The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 4

If Sansa does indeed end up becoming Queen in the North or Lady of Winterfell, how do you think she'll handle it when it becomes necessary to execute someone? Say, a deserter from the Night's Watch? Will she follow the old ways like her father did and do it herself, since the "(wo)man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"? Or do you think she'd break with tradition and delegate the actual beheading to someone else?

I'd personally like to think she'd do it herself, because she's a Stark and her father's daughter. On the other hand, I kind of feel sorry for whoever she beheads, because I can't imagine that Sansa would be very good at it. It'd probably take her 5 or 6 swings just to kill the person, and several more to actually get the head off. :o

Sorry for the morbid comment, I guess I've just read too many stories about the messy beheadings of people like Thomas Cromwell, Margaret Pole, and the Duke of Monmouth.

If Sansa does indeed end up becoming Queen in the North or Lady of Winterfell, how do you think she'll handle it when it becomes necessary to execute someone? Say, a deserter from the Night's Watch? Will she follow the old ways like her father did and do it herself, since the "(wo)man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"? Or do you think she'd break with tradition and delegate the actual beheading to someone else?

I'd personally like to think she'd do it herself, because she's a Stark and her father's daughter. On the other hand, I kind of feel sorry for whoever she beheads, because I can't imagine that Sansa would be very good at it. It'd probably take her 5 or 6 swings just to kill the person, and several more to actually get the head off. :o

Sorry for the morbid comment, I guess I've just read too many stories about the messy beheadings of people like Thomas Cromwell, Margaret Pole, and the Duke of Monmouth.

I'm sure she'll have someone train her to do it properly. I'll agree that she'd be very uncomfortable doing it though.

I'd personally like to think she'd do it herself, because she's a Stark and her father's daughter.

Same. And I think there could be another factor besides her being a Stark and her father's daughter: delegating the execution to someone else must be connected to Joffrey, Janos Slynt (who threw her father down for beheading on Joff's orders) and Ilyn Payne in her mind.

On the other hand, I kind of feel sorry for whoever she beheads, because I can't imagine that Sansa would be very good at it. It'd probably take her 5 or 6 swings just to kill the person, and several more to actually get the head off. :o

I'm with Falrinn, I can't imagine Sansa executing someone without getting practice on some feather-filled dummies or whatever first. And I like to imagine Brienne as the person who'll teach her how to handle a sword and Oathkeeper as the sword she'll use during executions, which would make it easier for both Sansa and LF whoever she beheads, because she'd have had an excellent teacher and the sword is super-light and sharp.

In any case, even a botched beheading is better than death via Strangler, in my opinion. I hope that when Sansa decides that it's necessary to kill/execute LF someone, she doesn't use it.

I'm sure she'll have someone train her to do it properly.

I can't imagine Sansa executing someone without getting practice on some feather-filled dummies or whatever first.

You're right, she'd definitely have someone train her. Still, even with practice, it seems like it would take a lot of upper body strength to slice through someone's entire neck in one stroke. I hope Sansa's been working out!

You're right, she'd definitely have someone train her. Still, even with practice, it seems like it would take a lot of upper body strength to slice through someone's entire neck in one stroke. I hope Sansa's been working out!

I don't think she could swing ICE ( if it comes back) so lets hope she wouldn't have to do it, unless she has an older son or brother with her.

Another poster mentioned something in another post about the following: Robb seems to have dispossessed Sansa because of her marriage to Tyrion. Sansa has now disappeared.

Various people, the Manderlays etc are trying to find Rickon, but no body in the North seems even vaguely interested in what has happened to, or trying to find Sansa. I may have missed it, but no one from the North, Jon included, seems concerned about her fate at all.

What does this mean for her future in the North or is she just written off because of the Tyrion marriage?

Another poster mentioned something in another post about the following: Robb seems to have dispossessed Sansa because of her marriage to Tyrion. Sansa has now disappeared.

Various people, the Manderlays etc are trying to find Rickon, but no body in the North seems even vaguely interested in what has happened to, or trying to find Sansa. I may have missed it, but no one from the North, Jon included, seems concerned about her fate at all.

What does this mean for her future in the North or is she just written off because of the Tyrion marriage?

Sansa is an accused Kingslayer so looking for her would be high treason, and Brienne is looking for her "sister, a maid of 13". There is also a possibility that people think Tyrion is still with Sansa, or that Sansa helped Tyrion escape, and everybody in Westeros hates the noseless imp. Jon never asked about any of the Starks (Mel approached Jon about Arya/Karstark, and he only sent a letter to Robb because he was one of the "5 kings")

Having said that, she is still a Stark and once she puts on that white and grey the North will be loyal.

Sansa is an accused Kingslayer so looking for her would be high treason, and Brienne is looking for her "sister, a maid of 13". There is also a possibility that people think Tyrion is still with Sansa, or that Sansa helped Tyrion escape, and everybody in Westeros hates the noseless imp. Jon never asked about any of the Starks (Mel approached Jon about Arya/Karstark, and he only sent a letter to Robb because he was one of the "5 kings")

Having said that, she is still a Stark and once she puts on that white and grey the North will be loyal.

Most true, Robb did not abandon or disowned her he only bypassed her for the head of Winterfell to keep Winterfell out of Lannister hands, if she gets an annulment or the marriage proved invalid or Tyrion dies she be QIN, or Regent of Winterfell and if her marriage is valid and Tyrion dies she could get Casterly Rock she be most unhappy but she have the gold to help Winterfell rebuild.

Robb legitimizes Jon, but Jon will have to save the world from the Others.

You might like this part of a crackpot-theory I posted in another thread:

Cersei will loose all her lands and titles. Since Tyrion is condemmed to death, Casterly Rock will go to Sansa Lady of Winterfell, Lady of the Eyrie (after her marriage to Harrold Hardyng"Harry the Heir" and his and Little Finger´s sudden demise.)

Lady of Harrenhal and the riverlands (according to Little Finger´s will).

The Tyrell´s will find themselfs surrounded by Sansa. Little Finger´s Queen

By the way how many amethysts are left in her hairnet?

Robb legitimizes Jon, but Jon will have to save the world from the Others.

You might like this part of a crackpot-theory I posted in another thread:

Cersei will loose all her lands and titles. Since Tyrion is condemmed to death, Casterly Rock will go to Sansa Lady of Winterfell, Lady of the Eyrie (after her marriage to Harrold Hardyng"Harry the Heir" and his and Little Finger´s sudden demise.)

Lady of Harrenhal and the riverlands (according to Little Finger´s will).

The Tyrell´s will find themselfs surrounded by Sansa. Little Finger´s Queen

By the way how many amethysts are left in her hairnet?

Even if Cersei loses all of her lands and titles, then unless her children are disinherited, Casterly Rock would pass to Myrcella, if she died or was disinherited, THEN it would pass to Tyrion, and surely it would go to the Lannister cousins? (I know Lancel probably can't inherit, but I seem to recall he has a brother, whose name I have forgotten, Genna Lannister has several children, only one of whom will inherit Riverrun, there's even a bastard cousin Joy Hill). I'm pretty sure it's very, very rare for a wife to inherit her husband's lands, especially if the line of succession isn't particularly muddled, and any heirs are of age (after Tywin's children/ grandchildren, his eldest brother's heir stands next in line), and it's not like Sansa is a cousin/ second cousin with a blood claim to Casterly Rock in her own right.

Though, with Harry the Heir inheriting the Vale, Sansa inheriting the North and Littlefinger properly laying claim to the Riverlands (assuming, of course, that Sweetrobin dies, the North accepts Sansa despite her marriage, and LF actually tries to consolidate his hold over his lands), that's quite a force ranged against the Lannisters and Tyrells from the North, regardless.

Precisely why the whole swing the sword thing is a stupid law.

Precisely why the whole swing the sword thing is a stupid law.

I'm not sure that Sansa will ever be Queen in the North; at least not if Rickon lives. If Rickon dies and Bran never comes back, and Sansa is made Queen of a separate North, I think that her having a surrogate swing the sword would be forgiven, as long as she personally attends the executions.

I think the chances are high that Sansa will end up as either a Queen or a great Lady, but not necessarily a power in the North. Though stranger things have happened in Westeros...

hmmm I agree with Lykos. Sansa CAN stake a claim on Casterly Rock. Just like she'll get The Vale when she marry's Harry. In total that will give her Winterfell, High Garden (beacause of Little Finger), The Rock, The Eyrie and Riverrun will rally behind Cat's daughter... that's 5/7 or 8 including Dorne. So it's five against's Aegon/Dany's three... she could well be queen.

hmmm I agree with Lykos. Sansa CAN stake a claim on Casterly Rock. Just like she'll get The Vale when she marry's Harry. In total that will give her Winterfell, High Garden (beacause of Little Finger), The Rock, The Eyrie and Riverrun will rally behind Cat's daughter... that's 5/7 or 8 including Dorne. So it's five against's Aegon/Dany's three... she could well be queen.

But to hold the Vale, she needs to give birth to an heir.

Otherwise she is just a widow.

Where as if she were the regent for an infant.

Same with Casterly Rock: she would need to give Tyrion a son (shudder) in order to have a claim over Casterly Rock.

Sansa's in an iffy situation in terms of inheritance, but she does have a lot of fingers in various pies, or rather Littlefinger has fingers in various pies through her.

Littlefinger is the titular High Lord of the Riverlands. If he marries Sansa, he could legitimize his status to Tully holdouts, since she a daughter of Catelyn Tully and physically resembles the Tully family. For Sansa to inherit Riverrun in her own right, the Lannisters have to lose power and with them Genna and Emmon (and all other Freys) and Edmure and his wife and child have to die.

If Littlefinger can get the charges of kingslaying against Sansa dropped, and the marriage to Tyrion annulled, then the way is clear for her to marry Harry and, if SweetRobin dies, become Lady of the Vale. But with this option, Littlefinger only retains power in the Vale if Harry dies and Sansa has a son or two by Harry and keeps Littlefinger around.

If Rickon and Bran never appear, and Sansa's marriage to Tyrion is annulled and the kingslaying charges dropped, then Sansa becomes one of the most eligible girls in Westeros as the Stark heiress, and can give any powerful family or man a solid claim against the Boltons (if they're not dead by then). She would still be desirable if Rickon returns to the North; as a figurehead for whatever/whoever holds Rickon - but she could also be an obstacle to the Manderlys in that she could claim the right to be Regent of Winterfell and raise Rickon herself, as his sister.

If Aegon and Connington overthrow the Lannisters and conquer King's Landing, then it's a whole new ballgame. Providing that Aegon's cousin Arianne or one of the Sand Snakes doesn't seduce Aegon into marriage first, he might be interested in Sansa; and would overturn the charge of killing Joffrey. But I have a feeling that Aegon won't be in power for long.

If Tyrion returns to King's Landing as Dany's councilor, and claims Casterly Rock, he might reclaim Sansa too; in which case she might end up Lady Lannister after all, which I would hate to see.

Unless Tyrion ends up on the Iron Throne as King and takes Margaery as his queen after an unfortunate accident befalls Tommen...

Personally, I'd like to see more of Willas Tyrell, find out if he was in on the plot to frame Sansa for Joffrey's murder, and maybe match him up with Sansa if he wasn't - Being Lady of Highgarden, with a loving, intelligent and kind husband and rich domain and breeding puppies and horses sounds like a great life, if they can manage it during the upcoming Winter...

Sansa will warg Sandor Clegane and kill all the champions they throw at her in single combat, therefore will be judged not guilty the sights of gods and men.

This might solve the problem with the executions too.

Archived