them to Westeros, who's to say she could make them do what she wanted? They might very well just fly off and go eat her new/potentially new subjects. Fuck, she might welcome a skinchanger, if she trusted one, to help get them the hell under control. Assuming, of course, that all Hell breaks loose, which it's looking very much like it might, if Dany ever does get to Westeros.

Though there is, of course, the minor problem of physical proximity. Dany has no reason to go north, where all the skinchangers are (disarray is really the only word for what's going on up there - they'll all kill each other by the time Dany ever gets her shit together and got her ass to the Seven Kingdoms). Long-distance has been proven to be possible, but only when the warging is strong. Arya can do it with Nymeria, but, like I said, the connection is very strong there. And I've no doubt that Bran could find a way.

I'm rambling. Yes, I imagine that this is a definitive possibility, and there are a great many possible means and outcomes for it, anything from a noble purpose to get the dragons under control to a psychotic power trip on the part of the skinchanger.

Archived