The Wise Man's Fear VII (Spoilers and speculation)

jumbles

I think the part about Anilin is a separate matter... They were doing some other job and they made a mess of it. "We already lost him twice" is probably after Ambrose hired him. If you think about it, there isnt anybody from his life before university that could have a reason and the means to hire them, its always one or the other.

I don't think it can be a coincidence. Rothfuss doesn't seem to have any other coincidences. It's either something to do with Denna or with Roent's caravan. There's plenty of other cities that could've been mentioned if it was just a random job they were talking about.

I'm not sure what to make of Denna.

so far, there's no solid proof on whether or not Denna is a whore right?

for Kvothe's sake, I really hope she isn't some loose whore. Kvothe deserves better than that.

Hopefully she always got away before any of her "boyfriends" tried to sleep with her.

But I've got a feeling Kvothe and Denna will never have sex, because when Kvothe was cuddling with Denna on top of that stone near the Draccus, he mentioned that that was the greatest moment of his life, which is kind of a dead giveaway that he's never experienced anything better than that with her.(which REALLY sucks because I want Kvothe to succeed in his chase for Denna)

I don't think it can be a coincidence. Rothfuss doesn't seem to have any other coincidences. It's either something to do with Denna or with Roent's caravan. There's plenty of other cities that could've been mentioned if it was just a random job they were talking about.

Yeah, but tugs dont usualy travel halfway around the world to find work... The city is close, they had to relocate, so they came here...

I'm not sure what to make of Denna.

so far, there's no solid proof on whether or not Denna is a whore right?

for Kvothe's sake, I really hope she isn't some loose whore. Kvothe deserves better than that.

Hopefully she always got away before any of her "boyfriends" tried to sleep with her.

But I've got a feeling Kvothe and Denna will never have sex, because when Kvothe was cuddling with Denna on top of that stone near the Draccus, he mentioned that that was the greatest moment of his life, which is kind of a dead giveaway that he's never experienced anything better than that with her.(which REALLY sucks because I want Kvothe to succeed in his chase for Denna)

It was: "As I lay there, I realized I had been wrong before, this was the most wonderful moment of my life."

Meaning he thought that at the time it was happening, so it tells us nothing about later in life...

And I kinda hope she gets killed of pretty early in The Doors of Stone, she is getting annoying, just think how much of day 2 was spent talking about her..... I mean come on, theres got to be more interesting things to talk about than how he sulks cause she goes out with a 123456789 other guys.... Get together or dnt, just get it over with...

Now that my rant is finished, I hope he gets the girl too... But if that happens I dont think it will be in book 3.

It was: "As I lay there, I realized I had been wrong before, this was the most wonderful moment of my life."

Meaning he thought that at the time it was happening, so it tells us nothing about later in life...

And I kinda hope she gets killed of pretty early in The Doors of Stone, she is getting annoying, just think how much of day 2 was spent talking about her..... I mean come on, theres got to be more interesting things to talk about than how he sulks cause she goes out with a 123456789 other guys.... Get together or dnt, just get it over with...

Now that my rant is finished, I hope he gets the girl too... But if that happens I dont think it will be in book 3.

oh wow, why didn't I think of that. I forgot how his story isn't told in the past tense..

Well hopefully he gets with Denna eventually..

anyway, do you really think there will be more books past the third one? For some reason Rothfuss isn't confirming the second Kvothe triology that everyone is hoping for...

He did say more stories would be told in the same world, but he keeps dodging the question of whether or not it will continue Kvothe's story

Perhaps somebody else from his earlier life hired those killers.

That was his early life. No one from Tarbean would now he was coming to the University.

No one who knew him before Tarbean was alive (apart from Abenthy, who definitely wouldn't hire killers to kill Kvothe).

Yeah, but tugs dont usualy travel halfway around the world to find work... The city is close, they had to relocate, so they came here...

They weren't simple thugs. They were professional killers. I think that Anilin, which is supposedly a large town would be a better place for such killers than little towns like Imre. Business for them would be worse in smaller towns. Moreover Tarbean is also very close as well.

In one of the earlier threads it was speculated that She is a con artist, not a prostitute. She may have been one earlier, but no longer.

I think Denna has to play a pivotal role in book 3. Otherwise, the volume of pages spent describing his endless searching for her seems out of proportion.

I think Denna has to play a pivotal role in book 3. Otherwise, the volume of pages spent describing his endless searching for her seems out of proportion.

I hope Denna lives.

People I hope die in Doors: Kvothe, Ambrose, Auntie Lackless, Felurian, Heme, Cinder, Maer.

People I hope live: Denna, Haliax, Fela, Auri, Elodin, Sim, Wil, Devi, Mola, other Profs, Chronciler, Bast

People I hope are freed: Iax/Jax.

People next part should focus on: Fela, Bast, Auri, Elodin, Sim, Devi, Iax, Haliax.

Okay. Here's Something:

There are few things as nauseating as pure obedience," he said. "Both of you would do well to remember that.

Kvothe says this to Chronicler and Bast, especially Chronicler, after he doesn't say that what Kvothe saw was not a Dragon, but a Draccus.

Now what I think may have happened to Kvothe (may happen in D3), is that he was instructed by someone, someone he trusts a lot, to do something. He did what he was instructed with pure obedience.This could have been what made him cause irreparable damage, maybe even cause the War. This may also explain his line, ... and was betrayed.

One time he did something similar to what I am speculating may have happened, was when he opened the door Master Hemme's room on instructions of Elodin without question, or on a bit smaller scale he jumped of the to of the Crokery (Maybe that is what Elodin want's to teach Kvothe)

They weren't simple thugs. They were professional killers. I think that Anilin, which is supposedly a large town would be a better place for such killers than little towns like Imre. Business for them would be worse in smaller towns. Moreover Tarbean is also very close as well.

Yeah, but if they botched a job in Anilin they might have been forced to relocate, and they got a job on their way to Tarbean, since Imre is between Tarbean and Anilin...

If Kvothe dies, who is telling the story??

He could tell the rest of his story, and then something could happen (like whoever is looking for him coming to town with a lot of soldiers) and he could be killed. But I think that is unlikely, since in the beggining and end of the books there is the whole "like a man waiting to die" part, and if he really dies then that would just be bad writing (and Rothfuss is certainly not a bad writer)... It is more likely, in my opinion, that he will remember who he was, and start on a journey to get his power back and killing the Chandrian(which could be the second trilogy).

It is more likely, in my opinion, that he will remember who he was, and start on a journey to get his power back and killing the Chandrian(which could be the second trilogy).

And that would be a cliché. Something Rothfuss is desperately trying to avoid.

So far it is clearly implied that this is a tragedy. We have seen the Ctheah, sign of a tragic ending in the Fae, the Modegan Doctor (Lorren compated as such)and the Aturan Wizard (Elxa Dal compared as such).

That was his early life. No one from Tarbean would now he was coming to the University.

No one who knew him before Tarbean was alive (apart from Abenthy, who definitely wouldn't hire killers to kill Kvothe).

Isn't one of the assassins is named Tam? And one of the kids who comes at him his first night in Tarbean is also named Tam, right? It's all so obviously a vengeance plot orchestrated by Pike.

In one of the earlier threads it was speculated that She is a con artist, not a prostitute. She may have been one earlier, but no longer.

Does this really matter to people? In a text full of casual sexism, there's a pretty gentle hand with the world's oldest profession. All the whores, including Denna, are portrayed in a positive light. That Ambrose beats his whores is the final word on why he deserves to be attacked. And Kvothe's bilious moment exactly halfway through the story is almost calling Denna a whore despite his father's admonishing memory.

I hope Denna lives.

People I hope die in Doors: Kvothe, Ambrose, Auntie Lackless, Felurian, Heme, Cinder, Maer.

People I hope live: Denna, Haliax, Fela, Auri, Elodin, Sim, Wil, Devi, Mola, other Profs, Chronciler, Bast

People I hope are freed: Iax/Jax.

People next part should focus on: Fela, Bast, Auri, Elodin, Sim, Devi, Iax, Haliax.

Come on, you know Sim dies. Even if Pat's got a fair hand with prostitutes, there's no way the great tragedy isn't Kvothe's betrayal of the bromance. The Chandrian all live. Kvothe's a bit player in a drama that broad.

Incidentally, I read that the Four Corners story following book three will feature Laniel Young Again.

So far it is clearly implied that this is a tragedy. We have seen the Ctheah, sign of a tragic ending in the Fae, the Modegan Doctor (Lorren compated as such)and the Aturan Wizard (Elxa Dal compared as such).

I'm not really sure why folks want a Kvothe hunts the chandrian story. It kinda feels like I've read that before. I mean, I'd probably read it, but I'd rather Kvothe didn't become the next Drizzt. Y'know?

Better a cliché than telling us 10 times he is waiting to die and then killing him... that would be idiotic, its like saying "you dont need to read the book, I am telling you he is going to die..."

Better a cliché than telling us 10 times he is waiting to die and then killing him... that would be idiotic, its like saying "you dont need to read the book, I am telling you he is going to die..."

If you read about the World War II, you know that the Allies win, so there is no point in reading about the history of the war? The story is telling he is going to die. But will be about Why he is wanting to die. That in no way implies you don't need to read the book. I have read the ending of a couple of books before actually reading the books itself, but that didn't mean I didn't read the book, just because I knew the ending.

I'm not really sure why folks want a Kvothe hunts the chandrian story. It kinda feels like I've read that before. I mean, I'd probably read it, but I'd rather Kvothe didn't become the next Drizzt. Y'know?

Its better than a Kvothe twiddles his thumbs story.... I mean, he doesnt have to hunt the Chandrian, but do something... Become a hero again like Bast is trying to make him do... Aside from that, it makes sense that he would hunt the Chandrian, since most of the things he does are motivated by his desire to kill them (except the idiotic things that are the result of his crush on Denna). He goes to the university and starts learning about Naming, he starts hunting the Amyr so they woud help him, in Ademre he talks with Shehyn about the Chandrian:

“Will you meet such a one again?”

“Yes.”The certainty in my own voice surprised me.

“With purpose?”

“Yes.”

“What purpose?”

“To kill him.”

“Such things are not easily killed.”

I nodded.

“Will you use what Tempi has taught you to do this?”

“I will use all things to that purpose.”

So it isnt such a big leap to conclude that he will go after them... Unless he already killed some of them in book 3 (or at least Cinder).

Isn't one of the assassins is named Tam? And one of the kids who comes at him his first night in Tarbean is also named Tam, right? It's all so obviously a vengeance plot orchestrated by Pike.

Yes, an assassin is named Tam. But no, not one of the people who attacked him in Tarbean were named Tam.

The names told were:

1) Pike

2) Lin

That was it. No one else was named. And I don't think that Pike had the resources to get Kvothe's hair, somehow, and find an arcanist prepared to and capable of making a Dousing Compass. If he had had those resources, he could as well have left Tarbean and lived comfortably.

If you read about the World War II, you know that the Allies win, so there is no point in reading about the history of the war? The story is telling he is going to die. But will be about Why he is wanting to die. That in no way implies you don't need to read the book. I have read the ending of a couple of books before actually reading the books itself, but that didn't mean I didn't read the book, just because I knew the ending.

Depends on the kind of book it is and the ending... And no, I dont see the point in readin a book about WW2, dont care about it, know all I need to know, and will never read about it... I agree in this kind of book even if you know how it will end, the why is important, but there are better ways of letting us know he will die, then bludgeoning us on the head with it every chance he gets... Like I said, I think that would be bad writing... And besides, we see a change for the better at the end of book 2 (he starts practicing the Ketan), so that would imply that he would go back to how he was... I mean the end of day 3 is probably the end of the story he is telling Chronicler, and it would be kinda lame if he finished the story, someone came in and killed him. But thats just what I think...

And no, I dont see the point in readin a book about WW2, dont care about it, know all I need to know, and will never read about it

If you read about the World War II, you know that the Allies win, so there is no point in reading about the history of the war?

Special emphasis on IF! It is irrelevant whether you want to read about WW2 or not. That was just an Analogy referring to a story whose ending is clearly known.

Archived