Sooooo ... The Starks?

Ned Stark's Ghost

I

As for Arya, mayhaps there will be no Arya by story's end. If she lives, and is herself, I sincerely hope she stays far away from Winterfell. Arya does not seem the sort of person who could ever be happy with a high lady's life.

It is a bit scary to think that Ayra might not be a daughter of Winterfell anymore (and will become no one :( ), however I do believe that she can still be a she wolf if she returns to Winterfell, she will be sort of like Lyanne fierce, strong and dangerous, unlike Cercei, Ayra will not have to wish to be a man because she is able to do anything and be a woman/girl. I believe the idea of or a lady that Sansa and the Tullys have, has nothing to do with the idea of a Winterfell lady. That is why his father allowed her to be teached in swords...

It is looking likely that there'll be a Stark comeback of some sorts at some point in time. Their biggest advantage is probably that at this point in time everyone in Westeros thinks that they're finished, while Arya is learning to be an assassin, Sansa is learning the Game, and Bran is learning his warging and greenseeing.

The Starks are in the perfect position to come back. They've hit rock bottom, so there's no place to go but up! But seriously, it's really just their age and youth that limits them right now. The Stark kids can hardly take on the Freys/Boltons/Lannisters when they're kids still learning how the world works. But the groundwork for a comeback is there and all they need to do is find the right circumstances to bring together the pieces. Sansa will get their former allies in line, finally bringing in the Vale to offer military support to reclaim the north. The riverlords will support her too once word gets out that she's reclaiming the north with the help of the Vale. Rickon is the male Stark they need to offset the "fake arya" claim the Boltons have. And his reveal means the northern lords will finally have to choose which family to support: the Starks or the Boltons. There's a bunch of important pieces to the puzzle, but it's all there for the Stark kids to bring together, if they have the tools and foresight to know how to.

first post don't kill me. i think what will happen is rickon comes down with the might of skagos behind is back. he lands in the north and they rally to him. rickon swears fealty to stannis (hes young

so maybe they will have someone else do it for him) he then declares manderly his regent until he comes of age. they conquer the north and march south with the might of the north. i think Jon

will march south and leaves Tormund in charge of the wall to fight the others along with bran's children of the forest. on the way south they in counter howland reed who tells Jon/stannis who

Jon's real parents are. (who all know who they are) their they attack and destroy house Frey. around the same time the vale declares for sansa via marriage (i don't think she will allow LF to kill

robin). she unites with her kinsman rickon and declares for stannis. with the might of house tully, the vale, and the north they march south to destroy house lannister as aegon is in the south with

dorne and maybe stannis has given up his claim to the throne by declaring Jon the true king of westeros. Danny then arrives with her troops and they all three unite.arya might make a

appearance by getting on a ship from braavos to the north as the iron bank now supports stannis. their they defeat house lannister and house tyrells forces. btw im going with the iron fleet

bringing danny to westeros. from their Margery maybe is married to aegon as he might be exposed as a blackfyre and as we all know he wants the throne so this might be away of settling him.

in the end i think Danny will marry Jon. rickon will rule the north, sansa will rule the vale with her husband or if robin survives share rule with him til he comes of age. theon might share rule with

asha, Margery will marry aegon, i don't know what happens with adrianne maybe she marries aegon instead of Margery idk. stormlands are rules by stannis and has a son for his heir or he puts

Shirley as the heir of the stormlands and he returns to become the leader of the nights watch with his red priest to fight the others. arya is a mystery. maybe she plays a big role or not. my

favorite theory is shes returns to the north with men from braavos who have come to support stannis and their through her dire wolf gains a pack which numbers in the thousands? which she

uses to help the north win the war. once again my first post im sure its sloppy please don't kill me :)

The original title suggested by GRRM for the last book in the series was "A Time For Wolves", he then changed it to a "Dream of Spring" because (afaik) he felt it was too spoilerish. So ya. I'm pretty sure the Starks will return to have their day before this series is over.

WRT Arya and Winterfell...

Playing Final Fantasy VI*, I had the thought of Arya doing a rigged coin flip to stay in Winterfell, so another sibling could "walk free" (it could be in reverse, i.e. Jon lets Arya go with the same trick) would probably be the most bittersweet ending I can imagine for her...

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell."

*In FFVI, there are two princes- Edgar and Sabin- who both want to abdicate after their father's death and tromp the world; Edgar scolds Sabin for trying to run off without him, saying that one of them needs to stay and do their duty. He then tosses a two-headed coin (Sabin doesn't know that) to "decide" which of them has to stay and do the dirty work...

where did the idea of aegon being a backfyre come from? i assumed he would take the iron throne and the starks would take back the north?

read another post saying he could be one. thin it had to do with the prophecy that was told to danny or something like that cant recall.

read another post saying he could be one. thin it had to do with the prophecy that was told to danny or something like that cant recall.

The "mummer's dragon" prophecy. I've participated in these discussions, so allow me to clarify in short form.

Controversy has risen whether Aegon is the mummer's dragon meaning "fake dragon" (proponents use the term "mummers tears" meaning fake tears as support) or whether the term means he is controlled by the mummer (Varys). That said, mummer's tears are still real tears, but for a false reason.

I, myself, am neutral on the issue but lean away from Aegon being a random baby with Valyrian hair. I believe either he is a true Targ (I am going to believe this until the books say otherwise) or that Blackfyre backstory will FINALLY be relevant. I just find the arguments for his fakeness to be a bit ungrounded (except the Blackfyre theory).

I like the Starks but not in the same way as I did when first reading the books. At first they were my main interest, I guess like for so many others partially because of all the pov's we were getting. The recent events hovewer have shown that there are other families/events etc just as interesting so imo the Starks for me arent the obvious and strongest focus of interest anymore. A case in point for me would be Roose Bolton who I at first disliked because of the RW but whom I now see as one of the more interesting characters, had a Stark been around things might have been different. I do hovewer hope that Sansa will do well and that Winterfell will return to Stark hands. For me not having Rickon in the story isnt such a big deal, if he returns I do hope he doesnt instantly rise as this conquering hero that some might want him to be. Hovewer I do like the Davos/Manderly/Stannis connection and ideally the Starks would make common cause with Stannis. As other have said the Starks will return but hasnt Martin also warned us that the ending will be bitter sweet? This will surely effect the Starks aswell, who it might be said have already had their fair share of bitterness..

to be fair i don't think anyone else's bitterness comes close to the starks ... they have been set upon from all sides, so i still hope they will come back and lead the fight against the others while aegon/dany take the throne ... ties in nicely to jon being AA too don't u think?

to be fair i don't think anyone else's bitterness comes close to the starks ... they have been set upon from all sides, so i still hope they will come back and lead the fight against the others while aegon/dany take the throne ... ties in nicely to jon being AA too don't u think?

Yes the Starks have suffered greatly and I think this has effected the remaining ones in how they will act in the future, IE Sansa and partially Jon as leaders probably wont be as gullible (?) or blue-eyed as one might say Ned or even Robb was. The murders of their parents and brother has already toughened them, the same of course goes for the much traumatized Arya aswell..As for Jon being AA..I actually dont want him to be that but thats mainly because I prefer the more down to earth and gritty version of ASOIAF rather than the more fantastical/magical one, IE I dont like the Others in the story either. I would rather have Jon as LC or somehow return to politics in the north, though not as king! The Starks hovewer should be the ones fighting the Others alongside the NW and all others (heh) willing to help, thats only logical considering they have always been guarding the northern border against enemies.

I like this a lot but please do not make Jon end up with Dany... I like them both but that ending will be too pink, and a bit creepy Jon marrying her aunt (asuming R+L=J)? I know in the targs it should not really matter but still.

Archived