The Black Cat - warg of Rhaenys?

Freygatarian

I also got the impression that the black cat is Balerion being warged by BR, otherwise I think there would be too many lines dedicated to a simple black cat.

But why would Bloodraven want to see what is happening in Kings Landing? What is his goal?

But why would Bloodraven want to see what is happening in Kings Landing? What is his goal?

Uhm, I don't know, he seems also to control Mormont's raven and it has said a couple of times "King" in Jon's presence. I believe he knows the truth about Jon's parentage (again, assuming too much that R+L=legitimate J), maybe he wants to put the right Targaryen heir on the throne (i know Targs sent him to the Wall and so on but who knows) and so he needs to know what's up in KL :D I never thought that BR looks (white hair, red eyes) and Ghost being so alike were a coincidence, I think he will be important to Jon's future in some way

Why would Bloodraven want to spy in Kings Landing? Answer: because that's just want he does!

It's not for nothing that he was rumoured to have a thousand eyes and one. Bloodraven is the ultimate spy master, but the thing with him is that his 'little birds' are likely to be, quite literally, birds (or cats or rats...or trees).

It wouldn't surprise me if we learned that Bloodraven has been keeping at least one set of eyes in the Red Keep ever since he was the Hand. Maybe he is an information junkie, maybe he is an insatiable busy-body, but I think he has been gathering intelligence for many, many decades. We don't know what his ultimate goal is or even whose side he is on, but it certainly makes sense to be keeping an eye on the political hub of the country.

Why would Bloodraven want to spy in Kings Landing? Answer: because that's just want he does!

It's not for nothing that he was rumoured to have a thousand eyes and one. Bloodraven is the ultimate spy master, but the thing with him is that his 'little birds' are likely to be, quite literally, birds (or cats or rats...or trees).

It wouldn't surprise me if we learned that Bloodraven has been keeping at least one set of eyes in the Red Keep ever since he was the Hand. Maybe he is an information junkie, maybe he is an insatiable busy-body, but I think he has been gathering intelligence for many, many decades. We don't know what his ultimate goal is or even whose side he is on, but it certainly makes sense to be keeping an eye on the political hub of the country.

Someone should sign him on for a course in efficiency and time management :drunk: :If he wants to know what is going on it seems way more effective to take control of for instance Varys, or the Hand of the King. :cool4: The cat is hunted and could easily be killed.

Seems more efficient to go right to where all the information is.

Someone should sign him on for a course in efficiency and time management :drunk: :If he wants to know what is going on it seems way more effective to take control of for instance Varys, or the Hand of the King. :cool4: The cat is hunted and could easily be killed.

But maybe he is a nice warg that doesn't warg people :D plus, a cat can go unnoticed easier than a person, hide in places where a person cannot and thus hear/see things that a person could not.

Well it is pretty hard to take control of a human. And a cat can go where a person can not. And if the cat dies, he can get another animal, if he doesn't already have one which he probably does. I think he has been doing this for a while.

At the end of ADWD it is mentioned that Balerion has been bothering the palace ravens. Trying to intercept messages maybe, or maybe just trying to damage the channel of communication.

I am curious, what is the plot sense? What could be Bloodravens goal in monitoring what happens in Kings Landing? What does he want to achieve?

Well, you know, it's boring living in a tree, inside a cave.... everyone likes a good soap show :)

Sorry, but I think you are wrong, that was just wat he DID, when he was Hand, and was like Varys.... but now, those things and conflicts in King's Landing are completly trivial. Just like the Old Bear said, do you really think it matters who sits the Iron Throne when winter comes??? Targaryen, Baratheon, Lannister, etc... it really doesn't matter. When the white walkers will invide, Westeors will unite immediatly against them. Maybe if there was a real war going on like during the war of the 5 kings, that would have been difficult, but now, when there's peace??? of course there are conflicts prepared now, from everywhere.... but that will stop I'm sure if there is the need....

PS: of course, the iron men will keap reaving, damn idiots, luckily the krackens will take care of them :)

Damn I forgot..... you people need to think of something. How many cats older than 20 years do you know???? I think it's impossible to be Raenys' cat.... I agree it fits the story, but that's not enough. Maybe it's one of his kittens

If Rhaeny's had warged into the cat (which I don't believe) wouldn't she have faded away by now? Varamyr took the eagle because he said Orell was already fading, and that was after a few months at most.

It seems the spirits that inhabit the ravens North of the Wall have survived longer, but they were CotF and Greenseers.

If Rhaeny's had warged into the cat (which I don't believe) wouldn't she have faded away by now? Varamyr took the eagle because he said Orell was already fading, and that was after a few months at most.

It seems the spirits that inhabit the ravens North of the Wall have survived longer, but they were CotF and Greenseers.

Yes, according to Haggon, when the human body dies, the humanity gets lost and only the animal remains at the end. I doubt Rhaenys could have remained inside the cat for so many years.

I think that Balerion might very well be being warged (namely by Bloodraven), but not by Rhaenys herself. Biggest reason: Warging is apparently tied to old god worship and/or First Men blood, neither of which Rhaenys did or had.

ETA: And yeah, what other people are saying. She'd've "faded" long before now.

Damn I forgot..... you people need to think of something. How many cats older than 20 years do you know???? I think it's impossible to be Raenys' cat.... I agree it fits the story, but that's not enough. Maybe it's one of his kittens

In AGOT a guard told Arya that the cat was "older than sin and twice as mean", "the real king of this castle". I believe the sack of King's Landing happened 16 years before at this point, so while old the cat wouldn't be quite 20 years yet. Even so, a quick google search says cats naturally live 16-18 years although some can live up to 25. Plus, this is a magic cat if this theory is correct! Bloodraven is around 125 years old, so natural life expectancy is out the window when magic's involved.

After brushing up on skinchanging/warging it seems that if Balerion is being warged it would be by a pro such as BloodRaven. From the wiki: "Cats, are cruel and vain beasts and can’t be easily controlled, only forced."

Forgot about that quote. I think that definitely foreshadows a warged cat.

Archived