The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 4

You know. I thought Marillion was dead but it seemed strange that it happened off stage. Reading the quote above makes me wonder. IF he's alive, I don't think LF would turn him into a spy. Too easy for him to just slip away and be gone forever, knowing LF murdered Lysa. If he's alive, he's where Petyr can use him, possibly to make Sweetrobin mentally unstable by making Marillion sing at night where only SR can hear him. If SR is constantly upset and having fits, it would make it easier for Alayne to agree to LF's sweet sleep scheme, if that's the only thing that soothes her cousin. Of course, now that they're down the mountain, it's neither here nor there.

I prefer to think of Marillion as dead, though. He was a threat to Sansa's maidenhood (and LF clearly knew that, putting LB to watch over her) and I don't think LF would allow some slimy singer to overstep his bounds twice. How did Marillion come to be with Sansa when Lysa started in on her accusations? Did Lysa send him to bring Sansa to her? I don't have my book handy. I'm wondering if Petyr set him up or if he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You have just given me an idea. >minor crackpot theory<

Marillion very well could have alway's been LF's cypher. There is no other reason for Marillion to go along with the story except for $,blackmail or he's family. The same way he manipulated Ser Dontas and how he has the Kettlebacks on payroll.

Remember Marillion was at the crossroads when Catelyn arrived on her WAY back to Winterfell when she captured Tyrion. I think Marillion was always supposed to stay with Catelyn by order of LF (It's a guess but I don't think LF had a cypher in the North esp after the fall of Winterfell everyone is dead!) but it went a bit awry and they ended up at the Eyrie. Marillion had no reason to stay there when Catelyn left... but he did... why? There isn't a heck of a lot to do in Eyire except wait for LF's further instruction... ravens were flying all over the place at that stage remember - peeps were trying to get the Eyrie involved etc etc... (maybe it's a stretch but stay with me)

Brain fart - WHO was LF's cypher @ Riverrun? The guy is just as bad as Varys and has spies everywhere, he must have had a few there already for that theory to make it 100% valid because everyone knew Catelyn was heading for Riverrun and if there is a plant there already Marillion didn't have to follow her.

In response to your musings;

-I think that keeping him around just to drive Robert Arryn nuts isn't really worth it the kid is already a nutter and LF can off him with the strangler without questions being asked because of his epilepsy

-I don't think that LF is concerned about Alayne's maidenhead LB took care of that and she hasn't had a problem since. Funny that isn't it? He wouldn't have backed off if he had not been told too. Also Alayne is taking care of that - her Alayne persona is not at all Sansa - she doesn't have a problem being firm with people as Alayne...

-Yes Lysa got Marillion to go and get her and he locked the three of them in together this suggests he was in on about what was going to happen but!

yet another

>minor crackpot theory 2< Lysa was going to toss Sansa out the moon door and Marillion was supposed to be the witness that the girl just "fell"... remember LF was not present until mid shit fight and he conveniently came in a back door whilst the guards were trying to smash the door down.

A few times Lysa cracks and confuses her for Catelyn and accusing her of things Catelyn did (the woman was a looney) Then she rambles like a stupid bitch about a bunch of stuff she should not have and LF says as much, he wants Sansa to think he had no choice (as he explains to Sansa later) - I think that

1 Lysa was a piece that backfired early - this may have set LF back heavily in the planning dept (he says so much to Sansa later - not the was going to off her but it was inconvenient that she died so soon), so Marillion is in shock but not necessarily because of his undying love of Lysa but because that tossed a spanner in the works, suddenly the plan has changed and LF has run his calculations in his head at warp factor 9 and pinned it to Marillion - the bloke has no choice but to do what he is told.

2 Marillion thought he was there to witness Sansa toss Lysa out the door (remember the guy doesn't know who Sansa is until then - hark back to the bastard wench :ack: for clarification ) because he was playing both ends of the game badly.... hence shock horror disbelief!

This is no different to Cersei screwing the Kettleback and getting him strung up in the Sept by trying to be clever.... or LF pumping Dontas full of bolts and setting him on fire - the plants are there and they are supposed to get in there and know everything and be a double agent and oops for colateral damage and even better if they are recyclable in another city.

Oh yes... Marillion is a plant and LF has either disposed of him or moved him in all that luggage on the desent from the Eyrie.... mwuahahahaha!

I know that there is that bit after when everyone comes on up to the Eyrie and LF tells them all that he had a problem with Marillion and Lysa had agreed to get rid of him blah blah blah, I have a feeling the guy was supposed to get up everyone's nose and seem to be to cosy with Lysa. I feel this was deliberate. Marillion makes a point of telling Sansa how damn important he is to Lysa and rubbing the favor he has in everyones face.

Hows that for crackpot?

Quick sub note - Marillion told Catelyn and her Ser at the crossroads that he was heading to Winterfell before their identities were revealed and it all turned to custard.

I like your crackpots, Solaris :) I do think it's likely that Marillion could have been working for LF even before the Moon door incident, and might have signalled to him that something was about to go down with crazy Lysa. After this when LF accuses the singer, Marillion has no reason to worry, because it's all a great trick. The bandages over the eyes that are supposedly gouged out, and the gloves over the missing fingers are extremely suspicious. I don't believe that Marillion was tortured for one second, and if indeed he was, and was killed, then somehow LF got ahold of an imposter.

Hows that for crackpot?

Very. ^_^

You have just given me an idea. >minor crackpot theory<

Marillion very well could have alway's been LF's cypher. There is no other reason for Marillion to go along with the story except for $,blackmail or he's family. The same way he manipulated Ser Dontas and how he has the Kettlebacks on payroll.

I think the popping out of Marillion's eyes and the other tortury stuff just broke him, the only incentive LF gave him was release. Sing the song I want you to and you can die quickly and cleanly, don't and I let the guy with the golden teeth torture you some more. IF he had told the truth he might actually have lived depending on whether the lords interfered immediately, which seems likely. But yeah I think he was pretty thoroughly broken, he might not even have wanted to keep living anymore. Remember how Theon was right after they let him out?

And Dontos is a good example of exactly why Marillion is dead, he had info that could harm LF's little plots and was a drunkard and therefore totally unreliable, he had also served his purpose, there was no reason to let him live and possibly severe disadvantages for doing so. Marillion was tortured by LF so he was even more of a risk to let live, I wouldn't be suprised if Golden Tooth gave him a little shove from the sky cells.

As for him being used to drive Sweetrobin crazy... the boy already seems pretty loony without any assistance. Plus Littlefinger doesn't seem to think he'll live much longer anyway, and probably won't thanks to the sweetsleep. Ah well.

http://asoiaf.wester...lease-stand-up/

Might be useful to think about...

Like that of Bran and Rickon, Davos, the Hound himself, and Gregor.

Very interesting. Thanks for linking it. It's a good argument for Marillion being alive which, if true, means LF is even more cunning than I'd already believed.

By off-stage I meant that the reader doesn't know what happened to Marillion. We know Bran and Rickon weren't killed by Theon, we know the Davos thing is a ruse, we saw Sandor left by the tree but have determined he's really on the QI, and we can safely assume Gregor is now Robert Strong. Marillion's death has more of a sleight-of-hand quality to it. I probably should have worded my statement more clearly.

Jut to add more fuel to the Marillion being an LF agent theory: the two changes to the AGOT TV series that I think Martin mentions are Mago dying and Marillion. As he has said Mago will be important, Marillion maybe another one that for plot reasons he has not mentioned yet.

Jut to add more fuel to the Marillion being an LF agent theory: the two changes to the AGOT TV series that I think Martin mentions are Mago dying and Marillion. As he has said Mago will be important, Marillion maybe another one that for plot reasons he has not mentioned yet.

:eek:

when did the singer die on HBO?

He doesn't die, he has his tongue ripped out in the last episode of the season, because he sang a slanderous song about Joffrey, Cersei, and King Robert. It's in that scene right before Joffrey takes Sansa up on the ramparts to look at Ned's head.

when did the singer die on HBO?

No tounge got ripped out BUT I KNOW! I was stunned and I hadn't even finished reading aGoT and I made my husband pause it and I said IT AINT RIGHT! This bodes ill for important story line and I was right! Cause he was there why Lysa died! I ran to the toilet door and was shouting though it to my husband when I got Lysa's test flight that went wrong it in aFfC!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang:

dude cannot testify if he has no tounge............. :crying:

No tounge got ripped out BUT I KNOW! I was stunned and I hadn't even finished reading aGoT and I made my husband pause it and I said IT AINT RIGHT! This bodes ill for important story line and I was right! Cause he was there why Lysa died! I ran to the toilet door and was shouting though it to my husband when I got Lysa's test flight that went wrong it in aFfC!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang:

It's easily fixed, though. It doesn't have to be Marillion in the room when Lysa tries to push her out the moon door. Any random singer could fill the role.

Thnx, i didn't know it was the same singer. yea, but it would be nice if it was Marillion. I think thou that GRRM put the "dead" dothraki in ADWD to tell HBO to "fuck yourself"

??

The khalasar that finds Dany at the end of ADwD I believe is led by Khal Pono.

Archived