Arya and her beauty

Cap Ou Pas Cap

One of my fantasy plotlines has Arya being planted in the household of one of Braavos' famous courtesans to collect intelligence and learn the art of feminine allure (NOT sex). I think much hilarity would ensue, because while Arya hates the girly stuff, she's also fiercely competitive and, dammit, if she has to be, she'll be girlier than anyone!!! But I don't expect her to spend much more time in Braavos; I think that when she hears that Jon has been killed, or maybe that "Arya" married Ramsay Bolton, she'll jump a ship headed back to Westeros, maybe with some of the sellswords going to fight for Stannis.

FWIW, I hate the idea of Arya and Gendry. Starks and Baratheons do NOT mix well. I think that as her father's daughter, Arya would be attracted to a Dayne, and there's the future Sword of the Morning in the Riverlands with her mother, just waiting for her return. Or heck, maybe Arya will become the Sword of the Morning.

I do not, however, see her using sex to manipulate anyone to doing her killing for her. Girlfriend can do it for herself.

I completely agree with the above.

I think she may end up in her own little triangle:

Aegon, Arya, Ned Dayne.

(Can't stand the Berantheons either, and Gendry has already showed signs of cruelty. I think he also might have been a little jealous of the interaction between Dayne and Arya).

Realistically Dany is the most obvious choice for a target.The FM were created in Valyria and don't like fire sorcery.I don't think they would have a problem with this job,if someone or some organization wants it badly enough.

Dany's father cooked Arya's grandfather alive in his armour and killed her uncle.

And Arya does not know Dany.She might "replace" Missandie to get close enough.

I like where your head is at here. I figured Dany would be likely given her lineage, but I was also toying with the idea of her being sent to assassinate someone she knows or possibly loves as a test of loyalty.

Personally,id rather have no ruling Queens cause they all turn out to be so incompetent,but if i had to choose,it would be arya.just cause she was so awesome in ASOS and ACOK.nvm all that FM bullshit

Well, there's a lot of evidence of crazy, incompetent kings and bannerMEN galore. Arya will never care about her looks. She is all about strength of character. I also don't know why she needs to "pair up" with anyone. In the end she will succeed, even if she's homely and single.

I completely agree with the above.

I think she may end up in her own little triangle:

Aegon, Arya, Ned Dayne.

(Can't stand the Berantheons either, and Gendry has already showed signs of cruelty. I think he also might have been a little jealous of the interaction between Dayne and Arya).

I liked Arya and Gendry as good friends. He was the first one to figure out about Arry. Arya's response to Gendry's courtesies would probably be her same reaction to men thinking she's beautiful as she gets older. Though she may grow out of pushing them to the ground and yelling at them. Gendry was also the first one to see how good Arya was in the wild. He told her, "You're the only one of them that's worth anything," IIRC.

What signs of cruelty has Gendry shown?

cara, anyone? what?

I'd take a wild guess and say Thokeeks Bili means Cara from...err don't kill me I only know the the tv series...Legend of the Seeker? Cara is a beautiful woman but also a badass fighter and also has a pretty big mouth on her :D. If so, yeah that could be Arya in a few years...

I'd take a wild guess and say Thokeeks Bili means Cara from...err don't kill me I only know the the tv series...Legend of the Seeker? Cara is a beautiful woman but also a badass fighter and also has a pretty big mouth on her :D. If so, yeah that could be Arya in a few years...

Thank you my Lady of Oldcastle! for clearing that up for me

The winner of the .....uh....um.........good guess! And absolutely correct!!!

I don't think Arya was ever ugly; that was just Sansa and Jeyne making fun of her. She's obviously becoming a very pretty girl who will then grow into a beautiful young women (she takes after Lyanna, afterall).

I don't know how much fighting people will be fighting over her, since I don't think she'll be revealing her true self anytime soon, but she'll probably have a beautiful face regardless, which could come into play in other ways.

Her next apprenticeship could be as a courtesan, possibly like one of the mermaids attending the Merling Queen, learning their ways, etc...

I hope she also starts brushing up again on her water dancing skills. She'll need them.

Also, I like the idea of her the younger queen to bring Cersei down, but more likely that would be Dany or even Sansa before her.

Personally I hope Arya remains her very direct self and doesn't get bogged down in her own looks. Hard to say what will happen as she hasn't even flowered yet but even then I'm hoping she sees it as an irrelevant conern and keeps focus on her... training. I think though that the story will conclude before any of this becomes an issue anyway.

I liked Arya and Gendry as good friends. He was the first one to figure out about Arry. Arya's response to Gendry's courtesies would probably be her same reaction to men thinking she's beautiful as she gets older. Though she may grow out of pushing them to the ground and yelling at them. Gendry was also the first one to see how good Arya was in the wild. He told her, "You're the only one of them that's worth anything," IIRC.

What signs of cruelty has Gendry shown?

Well, maybe not cruelty, but he was mean to Brienne, (of course everyone is mean to Brienne), but perhaps thats his youth more than anything, but he did take a dislike to Ned Dayne.

Personally, it would be funny if she was still pushing them to the ground and yelling at them- but if she's beautiful, they may not mind. :P

Archived