The duel that never happened: Brandon Stark vs Rheagar Targaryen, who would win?

Lord Damian

You have to give it to Brandon. A man who will willingly strangle himself to death in an attempt to help his dad probably isn't going to go down easy, especially when the whole Lyanna fiasco comes into play.

You have to give it to Brandon. A man who will willingly strangle himself to death in an attempt to help his dad probably isn't going to go down easy, especially when the whole Lyanna fiasco comes into play.

Good point.

Also, it has been mentioned that Rhaegar was a great jouster and beat Brandon in a tourny... some people perform better when shit gets real and others worse.

Also, I dont care about the whole "Well, he gave Robert a run for his money! So he could probably take Brandon!"

Anyone that follows fighting knows that styles make fights, and just because Person A can beat Person B, and that person B can beat person C, does not mean that person A can beat person C.

Brandon was a warrior. Rhaegar a competitor. In a controlled environment following fixed rules Rhaegar wins. In battle, when there are no rules but kill or be killed, Brandon wins.

I'd give it to Brandon, based on the limited knowledge. We know he was hot headed, and more talented than Ned (who was average, which means Brandon is above). We also know Rhaegar preferred the harp to the sword, so I'd have to give it to Brandon.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:agree: Brandon wouldn't be named "wild wolf" without a reason...

Archived