The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 4

I'm just going to throw this out there - It may be wildly unlikely, or it may have been discussed before (I'm rather new).

Sansa has been dubbed 'little bird', has an affiliation with songs and GRRM has consistently tied her to the ideas of singing songs, telling stories etc.

The series is called 'A Song of Ice and Fire' - Is it at all possible that after all is said and done, somewhere near the end Sansa, as a graceful aged Queen or Lady will be relaying 'Song of Ice and Fire' to her children/grandchildren?

I just think it's terribly interesting that she is a POV from the start and her story arc (as of yet) allows her to be aware of most of the political situations and until very recently she is kind of an observer, almost a ward of the GOT that ensues.

Is this a totally crackpot idea?

I'm just going to throw this out there - It may be wildly unlikely, or it may have been discussed before (I'm rather new).

Sansa has been dubbed 'little bird', has an affiliation with songs and GRRM has consistently tied her to the ideas of singing songs, telling stories etc.

The series is called 'A Song of Ice and Fire' - Is it at all possible that after all is said and done, somewhere near the end Sansa, as a graceful aged Queen or Lady will be relaying 'Song of Ice and Fire' to her children/grandchildren?

I just think it's terribly interesting that she is a POV from the start and her story arc (as of yet) allows her to be aware of most of the political situations and until very recently she is kind of an observer, almost a ward of the GOT that ensues.

Is this a totally crackpot idea?

Not crackpot, and it's been mentioned by a number of people. :)

I hope she kills LF or Cersei or at least just BAMFs out on someone.

Me, too. ME, TOO.

(referring to first quote)

I love Sansa's compassion and empathy and hope she is strong enough to keep these aspects of her personality regardless of what happens to her. While I hope she seeks justice for the wrongs done to her and others, I would be devastated if she ever abused any authority she might eventually gain to inflict pain or suffering upon others, particularly if they were in her power. I want her to be a force for good and oppose brutality and oppression (something like a Westeros Nelson Mandela). IMO if she survives the book but becomes cruel and capricious then the Sansa I both like and admire, is gone.

• 7 months later...

Sansa was the wolf who betrayed the pack but she will undoubtedly be the one who honors and avenges it.

I think we are, in the next book, gonna see Sansa become one of the master players, particularly with a speculated vale of arryn and northern following.

Sansa's in an iffy situation in terms of inheritance, but she does have a lot of fingers in various pies, or rather Littlefinger has fingers in various pies through her.

Littlefinger is the titular High Lord of the Riverlands. If he marries Sansa, he could legitimize his status to Tully holdouts, since she a daughter of Catelyn Tully and physically resembles the Tully family. For Sansa to inherit Riverrun in her own right, the Lannisters have to lose power and with them Genna and Emmon (and all other Freys) and Edmure and his wife and child have to die.

<Snip>

Don't forget she's related to the Whents, the dispossessed owners of Harrenhal, which Littlefinger now owns. I think he wants her to strengthen his claim to there as much as anything else- It's a much higher seat than he could have ever aspired to under normal circumstances, and would be difficult for him to hold after the war was over.

At the start of the series, Sansa and Arya were arguably the best "catches" in all of Westeros, apart from possibly Myracella. Hoster Tully did well when marrying off his daughters, meaning that any descendent of theirs had links to 3 major areas of Westeros (North, Riverlands and Vale). Margery Tyrell, and Arianne Martell only have links to their own regions so far as we know (Well Arianne has Norvos, but that wouldn't be seen as important in Westeros). There's a reason she's betrothed to Joffrey, and it's not just because their fathers are friends, although that obviously helped- between Sansa and Joffrey, they would have had links to 5/8 Westeros regions (Interestingly almost a polar oposite of the Targaryens). Not that it matters because Joffrey was a dick, but it's still interesting.

Anyone who wanted to sit on the Iron Throne couldn't really do better. (It's probably also why Tywin wanted her married to a Lannister and the Tyrells wanted her for themselves).

It's a shame, because she would probably be a lot happier marrying someone from a minor house with no interest in politics, but someone with all those ties just wouldn't be able to escape. Even if she doesn't have a seat of her own, she's still worth a lot. I don't know if there's any way for (F)Aegon to find out if she is still alive, and if JonCon is aware of her potential use, and if they'd see it as being worth more than dragons. I just hope that Euron Greyjoy doesn't try and get his hands on her (or even Theon, who I think is going to end up making a bid for the seastone chair at some stage. Sansa would hate the Iron Islands).

Archived