Do you want Jon Snow to die?

Aneurin Frey

BIG ASS SPOILER......

Theon is taken to the Heart Tree at the lake and is done in the old way by Stannis,reviving Jon.

I think that someone — Bran or Bloodraven or both — wants Stannis to take Theon to the weirwood. But I don't think the intent is to execute him, especially if Bran's the one doing the string-pulling.

BIG ASS SPOILER......

Theon is taken to the Heart Tree at the lake and is done in the old way by Stannis,reviving Jon.

AMEN to that!

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the end of that gift chapter! Blood sacrifice to revive Jon, reminded me of the last scene Bran sees when he sees through the tree in winterfell! Problem is, I really like Theon now, but that would probably be the ultimate redemption, saving my favorite character.

I really dislike the idea of R'hllor being involved in Jon's healing/revival. He has shown multiple times that his gods are the old gods, and being saved by some other deity just seems wrong!

The best thing that could happen imho is that he is immediately taken away by the wildlings and they (Val? :wub: ) nurse him back to health.

I think that the main problem with the glamour theory would be that it, if I've understood everything right, happened during Jon's own POV and the glamour only changes the outward appearence of a person but not the inner characters and thus I don't think it was a feint but the real Jon who got a taste of steel.

I have been thinking about this, and this maybe really far fetched. But if Mel knew (from her fires) that Jon was going to die at that time is it possible she cast a spell on Jon without him knowing it? He is participating in a glamour while his real body is passed out some where unknown to himself. Therefore he thinks he is just in his normal body until he can no longer feel his sword hand as Mel pulls him out of the glamour. It could have been a scheme between Mel and some of the Night's Watch guys to seize control of the wall while not actually killing Jon. Or she may simply have erased part of Jon's memory that he was under a spell?

Hey, at least it wasn't Hodor. :dunno:

AMEN to that!

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the end of that gift chapter! Blood sacrifice to revive Jon, reminded me of the last scene Bran sees when he sees through the tree in winterfell! Problem is, I really like Theon now, but that would probably be the ultimate redemption, saving my favorite character.

I really dislike the idea of R'hllor being involved in Jon's healing/revival. He has shown multiple times that his gods are the old gods, and being saved by some other deity just seems wrong!

The best thing that could happen imho is that he is immediately taken away by the wildlings and they (Val? :wub: ) nurse him back to health.

Well if Bran uses Theon's life to save him then it would not be R'hllor. I don't think we have enough time left in the series for Val to heal Jon by normal means.

Well if Bran uses Theon's life to save him then it would not be R'hllor.

I don't think we have enough time left in the series for Val to heal Jon by normal means.

spoiler tags are your friend, maybe you should edit your post.

and that was exactly what I was saying, of course that wouldn't be r'hllor. and you might be right about the val thing... :idea: but I can live with that XD

If Jon Snow finally bites it I will be overjoyed and will probably make a short dance where I am (as long as it isn't a public space with people present :P)! Then I will hit my stereo and turn on "Another one bites the dust" and rejoice for the rest of that day. Honestly I would be thrilled if Jon dies because then I would know for certain that the situation is still sharp and that Martin hasn't retired into the comfort zone of Plot Armour +1000 for all major characters.

And there's no telling to how much interesting stuff that can go down over at the Wall and in the North if Jon is down. I predict glorious chaos! Stannis will likely be fucked but that's one we'll all have to take in the interest of great reading.

Killing off main characters this late in the story just to stay 'sharp' is silly. Jons death accomplished nothing. If Jon dies, the north dies, period. Rickon is too young and too busy fighting unicorns, bran is getting molested by trees, arya is ripping faces off people and sansa is too busy being clueless to everything. There is no one person who can unify the north when the white walkers come. Not Stannis, Not manderly and not the boltons. which means the white walkers will destroy the north and kill everyone just because GRRM wanted to stay sharp. :fencing:

No! I rather have Danny die falling from her dragon's back! Jon is to important of a character to die such an uneventful death.

I completely agree with this in every way.

BTW Jon's arc is a little cliche but the fact that GRRM is juggling like 100 storylines if 3 or 4 or cliche and the rest are original I can live with that. :dunno:

People expect too much sometimes. I dont even like Jon all that much, but I probably will after he becomes AA.

Stannis will likely be fucked but that's one we'll all have to take in the interest of great reading.

Stannis seems to have developed this trait where, as long as he still draws breath, there remains a glimmer of hope for him and his iron will.

I think that Snow will very likely be back but the case for his revival leading to him becoming AA/PTWP is prematurely overstated. The same is true of the vows, though to a much lesser degree (that is more likely). He would be one of the least unexpected choices for such a role given how often people think that such will happen.

So you propose Jon should be resurrected via Val smothering him with her breasts? :stillsick:

That would be the sweetest resurrection so far in the series. :cool4:

I have been thinking about this, and this maybe really far fetched. But if Mel knew (from her fires) that Jon was going to die at that time is it possible she cast a spell on Jon without him knowing it? He is participating in a glamour while his real body is passed out some where unknown to himself. Therefore he thinks he is just in his normal body until he can no longer feel his sword hand as Mel pulls him out of the glamour. It could have been a scheme between Mel and some of the Night's Watch guys to seize control of the wall while not actually killing Jon. Or she may simply have erased part of Jon's memory that he was under a spell?

That's absolutely a possibility, a bit far fetched for me but within the range of possibility. The idea that Melisandre would have gathered followers within the NW to help her take command over the Wall away from Jon is a very interesting scenario.

Killing off main characters this late in the story just to stay 'sharp' is silly.

Not if it's a Stark. :D No seriously it would be silly if it was ONLY just to show that the game was still sharp but I think that there might actually be more reasons to off Jon than that. For instance it could be that with Melisandre at the wall Jon's usefulness is starting to become less as a perspective in the North regarding what happens at the Wall, as well as it would cause absolute chaos and havoc before the invasion by the Others. I mean it felt that something similar happend to Robb although similar is of course far from identical.

Stannis seems to have developed this trait where, as long as he still draws breath, there remains a glimmer of hope for him and his iron will.

I agree and I hope that Stannis will make it to the end and will either go out in a magnficient blaze of glory, or that he gets Storm's End and that both he and even more so his wife and his daughter get some positive in life for a change.

Not if it's a Stark. :D No seriously it would be silly if it was ONLY just to show that the game was still sharp but I think that there might actually be more reasons to off Jon than that. For instance it could be that with Melisandre at the wall Jon's usefulness is starting to become less as a perspective in the North regarding what happens at the Wall, as well as it would cause absolute chaos and havoc before the invasion by the Others. I mean it felt that something similar happend to Robb although similar is of course far from identical.

Haha, Well I see where your coming from. Im a Stark fan, but none of the Starks are my favorite characters besides Ned. If it were up to me I would want Stannis as King. But if Jon dies then what main character will there be at the wall or North? Mel? I still think he's whats holding the north together whether he realizes it or not.

Also I believe he isn't dead, just mortally wounded and in a coma or something

If he's resurrected, I hope it significantly changes him. With that, i mean i hope he'll lead the others as a wight captain or something. Either that or he has to stay dead.

If it's a faux death or a death that gives him a moral epiphany like jesus then...Yawn. He's already such a goodie goodie.

Death should still mean something and grrm has made it a habit to diminish its impact. It irritates me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived