Davos - why is he so perfect?

ViennaGirl

But we generally don't think he has a great destiny, right? Isn't that kind of interesting?

I think he is Azor Ahai. He was reborn amidst salt and smoke on the Blackwater and he is now headed to Skagos, which means 'stone' in the Old Tongue. I don't know how he is going to awaken a dragon there, but I believe it will happen.

I think he is Azor Ahai. He was reborn amidst salt and smoke on the Blackwater and he is now headed to Skagos, which means 'stone' in the Old Tongue. I don't know how he is going to awaken a dragon there, but I believe it will happen.

Better him than Dany. I swear to the old gods and the new ...

That, plus maybe his shadow on the painted table, i.e., map of Westeros. His shadow looking like a sword across the country...I could work with that ;)

AMEN. Seriously.

He's ok.... :P

but honestly, sometimes he reminds me so much of Ned that no wonder people don't expect him to live happily ever after!

uhm, no. No. NO NO NO! no people, NO :D :D :D

Davos' perfection is epic and I would have his babies.

But he's still excellent and I would also have his babies.

that's somewhat understandable but you should be aware of the fact that if you had his babies he wouldn't visit them very often ;)

Davos' perfect awesomeness is balanced by the fact that he is incredibly boring. :D

If Stannis (and later Manderley) wasn't in Davos' chapters I think I would skip them on rereads... I do skip the chapters where it's just Davos already...

Huh? Battle of the Blackwater? R'hllor shadow assasin? Discovering Manderly's true allegiance and level of cunning? You serious or what?

Davos is the maturity and wisdom I long for when reading Jon or Dany.

Archived